City tour Barcalona where does it depart?

maxwebr

Hi.. we are booked on the Equinox Venice overnight and I had booked the Barcalona City tour after I had arranged for airport pickup. Being that the tour starts at like 10:30am, our flight gets in at 7:45am. Do they transfer you to the pier first, then embark on the city tour?

I'm not entirely sure I understand your questions, but if you are arriving Barcelona at 7:45 and doing a pre-cruise City Tour that morning prior to boarding the ship, you'll wait at the airport and leave for the tour from there, as I remember. The tour ends at the pier, where you will check in for your cruise.

Hi.. we are booked on the Equinox Venice overnight and I had booked the Barcalona City tour after I had arranged for airport pickup. Being that the tour starts at like 10:30am, our flight gets in at 7:45am. Do they transfer you to the pier first, then embark on the city tour?

Check with Barcelona Day Tours, I'll bet yoiu can beat X's price.

Last year we arranged for Celebrity to do an airport pickup for us. When you get through Customs you'll see signs that let you know where to go and who to check in with. You'll be waiting a while for other people's flights to get in. When everyone has arrived you will be herded onto the bus. You'll probably go directly on your tour, not to the ship, since boarding doesn't even start until 11 am at the earliest. I'd say bring reading material to keep yourself amused at the airport, or park yourself in one of the restaurants and have a bite to eat before you go on your city tour. Enjoy your cruise--it's a fantastic itinerary. You'll have a wonderful time!

Cruisestitch is right.

We just came back from Barcelona.

When we landed in BCN, there were signs after clearing customs pointing passengers of various ships in the right direction.

Our table mates did a pre-cruise tour and they met fellow participants at the airport. The tour left straight from the airport and ended at the pier (and then they jumped the check-in lines, I believe).

POST cruise tours work the other way round. Pick up from the ship, tour, drop off at the airport.

Speaking of post cruise: Celebrity charges $32 per person for a transfer port to airport.

A taxi costs € 30 to 35 in total. The taxi line looks quite long, but the will be plenty of taxis and the port authority has everything under great control and the lines move swiftly.

A taxi can take up to 4 passengers, but if you have a lot of luggage 4 people may not fit.

The taxi dispatchers do an excellent job matching up people + luggage with bigger or smaller taxis.

:)

Archived