Back to Cozumel in 4 months-what now?

mitsugirly

That is definitely Uvas, but I don't think that price is current. They raised their prices a little bit at the first of the year and now that package is $60 when you book directly through them. I would think the site you linked would mark that up a little if you got a current price from them.

very possible, I was just doing searches on options and came across this. I hadn't remembered them having an all-inclusive option, although it is kind of limited. I just went there once for shore diving.

The Nachi sand thing is only when the tide is going out.

It leaves a slightly steep shelf (where the water was) and the sand shifts under your feet as it being dragged out with the tide.

I've been 4 times, but only experienced the tide going out, once...

So I knew what Mitsu was talking about the day she was there, but it is only when the tide is heading out. (sorry I know of no way of checking into that on your date)

If you enjoy a guaranteed no crowds experience, great food and an amazing pool with swim up bar, then Nachi is amazing.

The only down sides are the snorkeling from shore is poor and the sand at low tide...

I usually only go out in the ocean once for an hour or so and spend the rest of my day in the pool, so the sand thing has never bothered me. (and I love to snorkel, but always do so in better spots like Grand Cayman or Roatan.)

If snorkeling is very important to you, I would definitely choose Chankanaab and take the chance of the larger crowds.

Whatever you choose, I hope you find your perfect day in Cozumel.

Bill

I just have to say, this was not a "stand in the water and when the tide goes out the sand goes out from under your feet" type of thing. It was a drop off a few feet out without even being in the water. I took a picture of it and you can tell in the picture where the drop was. It wasn't like a deep drop, just a drop that I didn't feel comfortable with my little one playing in the water kinda drop. Also, walking in the sand itself, not in the water, was the problem we had. You could tell by the pictures I took there this day just how deep you sink in the sand while you were walking by the footprints. I was not the only one there that day having difficulty. Others were "walking funny" in the sand too.

You can see right past where the water was coming up was where it dropped off here. It was all the way up and down there, not just where someone might have been standing. You can tell by the water color difference as well:

PC200828-M.jpg

This is a picture taken while I was walking on the beach and you can tell just how deep the sand sunk while walking in it. I think the further you went down the beach, the worse it got:

PC200852-M.jpg

This was how far back we sat and it was hard to walk all the way up there. You can tell by the deepness of the footprints in the sand.

PC200829-M.jpg

I walked down the middle of the place too, and it was still kinda hard and you still sink in the sand as shown by the footprints here when I was taking the pictures

PC200824-M.jpg

To me it was hard to walk in. I don't know, others may not think so and I'm not really a "heavy" girl. It just wasn't the beach for "us" and these are just my thoughts and observations while there. Maybe it depends on the time of year? I'm not sure. I wouldn't think so since the sand was like that all the way back.

So what I'm comparing it to are other places that I have been, like Chankanaab. It was like regular sand and you didn't sink. Yes you leave footprints in any sand, but you don't sink and have a hard time walking in it.

IMG_5745-M.jpg

Just like Playa Mia, which is by Nachi, we didn't have a problem walking here either

P5120047-M.jpg

I think the other places just have more of a powdery, soft, smooth texture or something?? I'm not sure what it is. I just know Nachi was not the place for us.

PC200828-M.jpg

That line in the water, when the tide goes out, is completely out of the water, by a few feet.

The sand at Nachi is deep, but I have never found it more difficult to walk in than other beaches I have been at. (other than in the water, the one time the tide was going out)

Now I know some of the beach clubs had to replenish their sand after that hurricane that destroyed Puerta Maya pier hit.

So even though Nachi is physically next door to Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia, it could have different sand on top of the natural sand, due to replenishment.

I'll take Nachi's deep sand over courser sand beaches or the beaches with sand mixed with small rocks.

I guess beach sand is subjective like food. ;)

Having been at beaches in California, NJ, Del, MD, VA, NC, SC and FLA, plus all over the Caribbean, I guess I am a little more easy going about beach sand. :D

I'm more concerned about being at a wonderful spot like Nachi, with gorgeous facilties and great service to enjoy all day and the 100 person limit.

But I'm sure Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia are wonderful too.

If we had kids, I'd be at Playa Mia in a heartbeat with the kids and DW would be at Nachi enjoying her favorite spot in the Caribbean, EVERY single trip to Cozumel.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

very possible, I was just doing searches on options and came across this. I hadn't remembered them having an all-inclusive option, although it is kind of limited. I just went there once for shore diving.

They have a few different options. For $12 you get entrance, use of facilities, snorkel gear and guided snorkel tour. You also get one free drink.

For $37 you get all the above plus open bar.

For $60 you get open bar and a 3 course meal. From what I understand they prepare two or three different options and have a semi-buffet setup for you to pick from.

And for $100 you get a massage.

We opted for the open bar package and just ordered off the menu so we had a better selection, plus we spent less than the extra $27 the $60 option would have cost. They have the menu online now and you can figure out which would be the better option for you.

It's really a laid-back, non-crowded, beautiful and relaxing beach day. Great food and snorkeling too. We loved it and are going there again in October.

This is the last port for our West Carrib cruise in Jan I have to confirm what we are doing.

Thanks ...Mitze..deposit for Almaplena In Costa Maya is paid...thanks for all the info on that. They are even going to have a birthday cake for my husband :-) Not sure if they had it when you were there but you can now have a massage as well. So I told her I want one as well...way less expensive than on the ship!

I have come across these 2 links

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.n...rkel-tour.html

and

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ATVJungleTour.htm

at first I thought they were the same, but noticed one was .com and one .net

descriptions are very similar, but seems to be 2 different companies

Does anyone know if these are the same or not?

Also, looking to book ATV Jungle for DH and a 2 reef snorkle for me.

I was going to book mine through Eagle Ray divers

This one offers transportation included for the same price (at the .net site)

Can anyone comment on both of these companies , and experience with both the ATV Jungle tour and the 2 reef snorkel tour?

Trying to decide which to book with and feeling a bit confused.

TA reviews seem to be good but I can't find much here....if anyone has used them please let me know your experience...does not have to have been same tours we want to do, but general indication of reliability and service of the company(s) would be very helpful.

Hoping to reserve something in the next day or 2 so this part of the trip is done.

Thank you

Thank you

Angela

Thanks ...Mitze..deposit for Almaplena In Costa Maya is paid...thanks for all the info on that. They are even going to have a birthday cake for my husband :-) Not sure if they had it when you were there but you can now have a massage as well. So I told her I want one as well...way less expensive than on the ship!

I have come across these 2 links

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.n...rkel-tour.html

and

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ATVJungleTour.htm

at first I thought they were the same, but noticed one was .com and one .net

descriptions are very similar, but seems to be 2 different companies

Congrats on going to Almaplena. I hope you will love it there as much as we did. They are really nice people and I'm on their facebook page. I posted a few of our pictures and they actually commented and ask how the hubby and my daughter were. I think it's neat that they remembered me (and the pictures that I posted did NOT have us in them). So it's always nice to know that you are remembered. It's really great that they are going to have a birthday cake. How neat. I did not do the massage. I don't do massages anywhere I go. I just can't get past the "having someone's hand on me that I don't know" part of it. I know, weird.

As for the links, I'm very familiar with the 2nd link. I have checked them out a few times and I'm pretty sure it's from people on here recommending them or I wouldn't have found the link. So, I believe they are well known. As for the 1st link, I have never heard of them or seen anyone ever post that link before. I wouldn't think they are the same company. (It's just like cave tubing in Belize. There's a .com and a .bz, but they are not the same company). :)

• 3 months later...
After a lot of consideration, we have decided to head to Mr Sanchos. I will report back in my review how the day went. :) 2 weeks and counting... :D

Have fun! We'll be there again in February :) Can't wait!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

I popped in the Cozumel thread to get some ideas for our trip there next week and thought I'd post even though I think your decision has been made.

I'd HIGHLY recommend Playa Plantacar. I originally wanted to go to Chankaab but the taxi driver told us that PP was better. I really figured he just wanted the higher cab fare but I'm really glad we went there! I'm definitely taking the hubs there next week one day.

There is no fee to enter and it's a great setup. There are little shops along the way to the beach and once on the beach there's an area where the restaurant is and to the left and right are various places to sit or lay in the sun or sand. Waiters will come to your table and the prices are fair while the food is delicious. There are lizards roaming around along with peacocks that make it pretty interesting for the kiddos too (so long as you don't let them at the animals without supervision lol). The snorkeling off shore is really good! It was probably the best I saw the whole cruise that was just off shore. You can also take a boat out to the Plantacar reef for $35. They saw a whale so I pretty much have this on my MUST DO list next week.

It was a pretty sedate place, not a lot of kids running around but I was there in February so that may be part of it. There were a few people there but not crowded at all. Definitely not like Paradise Beach and the others that are more popular can get. I was very surprised by how much I liked it!

Pics are in my review post linked below, post #54 and pics start on #57. On the third pic on #57 you can see the dark spots where the reef was with the fish pictured on the bottom of that post.

I popped in the Cozumel thread to get some ideas for our trip there next week and thought I'd post even though I think your decision has been made.

I'd HIGHLY recommend Playa Plantacar. I originally wanted to go to Chankaab but the taxi driver told us that PP was better. I really figured he just wanted the higher cab fare but I'm really glad we went there! I'm definitely taking the hubs there next week one day.

There is no fee to enter and it's a great setup. There are little shops along the way to the beach and once on the beach there's an area where the restaurant is and to the left and right are various places to sit or lay in the sun or sand. Waiters will come to your table and the prices are fair while the food is delicious. There are lizards roaming around along with peacocks that make it pretty interesting for the kiddos too (so long as you don't let them at the animals without supervision lol). The snorkeling off shore is really good! It was probably the best I saw the whole cruise that was just off shore. You can also take a boat out to the Plantacar reef for $35. They saw a whale so I pretty much have this on my MUST DO list next week.

It was a pretty sedate place, not a lot of kids running around but I was there in February so that may be part of it. There were a few people there but not crowded at all. Definitely not like Paradise Beach and the others that are more popular can get. I was very surprised by how much I liked it!

Pics are in my review post linked below, post #54 and pics start on #57. On the third pic on #57 you can see the dark spots where the reef was with the fish pictured on the bottom of that post.

I have actually thought about that place several times now, but haven't made it there.

The pictures that I have saved on my computer make the place look beautiful. Then there's several pictures I have of the peacocks and the other animals people have reported seeing there (some squirrel raccoon type something or other...I forget their name). That alone made me want to go there.

8playa-palancar-cozumel-cozumel.jpg

playa-palancar.jpg

playa-palancar.jpg

PB110351.JPG

Yep, it looks like a place we would enjoy.

However, this trip to Cozumel, we are meeting up with some friends on another NCL ship. We arrive and depart at different times, so it made for a challenge of where to go. They ended up suggesting Mr Sanchos and we wanted a place that wasn't too far out of the way to give us as much time together as possible.

So, I think next time we head to Cozumel, this place will definitely be on my radar. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...