7/21 Glory cruise.

davy jones

18. The assistant cruise director SEAN is soooooo annoying. He should be a actor in the play Kinky Boots....

The identical introduction to each adult comedy show does get repetitive.

He had the same role at the comedy club on my 2011 cruise on the Miracle. The introduction pretty much the same then.

The identical introduction to each adult comedy show does get repetitive.

He had the same role at the comedy club on my 2011 cruise on the Miracle. The introduction pretty much the same then.

Even George Lopez's intros were different. Maybe he should have taken a clue from him.

PLUS, why embarrass people who walked in a couple of minutes late, with the constant 'LATE--LATE-- LATE. It does grow old very fast.

Cheers

Len

Final comments -

In many ways, a cruise is what you make it. Just like in life, plans sometimes go awry and you have to roll with the punches. Some things that us or Carnival could not control did not prevent us from having a very good time.

This was our first CCL cruise on a 2.0 ship. We had a pretty good idea of what to expect because of the good people on these boards who share information, opinion, and ideas. In the end, you have to judge for yourself. Like many here, the 2.0 changes are a mixed bag.

The Glory is generally a good ship with a good crew and a few flaws. The biggest flaw is the quirky layout of the inside public decks. The class of ships was designed that way, so it's not going to change. It's annoying, but if you don't let it get to you, you will have a good time.

The crew is good, the food is very good, and the ship is well maintained. While the production shows and theater entertainment has become substandard, there is enough left to have a good time. Skipping the theater allowed us to discover the piano bar, something that generally bypassed on previous cruises.

I still prefer the Spirit class ships, but I would sail the Glory again for the right itinerary and price. That said, the 2.0 entertainment changes will make us look more closely at other lines when considering future cruises or recommending Carnival to others.

I still have the Daily sheets, without the little tear off things. I don't know if I can get them scanned and I don't know how to post them. I find that most of the daily sheet is promotions to sell stuff or services. The little tear off thing with the schedule is most important to me. If you have questions about them, I will gladly answer them, or any other questions about the cruise.

I hope you found this useful.

Thank you for the review. I am sorry for your car troubles, that stinks! Loved the fun you had with the misc thoughts. :)

Your mention of the chilly weather has me thinking...are there complementary hot beverages other than coffee available throughout the cruise? I have only cruised warm itineraries before so i hadnt take notice. If there at least hot water so that if we bring our own tea and hot chocolate we will be able to use them?

Also I would like to bring some wine on board. I know you are allowed one 750 mL bottle pp as a carry on. But since I will be bringing on a few sodas I would like to save the weight of the glass bottle and bring a small box. I have noticed a few brands at 500 mL. Does anyone think one 500 mL box, rather than a bottle at 750 mL, will present a problem at embarkation? I am embarking at the NYC port if that matters.

April, I was on the splendor out of NYC to the Caribbean in may and they had tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Also, we brought wine and soda in each of our carry ons and we were never asked to take them out of our bags. Everyone else we spoke to on that cruise had the same experience

April, I was on the splendor out of NYC to the Caribbean in may and they had tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Also, we brought wine and soda in each of our carry ons and we were never asked to take them out of our bags. Everyone else we spoke to on that cruise had the same experience

Thanks! :)

Thank you for the review. I am sorry for your car troubles, that stinks! Loved the fun you had with the misc thoughts. :)

Your mention of the chilly weather has me thinking...are there complementary hot beverages other than coffee available throughout the cruise? I have only cruised warm itineraries before so i hadnt take notice. If there at least hot water so that if we bring our own tea and hot chocolate we will be able to use them?

Also I would like to bring some wine on board. I know you are allowed one 750 mL bottle pp as a carry on. But since I will be bringing on a few sodas I would like to save the weight of the glass bottle and bring a small box. I have noticed a few brands at 500 mL. Does anyone think one 500 mL box, rather than a bottle at 750 mL, will present a problem at embarkation? I am embarking at the NYC port if that matters.

You're only allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per adult in your carry-on, no more. And they have tea, hot chocolate and coffee, and they let you bring lots of soda, don't worry about that an have a nice cruise!

All stations on Lido had hot water and ample selection of tea bags. Several, but not all had a hot chocolate dispenser.

Cheers

Len

Thanks!

You're only allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per adult in your carry-on, no more. And they have tea, hot chocolate and coffee, and they let you bring lots of soda, don't worry about that an have a nice cruise!

Thanks! I know it is one bottle per person. My question is about the definition of 'bottle'. I plan on bringing a small box. I want to know if that will present a problem or not. I know to keep it at 750 mL or less. I just dont want to carry on the extra weight of the bottle, especially since I will be carrying sodas as well. I know in spirit it shouldnt be an issue, it's just that some things dont go as they should. That's why I am wondered if anyone has been hassled for doing this.

DW doesn't do anything without tea. No tea = no cruise. Many types of tea are available in the lido and MDR.

I don't see why a box would be a problem. Put it in your carry on and they might not even ask you to open the bag. We had a 12 pack of soda in a carry on and were never asked to open the bag. They did open the small cooler and shake the three bottles of water.

Thanks!

Thanks! I know it is one bottle per person. My question is about the definition of 'bottle'. I plan on bringing a small box. I want to know if that will present a problem or not. I know to keep it at 750 mL or less. I just dont want to carry on the extra weight of the bottle, especially since I will be carrying sodas as well. I know in spirit it shouldnt be an issue, it's just that some things dont go as they should. That's why I am wondered if anyone has been hassled for doing this.

If you want to cut weight, you can carry on a small amount of soda at embarkation and restock in port.

DW doesn't do anything without tea. No tea = no cruise. Many types of tea are available in the lido and MDR.

I don't see why a box would be a problem. Put it in your carry on and they might not even ask you to open the bag. We had a 12 pack of soda in a carry on and were never asked to open the bag. They did open the small cooler and shake the three bottles of water.

If you want to cut weight, you can carry on a small amount of soda at embarkation and restock in port.

Thanks, it's good to know they didnt open the bag. Like I said, it should be a problem since I would be obeying the spirit of the rule, life just doesnt always translate to the should.

I only plan on bringing a few sodas 4 or 6. I am not a big soda drinker but do want the option if the mood strikes me. A small wine should be enough for me for 5 days as well. I drink water most of the time, just want some options. :)

Great review and thanks for the insights. I love that you mention the things you didn't like without making them the end of the world! Been very helpful

Thanks. I try to be balanced so people can judge for themselves. There were far more positives than negatives. Besides, Drama = Stress and Stress = No Fun. For the most part, you have to go with the flow and adjust when necessary. We still had a good time and it was a good value.

Davy Jones, Thanks for the review-I enjoyed it.

April, why risk your box of wine being taken from your carry-on? If the Carnival website states 1 bottle-then bring one bottle. In the past I've had my backpack opened by security and my bottle of wine carefully checked. Don't set yourself up for disappointment before you're even on the ship.

Archived