Cb r743

Margarita Jane

We are onboard the Caribbean Princess, and we are very disappointed in our stateroom. We picked R743 on purpose because the location is great for us - we are steps away rom the adults only pool and bar, and only a few more steps away from the Horizon Court. Unfortunately, we did not realize this stateroom is next to some type of mechanicals. It sounds like a jet engine next to our stateroom and outside on the balcony it is even worse. The headboard vibrates (no quarters required). I had researched this stateroom before we booked it and did not see any negatives. So I wanted anyone who is considering this stateroom to be aware. I realize the noise may not bother everyone, but it does bother us. For us the balcony is unusable. We spoke to passenger services, but unfortunately the ship is booked, so we cannot move elsewhere. We look forward to sitting out on our balcony when we cruise. It is a ritual for us and a time to relax. Not on this trip. Again, since I reseached this stateroom and did not find any mention of the problem, I didn't want someone else to book this stateroom without knowing in advance of the noise problem.

~ Jane

We are onboard the Caribbean Princess, and we are very disappointed in our stateroom. We picked R743 on purpose because the location is great for us - we are steps away rom the adults only pool and bar, and only a few more steps away from the Horizon Court. Unfortunately, we did not realize this stateroom is next to some type of mechanicals. It sounds like a jet engine next to our stateroom and outside on the balcony it is even worse. The headboard vibrates (no quarters required). I had researched this stateroom before we booked it and did not see any negatives. So I wanted anyone who is considering this stateroom to be aware. I realize the noise may not bother everyone, but it does bother us. For us the balcony is unusable. We spoke to passenger services, but unfortunately the ship is booked, so we cannot move elsewhere. We look forward to sitting out on our balcony when we cruise. It is a ritual for us and a time to relax. Not on this trip. Again, since I reseached this stateroom and did not find any mention of the problem, I didn't want someone else to book this stateroom without knowing in advance of the noise problem.

~ Jane

Speak with the hotel manager to at least get the problem documented.

After the cruise, write a nice note to Princess giving the facts and the names of whom you spoke to.

Explain how the noise affected your enjoyment of the cruise.

Archived