Best family tour in Belize w/8 year old

Kermit426

Will be in Belize in January. Our son swims fairly well and will be almost 8 then. Trying to decide if there is an excursion worth going to in Belize, or if we shoud enjoy the time on board w/less passengers. Going snorkeling, stingray city, and Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman, and snorkeling in Cozumel.

Will be in Belize in January. Our son swims fairly well and will be almost 8 then. Trying to decide if there is an excursion worth going to in Belize, or if we shoud enjoy the time on board w/less passengers. Going snorkeling, stingray city, and Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman, and snorkeling in Cozumel.

I can't speak from experience, as we have not been here yet. But, I will be on Liberty of the Seas on February with three kids, and we are going to try out Goff's Cay. From the research I have done it has a beach, and snorkeling that can be done off from a boat or off from the beach area. I read many positive reviews, so we are going to give it a try. I booked it already, it was very reasonable, $40.00 each. I didn't book it with the cruise, I booked it directly with the company. I can't remember the name, but would be happy to supply that to you if it is of interest. I have the confirmation on my email. Happy planning!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are going Thanksgiving weekend. Can we book a cave tour as we walk off of the ship or should we book ahead. We are hesitant to pre-book and pre-pay excursions in case of weather, etc. We really do not want to book through the ship and be in a large crowd. Please advise.

Hi,

We are going Thanksgiving weekend. Can we book a cave tour as we walk off of the ship or should we book ahead. We are hesitant to pre-book and pre-pay excursions in case of weather, etc. We really do not want to book through the ship and be in a large crowd. Please advise.

You book ahead with them, but no worries, you don't pay anything or a deposit (at least with .bz). So if the weather is bad, you haven't lost out on anything. :)

It's a fascinating encounter with an exotic bunch of animals you don't see at home--or in other zoos. The stork alone is worth the modest admission! Wow. If your 8 year old likes animals, the zoo is just the ticket. And a river ride would be great, too. crocs in the water and monkeys in the trees! wowee.

Another vote for cave tubing. I booked with cavetubing dot com, great company. No deposit required.

Another vote for cave tubing. It's definitely something that is unique and unique to Belize. We have done it twice with our DD (when she was 3 and again a few months ago, now 5). She loved it both times. :)

We went cave tubing with my 8 and 10 year, using cave-tubing.com with Butts Up. They had a great time. If you do ATV also, you do that first then the tubing where you can really get cleaned up. We did not do it but I was told it was fun. When you just do cave tubing, the excursion is longer.

We did both, Goffs's Island and cave tubing and I would agree in this situation, tubing is a favorite (especially when port is busy as that excursion can get really...really crowded, you have people from the ship and from local operators go to the same place). The cave tubing was fun and the river ride was not crowded at all, in fact we had all the caves to ourselves (there were other groups we saw but never bumped into them)! :)

We did both, Goffs's Island and cave tubing and I would agree in this situation, tubing is a favorite (especially when port is busy as that excursion can get really...really crowded, you have people from the ship and from local operators go to the same place). The cave tubing was fun and the river ride was not crowded at all, in fact we had all the caves to ourselves (there were other groups we saw but never bumped into them)! :)

We have went on the "off" season and basically had the place to ourselves, but our last time (this past May) there were several ships in port and since cavetubing is the "in" thing to do in Belize, the place was packed. It was packed with tons of people from all of the various private excursions (.com, viv, .bz) AND with tons of people from the cruise ship excursions. So it can still get very crowded with plenty of ships in port during any given day. (There was more than just "bumping" in to them, there were lines that day just to get into the river). :( BUT, it was still an awesome experience and I would still highly recommend it for anyone that hasn't been before.

Archived