Pg Questions

ivopera

I am on the 20th of august on the PG

When the pg is in Bora Bora or Moorea, does it stay at one place or does it move along the island between the 2 days ?

Does anybody has some news about the new vigato concept aboard?

At Bora Bora the ship changes location overnight. On day 1 the PG is closer to the town and on day 2 it is closer to the beach. But you can take tenders to either location of each of the 2 days.

At Moorea the ship stays anchored in Cook's bay both days.

We were just on the 10 day (June 11) itinerary and I'm not sure what you mean by your question about the new vigato concept on board.

Hello Ivopera,

My husband and I are sailing August 20-27. Just getting started thinking about shore excursions, do you normally do the ships excursions or venture out on your own or with private guides? We done the private guide route most of the time. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Lets keep in touch…

My husband and I are taking our much belated honeymoon on the Aug. 20 sailing. Is it really necessary to pre book excursions in advance (i.e. do they fill up)? We were also wondering about the availability of private guides at some of the ports. Any insight is greatly appreciated! :)

-Katie

Radisson does a good job with their excursions. I recommend doing that. As for private guides, I have no information, although if you are interested in something specific, you could go to http://www.tahit-explorer.com and read the forums.

The private tours that you can get on land are by and large identifical to the ship's, although I am sure you can find others.

We did a Radisson excursion that was like having a private guide, it was the Coral Preservation trip, and it was great. Maximum six people.

As for booking online, I would pre-book if you can, especially if there is something that you really want to do. Then when you get on board you can change your mind--there's no obligation, as long as you cancel before the deadline stated in the daily sheets (Ia Orana).

Really?

I just tried it and it still does not work.

I can get to their home page but not the forums.

Think it is me?

Ok I tried something different and it works.

They must have changed something as my saved address would not work.

Archived