Conquest - not everyone in the cabin purchased Cheers

firefly333

I have seen posted on here that everyone has to purchase Cheers. I sat with three guys and one purchased Cheers, but the other two did not. The guy said the other two had not activated their accounts yet and if they wanted to purchase Cheers later they could switch over.

The other two guys didnt want the 15 drink limit so they decided not to purchase Cheers (One guy was up to $400 in beer purchases by day 2).

They never made everyone in the cabin purchase Cheers though, like I read on here.

My only other observation was about the Loyalty Ambassador on Conquest who didnt have a lot of her facts correct. She came off as a know it all, and telling people how to book to suit what worked for her best, but short on facts if you knew much.

Im glad I didnt need to deal with her, as I just didnt like her.

One other small point.. the singing at the shows was worse than last Feb. They had one gal who couldnt carry a tune, but was obviously a banging body, dancer type.

What do you mean that their "accounts were not activated"? Are they not activated at check-in when you provide your credit card or put down a cash deposit?

I had the same question.

What do you mean that their "accounts were not activated"? Are they not activated at check-in when you provide your credit card or put down a cash deposit?

If you are doing a cash account, most people dont activate them until they are onboard and at the purser's desk. Not at check in.

I did see one of these boys feeding the red kiosk bills, so they might have set it up to pay in cash.

but it could have been for any reason .. and only one person purchased it in the cabin.

I also am not sure I got the point about splashing water on people sitting in the front two rows.

I said heck, Im going to Alaska next month and hear it rains and those are nice ponchos with hoods, so I went and sat up front :D

Two girls rose up and stood in round things with water and splashed it on people with their hands and feet. Whatever, it was summer, but didnt seem to fit the musical to me, but I took home my poncho to pack next month.

What am I missing ..anyone else see the new Latin Nights, which replaced Motor City?

I was on the conquest a few months ago and they made my wife an I both purchase it, as well as another couple we were cruising with. They might have found a loophole but it is carnivals policy each adult has to purchase it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...
I have seen posted on here that everyone has to purchase Cheers. I sat with three guys and one purchased Cheers, but the other two did not. The guy said the other two had not activated their accounts yet and if they wanted to purchase Cheers later they could switch over.

The other two guys didnt want the 15 drink limit so they decided not to purchase Cheers (One guy was up to $400 in beer purchases by day 2).

They never made everyone in the cabin purchase Cheers though, like I read on here.

My only other observation was about the Loyalty Ambassador on Conquest who didnt have a lot of her facts correct. She came off as a know it all, and telling people how to book to suit what worked for her best, but short on facts if you knew much.

Im glad I didnt need to deal with her, as I just didnt like her.

One other small point.. the singing at the shows was worse than last Feb. They had one gal who couldnt carry a tune, but was obviously a banging body, dancer type.

So it sounds like the other 2 guys may have had a surprise on their sail and sign accounts at the end of the cruise?

Musta been on the Miracle with us - worst ever! She sang at the past guest party - ugh! That was it for us!

I also am not sure I got the point about splashing water on people sitting in the front two rows.

I said heck, Im going to Alaska next month and hear it rains and those are nice ponchos with hoods, so I went and sat up front :D

Two girls rose up and stood in round things with water and splashed it on people with their hands and feet. Whatever, it was summer, but didnt seem to fit the musical to me, but I took home my poncho to pack next month.

What am I missing ..anyone else see the new Latin Nights, which replaced Motor City?

We hate the new shows on the Conquest. We did sit back farther to not get wet.

Archived