Message for Crusing Linda, RE: Camera

Reckon I'm a nosey parker! I start on the lowest one I haven't read and read them all by clicking next thread, then read first unread post. Whatever the subject is, there are very few posts that keep to topic all the way through, and often you can find something interesting or have a laugh!

Sorry if it offends anybody doing this.

Joe, I take it this one doesn't have a viewfinder?

I would be very tempted if it did.

I like my canon ixus for that reason but it is getting on now. I may compromise on that if this camera is a newer/better model than yours because I have been impressed with the quality of your pics.

Edit PS, Jim, I am nosey :D

Nowt wrong with being nosey..... it's how you find things out;)

Nell, these newer powershots don't have viewfinders.

I always said I would need a viewfinder especially when it's bright as the older camera's LCD screens used to be hard work then. My last 2 canon's have had viewfinders and to be honest I don't miss it as the screen on this new one is really bright and has never caused me any issues.

That's a good camera Weecountyman, but it's quite large, these powershots will fit in your pocket.

Thanks Joe :) just ordered it :)

Been out all day at daughter's, doing her garden and shopping :rolleyes:

My present camera does have a viewfinder, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. TBH, I don't find it is an entirely accurate view of what actually comes out on the photo :rolleyes:

I take it I can use my present memory card :confused:

What did you say about getting spare batteries Joe? Terrible memory :o

Nowt wrong with being nosey..... it's how you find things out;)

Nell, these newer powershots don't have viewfinders.

I always said I would need a viewfinder especially when it's bright as the older camera's LCD screens used to be hard work then. My last 2 canon's have had viewfinders and to be honest I don't miss it as the screen on this new one is really bright and has never caused me any issues.

That's a good camera Weecountyman, but it's quite large, these powershots will fit in your pocket.

Thanks, Joe, I was wondering if improvements would make it easier to do without the viewfinder

It takes an SD card, that's quite common now, a lot of the older formats like CF aren't used by many manufacturers any more.

The batteries are a different model to mine, NB-6L but I am sure you be able to find some equivalents on Ebay cheap enough. Going rate is around £5-6 for two.

These are worth getting too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x-screen-protector-ultraclear-for-Canon-Powershot-SX240-HS-/190864013280?pt=UK_Photography_Screen_Protectors&hash=item2c7061b7e0

It's a lot better model than mine is, but that's how it is, technology moves on.

This looks a good video, will have a watch of that when I get time.

Hi Joe, the camera has arrived already :eek::D

Looks good, lots of the stuff the same as my old Canon, but better view of screen in the sunlight and of course a rechargeable battery :) Fabulous zoom too. Now to read all the info :(:D

Linda, in case you're interested, we always carry a spare battery and DH has found INOV8 ones purchased on the internet really good value (very cheap compared with the official camera one) and excellent quality. Mine holds its charge better than the original Canon battery I got with the camera! Enjoy your new camera - and take lots of interesting shots for us on your next trip! ;)

Linda, in case you're interested, we always carry a spare battery and DH has found INOV8 ones purchased on the internet really good value (very cheap compared with the official camera one) and excellent quality. Mine holds its charge better than the original Canon battery I got with the camera! Enjoy your new camera - and take lots of interesting shots for us on your next trip! ;)
Thanks Kruzseeka, I will order one :) I will try to take some good pictures. Hope they are as good as Joe's :rolleyes: Perhaps I should buy some ducks or perhaps a gnome :D

Four and a half weeks 'till we go :)

This is one my son took this evening of one of my cats lounging on my neighbour's car

2r5b9qo.jpg

Archived