Cake pix thread

Dont know IF this has been started or not.. But this would be a SUPPPER help to other Brides... Different Sizes, height, cake toppers, and details on it.. I spoke to the Wedding dept and they told me for 45 people that 2 tier cake and she WOULDNT buy a Topper bigger then 2 inch (was Yours??)

~~ WHAT does YOUR Cake look like, Time for it to Shine~~

*How many Guest did You feed it with?

*Designs?

*Do you know the Inches of Cake

*Inches of the Cake Topper

**** LET'S SEE YOUR CAKE PIX****

*Designs?

Our two tier chocolate and vanilla marble cake with chocolate filling (nom) fed 13 guests at the reception and since there was leftover we continued to gobble it up at dinner a night or two after. It was truly delicious.

We asked for it to be plain (sans CCL's signature squiggles) so we could attach ribbon (1.75 inch) to the cake that we got at a Michael's after-Christmas blowout.

I don't know the diameter of the cake, but I do know they are about 4 inches high. I asked so I knew how big the ribbon could/should be.

Our cake topper was actually up-cycled. We found a traditional topper at a yard sale, my Mom striped it down, used a pair of gardening shears to clip a ship-on-a-stick and went to town for us. It is currently buried in my closet (we're still unpacking 7 months later), but I'd say it was no taller than 8 inches (with the pearl garland) and probably 6 inches wide. It fit on our top tier fine.

Side-Note: If you want to get crafty grab some lace or fabric remnants from the local craft store to decorate the table. It's not part of the cake, but it added to the look.

8413590051_bb7227a408.jpg8413439134_201434c2d9.jpg

Hi Ive included the picture i sent them to replicate and the final outcome. My 3 tier cake was for 62 guests & we had about 90% of the last layer which we ate for the 7 days on our cruise & shared with our dining neighbors as well.

I got my cake topper custom made from etsy for about $30. Ill estimate that it is about 4 inches tall and not too heavy.

The top layer was carrot cake with vanilla filling (ALOT of filling)

middle was vanilla cake with lemon filling (didnt get to try it(

bottom was red velvet & cream cheese filling (cream cheese is very very heavy but the cake was the best)

900x900px-LL-702f22d8_gallery8613641325453216.jpg.b1a74febde7cddd228a6f61f85dd5201.jpg

photo.jpg.46b504a0135c2e11af11e0a662dd4ba6.jpg

What did other brides choose for their wedding cake flavors?

I am deciding between vanilla with strawberry or vanilla with lemon...

I don't want something too heavy.

Also, is the filling flavored icing? I feel like weddings I've been to the filling is more like a pudding.

Thanks!

Britt

Hi Ive included the picture i sent them to replicate and the final outcome. My 3 tier cake was for 62 guests & we had about 90% of the last layer which we ate for the 7 days on our cruise & shared with our dining neighbors as well.

I got my cake topper custom made from etsy for about $30. Ill estimate that it is about 4 inches tall and not too heavy.

The top layer was carrot cake with vanilla filling (ALOT of filling)

middle was vanilla cake with lemon filling (didnt get to try it(

bottom was red velvet & cream cheese filling (cream cheese is very very heavy but the cake was the best)

They let you choose different flavors for each tier!? I was told ONLY ONE! I'm totally asking for more! Thanks!! :D

Great side tip :) Thank You boo:D

*Designs?

Our two tier chocolate and vanilla marble cake with chocolate filling (nom) fed 13 guests at the reception and since there was leftover we continued to gobble it up at dinner a night or two after. It was truly delicious.

We asked for it to be plain (sans CCL's signature squiggles) so we could attach ribbon (1.75 inch) to the cake that we got at a Michael's after-Christmas blowout.

I don't know the diameter of the cake, but I do know they are about 4 inches high. I asked so I knew how big the ribbon could/should be.

Our cake topper was actually up-cycled. We found a traditional topper at a yard sale, my Mom striped it down, used a pair of gardening shears to clip a ship-on-a-stick and went to town for us. It is currently buried in my closet (we're still unpacking 7 months later), but I'd say it was no taller than 8 inches (with the pearl garland) and probably 6 inches wide. It fit on our top tier fine.

Side-Note: If you want to get crafty grab some lace or fabric remnants from the local craft store to decorate the table. It's not part of the cake, but it added to the look.

8413590051_bb7227a408.jpg8413439134_201434c2d9.jpg

Dont know IF this has been started or not.. But this would be a SUPPPER help to other Brides... Different Sizes, height, cake toppers, and details on it.. I spoke to the Wedding dept and they told me for 45 people that 2 tier cake and she WOULDNT buy a Topper bigger then 2 inch (was Yours??)

*Designs?

We requested a three tear cake, I was told that we could do that for an upgrade cost - so we are paying to have a three tear cake, I figure it will add to the WOW factor and provide us dessert a few nights a dinner :)

Loving the photos ladies

*Designs?

Great thread! Why don't they volunteer important info like the 2 inches guideline! Thanks Shatima!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

Great thread! Why don't they volunteer important info like the 2 inches guideline! Thanks Shatima!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

Because they'd rather we pull it out of them. It'd be nice if they'd offer a tip/helpful hint sheet as part of booking.

*How many Guest did You feed it with? 50 and there was cake left over.

*Designs? Left up to the cruise line, we just added the topper.

*Do you know the Inches of Cake Nope

*Inches of the Cake Topper No idea

Sorry, we never took a picture of just the cake. I can tell you we were on Norwegian Cruise Line and it didn't taste good at all. However, everything else was wonderful!

ps_2011_08_07___12_16_11.jpg.b97ca9d0ff58eb28291cf89cb381b049.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Sasha told me the same thing.. $50!!! for one tier.. I asked about Cupcakes for 20 it would be $42 thats with TAXES!!!!!!!!! i didnt even know they charge taxes on this AND your guest list... BUTTT it does look good as a 3

We requested a three tear cake, I was told that we could do that for an upgrade cost - so we are paying to have a three tear cake, I figure it will add to the WOW factor and provide us dessert a few nights a dinner :)

Loving the photos ladies