Most useful item I packed aboard the quest.....

lahlah57

........the door hanging shoe pocket!

There was very little room on counters for toiletries so this item which we could hang from the hooks on the inside of the bathroom door was perfect. Even my husband mentioned how useful it was!

I purchased 2 small ones that hung from a short rope from the 99 cent store with clear pockets and daily used items could be gotten to easily.

Who ever gave me this idea on this site.....Thanks!!;)

That's a great tip to pass on, thanks. I use one on every cruise for my jewelry and put it in the closet so I can easily coordinate earrings and whatnot to my outfit. Now I think I'll get an extra one for the bathroom too!

........the door hanging shoe pocket!

There was very little room on counters for toiletries so this item which we could hang from the hooks on the inside of the bathroom door was perfect. Even my husband mentioned how useful it was!

I purchased 2 small ones that hung from a short rope from the 99 cent store with clear pockets and daily used items could be gotten to easily.

Who ever gave me this idea on this site.....Thanks!!;)

I can't get on a ship without my over the door shoe bag. I have told all my cruising friends about this "must pack" useful and light weight necessity for cruising.

Marion

In Australia we call them 'power boards' but I think elsewhere they're known as power strips, plus the appropriate adaptor.

Very useful for recharging all those elctronic gizmos we now need!

Cheers,

Sue

In Australia we call them 'power boards' but I think elsewhere they're known as power strips, plus the appropriate adaptor.

Very useful for recharging all those elctronic gizmos we now need!

Cheers,

Sue

Definitely the power strip...so so many gizmos.

But my other life saver has proven to be a $1.99 plastic box made for bead sorting from micheals. It is about 8by 10 inches and 1 1/2 inch deep with 17 compartments. I have just packed it for our trip (we leave Monday!) with...9 necklaces, 10 prs. Earrings, mini flashlight, eyeglass repair kit, earplugs,band aids, ginger tea, asst. OTC meds, safety pins. Actually other than my jewelry it always stays ready for the next trip. Nothing tangles, it's easy to see what I have. I love it!

Not Azamara specific but two things

1. Post it notes - so many uses, leaving myself reminders, leaving a note for the room team if I do not see them

2. A small pack of thank you cards - I need them all, even if it is just a small additional sum in them I always find 6-8 folks that reserve them, we can get little packs of cards about 10 cm x 10 cm that take up no space and are ideal. On our last trip we also added in a pack of mini blank cards which either can be used as back up thank you cards (sent one to a trip organiser from the roll call) or birthday/anniversary cards

Not Azamara specific but two things

1. Post it notes - so many uses, leaving myself reminders, leaving a note for the room team if I do not see them

2. A small pack of thank you cards - I need them all, even if it is just a small additional sum in them I always find 6-8 folks that reserve them, we can get little packs of cards about 10 cm x 10 cm that take up no space and are ideal. On our last trip we also added in a pack of mini blank cards which either can be used as back up thank you cards (sent one to a trip organiser from the roll call) or birthday/anniversary cards

Thank you...adding both to our bags right now!

Highlighter, small envelopes, Ziploc baggies, tape & small stapler... and yes, never forget post it notes (live with them). Two small flashlights & I have a pen with a light on the top (for those dim restaurants) - dollar store item. Small size colored copies of passports to carry in our wallets - we each carry both of ours.

We have an extra jewelery case now for our electric cords & chargers for devices (rolls & ties). This is so much better than the zip baggie we were using... the small compartment fits ear plugs & our adapter for Italy - chargers for iPad, iPod, Kindle & phones are in the larger areas. I also have room for mints, etc. for on the plane. It's a bright color & different color than my jewelry case -- however, if TSA wants a peek -- they can just open the case & everything is just zipped nicely.

My 'must bring' is a small roll of Duct Tape -- from the Dollar Store -- on any cruise. Broken zipper on a suitcase, fixed. Really bad weather and the ship is rocking, tape the bathroom shelves or the cabinet door closed to keep your 'stuff' on the shelf from falling out. This REALLY helped crossing the Drake Passage coming back from Antarctica several years ago! Hem ripped, use duct tape on the inside. Works for lots and lots of things I can't think of right now!

Another that has been mentioned is magnets since some of the walls in the cabin are metal, the magnets can be used for the reminders you get of the **Meet and Greet** and other items you don't want to lose or forget about.

Oh, a NIGHT LIGHT for the bathroom. Nothing worse than your cabin-mate having to use the bathroom during the night and turning the light on and waking you (and them) up with all that light!

My 'must bring' is a small roll of Duct Tape -- from the Dollar Store -- on any cruise.

On any trip, period. My husband loved his old hiking boots, and took them over my protests. He fixed them with duct tape when they fell apart on a trail.

I was *finally* able to get him to buy new ones at that point!

On any trip, period. My husband loved his old hiking boots, and took them over my protests. He fixed them with duct tape when they fell apart on a trail.

I was *finally* able to get him to buy new ones at that point!

Great to know

Now I know where I can borrow duct tape on our Adriatic cruise. LOL

You can roll some duct tape around a pencil if you do not have room for a whole roll.

If you are taking a nightlight, it cannot have polarized plugs - one prong a tiny bit wider than the other. File down the wider prong and you are good to go. I found the nightlight in the bathroom with the door left ajar gave just enough light for those nocturnal visits.

I always bring a pop up hamper. Small enuf to fit in outside pocket of suitcase and dirty laundry dumped from it back to suitcase on departure and hamper left behind. Keeps the stateroom much tidier! Definitely worth the $5 investment each cruise. What does everyone else do with the dirty clothes during the cruise?

-----------------------

Helen

I always bring a pop up hamper. Small enuf to fit in outside pocket of suitcase and dirty laundry dumped from it back to suitcase on departure and hamper left behind. Keeps the stateroom much tidier! Definitely worth the $5 investment each cruise. What does everyone else do with the dirty clothes during the cruise?

-----------------------

Helen

Folded or in a bag on the floor of the closet. Some goes back on a hangar if it can be worn again. Also back in the suitcase under the bed. Hamper's also a good idea.

-----------------------

Helen

I put clothes to wash in the bottom of the wardrobe in the paper laundry sack provided. It is then ready to go to the laundry when the sack is full. Wonderful system and a full load is inexpensive.

Archived