19 Days till Cruise and I need help!!

mah45638

I've got only 19 days until we sail out of Mobile and I'm feeling overwhelmed!! I've read so many post about things to not forget that I'm confused. Can anyone give me a list or tips of what a first time family needs to know or pack. I will be packing for myself, husband, and two daughters (11 & 13). I can't trust the girls to pack for themselves, liable to have nothing but bathing suits for a week!! I've got our ids and certified birth certificates in order, that much I'm done with. Anyones help is greatly appreciated!!:confused:

Print out a copy of your cruise info from the web site. If you have bought shore ex through cruise line print this out too, put with ID.

There are several packing lists on line I always double check these

Meds, (including bandaids, ASA, Cold ect) if on prescribed meds enough to last an extra few days,

bathing suits (2 each), insurance,

docs, airline tickets, hotel booking numbers

ids,

formal night clothing x 2

mix and match rest of stuff

shoes,

hats,

suncreen,

extention bar,

highlighters, pens, post-it notes

Notifiy paper, mail

take care of pets (either a sitter or lodged)

ensure at least one neighbour knows where you are going to be.

Relax and enjoy.

when you board check your table assignment and get the kids registered in the club. Sit back and relax.

Pick up a cheap over the door shoe holder. This is a must. holds all haribrushes, sunscreen, bandaids, scrunchies and everything else you will need and you won't have any clutter. Be sure to have the girls bring hats with a brim to protect them from the sun. I also brought a couple of clothes pins to hang up the bathing suits to dry. Another is a mesh bag for dirtly laundry to keep it together for easy packing and unpacking at home. Some bottled water and coolers to hold them for shore days, these are very pricey if you buy them from the ship. For clothes, I would pack extra shirts or blouses just in case of spills. I also packed all our clothes on coat hangers. This was the best thing for a quick unpacking. All I had to do was lift all the hangers out of our cases and put them in the closet, a real time saver. Most importantly relax and enjoy.

Don't go nuts with shoes...you really do not need one pair for every outfit.

1 pair neutral color casual sandals

1 pair sneakers/walking shoes

1 pair water shoes (or flip flops depending on what you will be doing)

1 pair evening shoes.

Mix and match as much as possible.

Camera/film or memory card things/batteries so you don't have to buy them on the ship (although I did and the batteries were only about 60 cents more than on shore..go figure)

We gave our cabin attendant a phone calling card and an advance on her gratuity. Got great service, spotless cabin, always done early AM....and she was fantastic........can't hurt!

An open mind! Very important. Don't expect disaster, don't expect perfection. you are on vacation.. .... how bad can it be. the alternative is work!

Cash (in small bills for tips to porters, etc.)

have a great trip.

Don't forget a travel alarm clock. There may not be one in the room except the clock on the phone. A small nightligt is also good if you have an inside cabin. I also take individually wrapped wet ones and purell. With kids the over the door shoe holder was wonderful for CD players, gameboys and such as well as the above list. Also the power strip is very handy for recharging. Have a great cruise!!

Sorry, just remembered a couple of other things. Have the kids use their backpacks as carryons. They can then take them on excursions with towels, sunscrees, bottled water etc. Also a lanyard is a MUST. The front desk will punch a hole in the keys/cards and the kids can wear them everywhere. If you are worried about the kids charging, you can also get just keys (no charging capabilities) at the front desk on the first day. We did this with my 8 year old last year and it was wonderful. No worries about him charging anything. We also did the soda card. It was well worth it for our kids.

Archived