Why Only Suites Complaine

GOLDENBONNY

Probably because of their preconceived self status mentality.

They expect everyone to give them special attention because they are so worthy of it.

Those in lesser cabins are not status seekers and have a healthy mental image of themselves.

Let the flames begin.

But remember that in doing so you are only confirming my above stated views. Now you all are in a catch 22 situation.

Probably because of their preconceived self status mentality.

They expect everyone to give them special attention because they are so worthy of it.

Those in lesser cabins are not status seekers and have a healthy mental image of themselves.

Let the flames begin.

But remember that in doing so you are only confirming my above stated views. Now you all are in a catch 22 situation.

:p SORRY I AM NOT LOOKING FOR THE FLAME)))))NOT AT ALL:D JUST IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ATTANTION JUST BOOK CUNARD CRUISE OR SOME OF THIS SPECIAL CRUISE LINES.JUST DONT SAY HOW BAD WAS YOUR CRUISE ONLY BECAUSE SOME POORE BUTLER DIDN'T SHAKE YOUR DRINK WRIGHT))):D

Well, I don't know about that...

We had a Suite on our last cruise, but also sailed on an inside cabin when we started cruising. Never complained in either category...

Sometimes it's just the personality itself. If you are simply going on a cruise to find something to complain about, you sure will find it, no matter what category of cabin you are booked in.

That's the kind of people, no matter where they travel, no matter what hotel they book in, and no matter what restaurant they dine at, find something to complain and then asking for a price reduction or simply must have a big show off.

For those people I rather recommend to stay put at home and find something else to do and leave the cruising to the happy people, looking for a fun and relaxing vacation, away from the daily stress and whiners.

Put on a happy face and relax! Some people getting worked up about stuff, it's not even worth it, but they can't seem to understand that they are actually on vacation...

If something goes wrong, well, so be it... relax, smile about it and get over it! That's my attitude, no matter where I travel or cruise.

Andy :-)

Quote: Sometimes it's just the personality itself. If you are simply going on a cruise to find something to complain about, you sure will find it, no matter what category of cabin you are booked in.

That's the kind of people, no matter where they travel, no matter what hotel they book in, and no matter what restaurant they dine at, find something to complain and then asking for a price reduction or simply must have a big show off.

Do you really think people pay all this money for a vacation just so they can complain. You keep saying this( It's in 3 of your posts), do you know someone who is like this. I .have never met anyone who pays all this money to complain.

Quote:

Do you really think people pay all this money for a vacation just so they can complain. You keep saying this( It's in 3 of your posts), do you know someone who is like this.

I do, I do, I do!

ILov2Cruise:

Believe it or not... YES, unfortunately I know some of those people myself, personally. They were in our group on our first Costa cruise, and you would not believe what they found and about what else they complained.

(And they did not have a suite, but still paid their price for the cruise!)

;-) Andy

Quote: Sometimes it's just the personality itself. If you are simply going on a cruise to find something to complain about, you sure will find it, no matter what category of cabin you are booked in.

Do you really think people pay all this money for a vacation just so they can complain. You keep saying this( It's in 3 of your posts), do you know someone who is like this. I .have never met anyone who pays all this money to complain.

YES! I WAS READING CRYSTAL CRUSIE POSTS AND GUESS WHAT?PEOPLE COMPLAINE THAT $20 FOR SPECIAL DINNER ITS TOO MUCH!!!!YES ONE TIME I ASKED FOR SODA DURING DINNER THEY FORGOT TO BRING IT,IS THIS MEAN I SOULD'N TAKE COSTA AGAINE?I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO BE REAL NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SPEND:p

I have never read anything on this board which would make me think people in suites complain more than others.

Crystal Cruises DOES not charge anything x-tra for their Specialty Restaurants.

THAT WHAT ITS SAYS ON POST(SEE CRYSTAL CRUISE POSTS)MAYBE ITS A NEW THING:confused:

I always book a suite, can't say I never complain but I do sort out any problems if there are any at the time of the cruise, not later on a board.

I've done my turn with inside cabins. Now we take one long special vacation a year, but Husband works hard all year, I cook, clean and look after my kids 24/7 and when I go away I want to feel good and having a suite with the extra space and perks makes me feel good, makes me feel all the hard work we put in was worth it. We have 2 small boys and the extra space and larger balcony allows us all to have space and relax a little. If the boys go to bed early we can still relax on the balcony and have a drink.

The priority embarkation means I don't have to stand in line with 200 or more people with a 4 and 6 year old. The butler is great with the children getting extra blankets and pillows for them to take to the kids club for babysitting. The fresh fruit is great for the boys when they get up early and we fancy a lazing a bit. They bring drinks to your cabin every morning and breakfast if you want it. The extra space means we get our bed and the boys get bunks and plus we have 2 sinks a bath and shower which allows us to all get ready in a hurry for dinner.

Do I think I am better than the people in the inside cabins - absolutely not. Do I complain more than they do - absolutely not.

I would quite happily take a cruise in an inside cabin if it was just myself and my husband but with the children - absolutely not.

I actually had to mull this thread over for a few days before replying:

First and foremost is the initial poster who started this thread. Why did she start it? Does GOLDENBONNY really feel ONLY those in suites complain? Does the fact that someone in a suite has paid 2x, 3x, 4x what others have paid entitle ONLY them to complain? Doesn't EVERYONE have a right to complain and express their opinion if services paid for are not received? Does GOLDENBONNY feel that since they were NOT in a suite, they have no right to complain? Trying to figure this line of thinking out is not even worth the effort!

Then there is the reply from Comeaux, feeding right into this nasty stereotypical perception of those who book suites, and I quote; "Probably because of their preconceived self status mentality. They expect everyone to give them special attention because they are so worthy of it. Those in lesser cabins are not status seekers and have a healthy mental image of themselves."

Are you kidding?? When did you find the time to psychoanalyze everyone? Shame on you!!

And another from Cruise4Andy in one post; "Sometimes it's just the personality itself...

That's the kind of people, no matter where they travel, no matter what hotel they book in, and no matter what hotel they dine at, find something to complain and then asking for a price reduction or simply must have a big show off. For those people...."

And in another of his posts; "They were in our group on our first Costa cruise, and you would not beleive what they found and about what else they complained. (And they did not have a suite, but still paid their price for the cruise!)"

Guess you have proof that contradicts GOLDENBONNY's original claim: however, still horribly sterotypical and negative in nature.

Then there's the post by jeb9860. Thank you for taking the high road, the one less travelled on this post, and explaining why you appreciate all the benefits of booking a suite (ie: space and perks). Would you complain if those perks promised were not delivered? I would think so, and who says you wouldn't be justified?

Perhaps instead of focusing on the PEOPLE who complain, we should focus on WHAT they are complaining about. Is it an opinion? (we ALL have those). Or is it a fact? (SOME of us express those). It's a very thin line.....

Perhaps some of you need to look inward and find the reasons for your predjudice towards those who book suites?

Perhaps we need to hold cruise lines more accountable for services promised in their glorious brochures and on their websites, and then not delivered. We ALL have the right to complain about that!

Maybe then we can focus on informational and helpful topics on these boards, and leave the mud-slinging to the tabloids.

I actually had to mull this thread over for a few days before replying:

First and foremost is the initial poster who started this thread. Why did she start it? Does GOLDENBONNY really feel ONLY those in suites complain? Does the fact that someone in a suite has paid 2x, 3x, 4x what others have paid entitle ONLY them to complain? Doesn't EVERYONE have a right to complain and express their opinion if services paid for are not received? Does GOLDENBONNY feel that since they were NOT in a suite, they have no right to complain? Trying to figure this line of thinking out is not even worth the effort!

Then there is the reply from Comeaux, feeding right into this nasty stereotypical perception of those who book suites, and I quote; "Probably because of their preconceived self status mentality. They expect everyone to give them special attention because they are so worthy of it. Those in lesser cabins are not status seekers and have a healthy mental image of themselves."

Are you kidding?? When did you find the time to psychoanalyze everyone? Shame on you!!

And another from Cruise4Andy in one post; "Sometimes it's just the personality itself...

That's the kind of people, no matter where they travel, no matter what hotel they book in, and no matter what hotel they dine at, find something to complain and then asking for a price reduction or simply must have a big show off. For those people...."

And in another of his posts; "They were in our group on our first Costa cruise, and you would not beleive what they found and about what else they complained. (And they did not have a suite, but still paid their price for the cruise!)"

Guess you have proof that contradicts GOLDENBONNY's original claim: however, still horribly sterotypical and negative in nature.

Then there's the post by jeb9860. Thank you for taking the high road, the one less travelled on this post, and explaining why you appreciate all the benefits of booking a suite (ie: space and perks). Would you complain if those perks promised were not delivered? I would think so, and who says you wouldn't be justified?

Perhaps instead of focusing on the PEOPLE who complain, we should focus on WHAT they are complaining about. Is it an opinion? (we ALL have those). Or is it a fact? (SOME of us express those). It's a very thin line.....

Perhaps some of you need to look inward and find the reasons for your predjudice towards those who book suites?

Perhaps we need to hold cruise lines more accountable for services promised in their glorious brochures and on their websites, and then not delivered. We ALL have the right to complain about that!

Maybe then we can focus on informational and helpful topics on these boards, and leave the mud-slinging to the tabloids.

SORRY YOU DIDN'T GET MY POINT OF VIEW WRIGHT, AND TOOK IT TOO MUCH PERSONAL))MOST OF COMPLAINS POSTS I SAW WERE START FROM :WE BOOK ##### SUITE.(BY THE WAY WHO SAD I NEVER HAD A SUITE?):confused: WHAT I JUST TRYING TO SAY:IF YOU FILL LIKE VIP PERSON(OR YOU ARE)SO PLESE BOOK VIP CRUISE,BUT IF YOU GO ON REGULAR CRUISE PLEASE BE REASONABLE AFTER ALL YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

WE ARE NOT predjudice towards those who book suites,WE ARE PREDJUDICE TOWARDS THOSE WHO NEVER HAPPY:eek:

GOLDENBONNY.

I didn't take your remarks personnally. I fact, just the opposite. If your remarks were intended other than posted, then that was your mistake, not mine!

I do feel if you book a suite, with the price tag of many times the the cost of other rooms on a ship, AND are PROMISED certain amenities and services not afforded to lesser priced rooms, AND those serices and amenities are not provided, then you certainly have the right to complain!

It's hard to complain "...about the butler stirring your drink wrong..." when you don't have a butler, isn't it??

Just sounds like YOU are complaining about others complaining. What's important to some is not to others, and vice versa.... Are not able to open up and see the other persons point of view?

Golly, you missed the whole point of my response about holding the cruise lines accountable for what they promise...

Personal attacks are what you began this thread with.... Shame on you!!

GOLDENBONNY.

I didn't take your remarks personnally. I fact, just the opposite. If your remarks were intended other than posted, then that was your mistake, not mine!

I do feel if you book a suite, with the price tag of many times the the cost of other rooms on a ship, AND are PROMISED certain amenities and services not afforded to lesser priced rooms, AND those serices and amenities are not provided, then you certainly have the right to complain!

It's hard to complain "...about the butler stirring your drink wrong..." when you don't have a butler, isn't it??

Just sounds like YOU are complaining about others complaining. What's important to some is not to others, and vice versa.... Are not able to open up and see the other persons point of view?

Golly, you missed the whole point of my response about holding the cruise lines accountable for what they promise...

Personal attacks are what you began this thread with.... Shame on you!!

WOW! TAKE IT EASY MAN! DONT WORRY I WILL CHANGE MY POST TO WHY ONLY SUITS COMPLAIN AND DONT HAVE ANY SENCE OF HUMOR:eek:

SHAME ON ME?WELL I GO AND KILL MYSELF NOW:D

about the butler stirring your drink wrong SORRY I REALLY DIDNT HAD A BUTLER:o IN MY SUITE ,PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I WILL TRY ON MY NEXT CRUISE.(HOPE HE KNOWS HIS JOB GOOD)))))):p

Does a suit have a sense of humor? :)

Let us see:

Silogism:

I have sense of humor

I am not a suit

Conclusion: A suit dont have sense of humor. ;)

You are so right,GOLDENBONNY! :D ( just kidding,just kidding, no hard feelings please)

Archived