TAs can't book military rates?

BigRed93

If they have an international business license, that is? Can anyone in the know explain this to me, because Carnival can't seem to and the TA says the computer systems they are on doesn't give the option for military rates - so while she tried to send my screen print in for the current offer to early save price match to, they denied it because its not applicable to her bookings.:confused:

This TA has worked very hard for me, I do not think she is giving me the run around, but I don't understand.

I was very happy managing my own bookings. I think I need to go back to that. :(

If they have an international business license, that is? Can anyone in the know explain this to me, because Carnival can't seem to and the TA says the computer systems they are on doesn't give the option for military rates - so while she tried to send my screen print in for the current offer to early save price match to, they denied it because its not applicable to her bookings.:confused:

This TA has worked very hard for me, I do not think she is giving me the run around, but I don't understand.

I was very happy managing my own bookings. I think I need to go back to that. :(

Our's did! Have your TA call them!

My TA booked me under military rate for our upcoming cruise in two weeks???

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This particular TA, I believe splits her time between the SE US/FL and the Bahamas, and I think she may have some kind of international license.

Because of that international license and the access Carnival gives them, she cannot book the military rates, so was unable to process my early saver price match request. I was not trying to change my rate, but I am eligible for military and the rates dropped, so I wanted to match.

Since she couldn't see the military rate, I sent her a screen print (from Carnival's website) which she forwarded to them, and apparently unless I cancel that booking and book directly with carnival, I can't get it?

This is bizarre to me, because while some agents wouldn't have us military business if they were in fact overseas, it does punish the client. Every other rate/price match she has processed for me - this is the only one that cannot be processed.:confused:

Let me add the others were for past guest, etc - not military

I haven't had an issue booking military rates, except when it's no longer available for a specific sailing. For my cruise the end of next month, it became unavailable on yesterday, but as I previously have noticed, it may come back later in the next few weeks, or not at all.

When I booked via a TA she always booked us under the military rate. I never had any issues. You might want to speak with your TA and ask what is really going on because they can and are allowed to book under the military rate. Sorry your having trouble and I hope everything works out:-)

I never had any problems with military prior to this either, but this has something to do with her "International Agent" status. Perhaps they have a different version of goccl access?

I'm on early saver, so I can't rebook at this point, and I am tied in with a group, which I don't want to mess up.

I know there are people overseas who choose to book with a US based agent for other purposes, and maybe it is a similar situation. Not military, but what they can and cannot do.

I just don't understand why they can book and see everything but military. And it's not that she doesn't want to do it, she would (and has) process rate drops for $5 if I asked.

Archived