Geoffrey Zakarian to Host....on the Breakaway

tiffygirl

Geoffrey Zakarian to Host Dining Experiences on Norwegian

on 25 July 2013.

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian will host a number of special activities on board Norwegian Breakaway during two of the ship’s upcoming sailings: November 3 and December 1, 2013.

These sailings will feature an exclusive opportunity to meet and interact with the Iron Chef in his on-board restaurant, Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian.

While sailing on board Norwegian Breakaway from November 7 through 10 and December 5 through December 8, Zakarian will offer Norwegian guests a variety of unique and interactive opportunities.

He will host an exciting meet and greet session, giving guests the chance to take a photo with their favorite Iron Chef and a dynamic cooking demonstration, followed by a personalized book signing of his latest cookbook. The special event of each cruise will be the opportunity to attend an intimate dining experience* where a limited number of guests will enjoy a specially-curated Ocean Blue tasting menu served by the Iron Chef himself.

Geoffrey Zakarian recently launched three brand new seafood-centric restaurants on Norwegian’s New York City-inspired ship, Norwegian Breakaway: Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian, an elegant seafood dining experience that focuses on premium ingredients and expert culinary techniques; The Raw Bar, an adjacent bar that highlights crustaceans, crudos, cocktails and wines by the glass; and Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, a more casual dining option that serves fun and easy fare.

All three of these unique venues utilize the freshest ingredients and finest techniques that Zakarian employs in his land-based restaurants, truly bringing the best of New York City dining experiences to sea on board Norwegian Breakaway. Showcasing his eye for details, Zakarian also orchestrated every element of the restaurant from menus, to uniforms, to glassware and utensils.

Zakarian's taste, style and passion for fine cuisine have defined his career, which has spanned more than 25 years. An accomplished chef who has presided over some of the country's top kitchens, he currently has two popular restaurants in New York City – The Lambs Club and The National; one in Atlantic City – The Water Club at Borgata; and a highly acclaimed cookbook “Geoffrey Zakarian’s Town/Country: 150 Recipes for Life Around the Table.” Zakarian emerged victorious in the recent fourth season of Food Network's The Next Iron Chef, Super Chefs. He appears regularly on Iron Chef America, demonstrating a razor-sharp knowledge of culinary techniques in this fast-paced cooking competition. When he's not battling in kitchen stadium, Zakarian stays busy filming CHOPPED, where he is featured as a recurring judge, and highlights his favorite dishes on The Best Thing I Ever Ate.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/9624-geoffrey-zakarian-to-host-dining-experiences-on-norwegian.html

Geoffrey Zakarian to Host Dining Experiences on Norwegian

on 25 July 2013.

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian will host a number of special activities on board Norwegian Breakaway during two of the ship’s upcoming sailings: November 3 and December 1, 2013.

These sailings will feature an exclusive opportunity to meet and interact with the Iron Chef in his on-board restaurant, Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian.

While sailing on board Norwegian Breakaway from November 7 through 10 and December 5 through December 8, Zakarian will offer Norwegian guests a variety of unique and interactive opportunities.

He will host an exciting meet and greet session, giving guests the chance to take a photo with their favorite Iron Chef and a dynamic cooking demonstration, followed by a personalized book signing of his latest cookbook. The special event of each cruise will be the opportunity to attend an intimate dining experience* where a limited number of guests will enjoy a specially-curated Ocean Blue tasting menu served by the Iron Chef himself.

Geoffrey Zakarian recently launched three brand new seafood-centric restaurants on Norwegian’s New York City-inspired ship, Norwegian Breakaway: Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian, an elegant seafood dining experience that focuses on premium ingredients and expert culinary techniques; The Raw Bar, an adjacent bar that highlights crustaceans, crudos, cocktails and wines by the glass; and Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, a more casual dining option that serves fun and easy fare.

All three of these unique venues utilize the freshest ingredients and finest techniques that Zakarian employs in his land-based restaurants, truly bringing the best of New York City dining experiences to sea on board Norwegian Breakaway. Showcasing his eye for details, Zakarian also orchestrated every element of the restaurant from menus, to uniforms, to glassware and utensils.

Zakarian's taste, style and passion for fine cuisine have defined his career, which has spanned more than 25 years. An accomplished chef who has presided over some of the country's top kitchens, he currently has two popular restaurants in New York City – The Lambs Club and The National; one in Atlantic City – The Water Club at Borgata; and a highly acclaimed cookbook “Geoffrey Zakarian’s Town/Country: 150 Recipes for Life Around the Table.” Zakarian emerged victorious in the recent fourth season of Food Network's The Next Iron Chef, Super Chefs. He appears regularly on Iron Chef America, demonstrating a razor-sharp knowledge of culinary techniques in this fast-paced cooking competition. When he's not battling in kitchen stadium, Zakarian stays busy filming CHOPPED, where he is featured as a recurring judge, and highlights his favorite dishes on The Best Thing I Ever Ate.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/9624-geoffrey-zakarian-to-host-dining-experiences-on-norwegian.html

.....very interetsing.

:)

wasiii

.....very interetsing.

:)

wasiii

yep...

I would probably pay the $50 upcharge if he was there presenting my food! But somehow I dont think its going to be $50 for what is being described!

I will be curious to hear from those who decide to do it, how the experience was.

yep...

I would probably pay the $50 upcharge if he was there presenting my food! But somehow I dont think its going to be $50 for what is being described!

I will be curious to hear from those who decide to do it, how the experience was.

.....but on cruises, I usually decide to try something I would not normally eat.

For a $50 surcharge though, I won't be trying anything in that restaurant.

:eek:

wasiii

.....but on cruises, I usually decide to try something I would not normally eat.

For a $50 surcharge though, I won't be trying anything in that restaurant.

:eek:

wasiii

i'll be on the breakaway in September and i assure you im not paying $50.lol but if the Iron Chef was on my sailing and he is bringing out eat dish and giving the description then I would pay for the 'experience'. Im a Zarkarian fan...but wont pay the $50 without him present! :p:D

Since Chef's Table is $75+, I can't imagine his meal is going to be any less? $50 would seem way to little. Guess we won't know until it's available to book?

I would pay $75 to have a seat at his chefs table.

Especially if it includes the signed book. The cookbook alone is $35

yep...

I'm actually booked to sail on December 1! I'm definitely interested in finding out more about it, too. If we attend I'll be sure to share the details!

I'm actually booked to sail on December 1! I'm definitely interested in finding out more about it, too. If we attend I'll be sure to share the details!

Thanks!...Zarkarian has been tweeting about it all week. I will look through some of his tweets and a few others to see if i can find out more about than what is written here.

My 40th birthday trip! HUGE fan! Sooooo excited, can't wait to find out about booking!!!

NICE! If he were on my sailing I would definitely spend the money for that and do it. I know its going to cost, but I love his dishes on Iron Chef! So it should be rather special. I hope you are able to do it! Truly a happy birthday to you!! :D

I'm guessing the price would probably be $100-$125 since chef table is $75. You are getting served by a celebrity chef so prices will be higher. I'm sure there will be a wine pairing to go along with it available. I wish I could be a judge on Iron chef....the food always looks so good and innovative! During this experience, you probably feel like one of those judges! Maybe I should switch my cruise to September or December! haha!

Might be a good chance to ask him to get in touch with the customer base on NCL. This is not Seabourn and the pricing he is dictating is crazy. Especially when you take into account what you get. Want salad and app pay extra.

The Chefs table at the current $89 is a bargain compared to Ocean Blue when you consider all the courses and the wine included. I did not have to go to the Buffet after to fill up. :D:D

I would pay $75 to have a seat at his chefs table.

Especially if it includes the signed book. The cookbook alone is $35

I am expecting the price to be high. Chef table was 89 and ocean blue is $49 on regular so I figure at least $100 or so per person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Archived