The future of Boston post 2014

Knobhdy

Hi all,

I know this is a bit unknowable, but I was wondering if anyone had the inside line, or even rumors as to what NCL is thinking for Boston post fall of 2014.

According to their future sailings, there are no offerings out of Boston after the Dawn leaves for New Orleans that November. I was hoping to catch the return trip so I've been watching their website. You can book other ships and other ports for April and May of 2015, but nothing going into or coming out of Boston.

I'm curious, as with all the new ships they are bringing online I would imagine there will be quite a bit of shuffle in the coming years. Just wanted to see if anyone had more info that I was able to glean from the website.

I read somewhere that starting in a few months the rule for clean fuel will be in effect and that it would probably mean that Boston would not be renewed as a port for the cruise industry. If I remember correctly, it would increase the price of the cruise by 150$ per person if they were to still cruise out of Boston.

There is one other port..I don't remember the city :o but it was down south.:( that would loose the cruise industry.

Boston is a seasonal port, NCL does not sail year round out of that port. It seems that NCL only has Boston sailings from May to November. The full schedules for 2015 has not been released yet and they may not be released until after spring 2014

Archived