Splendor advice needed

callmebetty

Good morning!

I am currently in cruise withdrawal mode after leaving a Gem suite last week. The only cure known is to book another cruise ASAP!

Now for the questions...

I am looking at 4/18 (which is Good Friday. I assume the ship will be at full capacity since it is during school break-being a teacher it's the only option I have). This makes me think that pool decks will also be quite full. Is it worth it to book the vista balcony to guarantee quiet sunbathing space at 600 more or should I go with a standard balcony and watch prices for an upsell opportunity? I would hate to "miss the boat" on a great room! Any recommendations on a quiet balcony if the latter is a better choice?

I thought about a spa balcony, but DH will not use the spa. Are there week long passes available to purchase just for me?

Thanks for any advice! I need to snap out of this withdrawal soon :)

I found this in a Carnival Funville post from Dec. 2012:

Note: For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, we offer day and week long passes to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

· Daily Pass: $40 per guest

· Week Pass for 7-day cruise: $149 per guest / $249 per couple

· Europe Cruises: Prices will vary depending on duration of the cruise

Good morning!

I am currently in cruise withdrawal mode after leaving a Gem suite last week. The only cure known is to book another cruise ASAP!

Now for the questions...

I am looking at 4/18 (which is Good Friday. I assume the ship will be at full capacity since it is during school break-being a teacher it's the only option I have). This makes me think that pool decks will also be quite full. Is it worth it to book the vista balcony to guarantee quiet sunbathing space at 600 more or should I go with a standard balcony and watch prices for an upsell opportunity? I would hate to "miss the boat" on a great room! Any recommendations on a quiet balcony if the latter is a better choice?

I thought about a spa balcony, but DH will not use the spa. Are there week long passes available to purchase just for me?

Are you talking about the aft wrap balconies? We had 6485 and it was sooo awesome! We even beat the buffet lines and ordered room service to eat out there.

Don't count on an upsell. We booked in August 2012 for a June 2013 and they were sold out not long after. The ones on deck 6 are the biggest.

We had 2 lounge chairs, 3 regular chairs (2 reclined) and three of those little tables. I really loved the room layout as well. It was more square than long and narrow, and it had 2 windows plus the door.

Thanks for the advice! It's about the same price to do a week long pass since the spa room is 20pp/day extra. Though they kind of lure me with the rainfall shower...

Now I just have to convince DH that we need a wraparound on deck 6!

Good morning!

Now for the questions...

Hello Betty,

We are on the 4/18 Splendor cruise and My wife is a teacher as well so we either have to travel in the summer or during school vacation week. That being said we have sailed twice during April vacation on the Pride and found that many schools in New York and the surrounding area have a different spring break so we didn't find the crowds to be overly kid saturated. I say book the cruise and have something to look forward to all winter, you teachers work so hard all year you need a break!!! :)

We had an aft balcony on 7 in 2009. The Disco was very loud until the early morning.

If you are referring to the El Morocco lounge, they use it for the comedy club now. We were on deck 6 - right above it and didn't hear a thing.

The Red Carpet lounge (deck 5) - which is a disco isn't under the aft facing balconies. It is under some of the aft side balconies.

Archived