Re-categorisation of cabins across the fleet

Skipper Tim

I looked into the 'Divina deckplan changes' thread and followed the link to MSC USA. It seems MSC are re-categorisation all classes of cabin and suite across the fleet. Each ship has its own date but they are all between October and April. Typically however for MSC, they managed to complicate it by keeping the old categories for South America and South Africa!

Having studied the Armonia changes, they are reducing the number of categories from 9 to 6. However, while the suites were all one category before (9), they will now be split into two (S1 and S2) with the higher category all the way forward on decks 10 and 12 and the lower category in the preferred centre of deck 10! Insides will be graded I1 and I2 while ocean-view will be O1 and O2.

A simplification is welcome but I wonder why they are doing it?

So now, MSC has changed my Armonia booking in respect of: 1) departure port; 2) departure country; 3) departure sea; 4) itinerary (no ports of call are the same); duration, departure date and now category of cabin!!!!

Tim ... Found it ... :) our Balcony becomes a B2 after the changes, i wonder if all the cabins in a given category will attract the same charge/cost ? are the B3`s on Decks 12 and 13 the Aurea Spa cabins ?

Tim .... Did you notice a change date for the Divina by any chance ? do you have a link to the changes ?

Dear Sidari,

MSC Divina changes for sailings after April 12, 2014.

Regards,

So I wonder if 8m in a S1 or s2?????

Do you think this is partially in preparation for those new price categories mentioned a few weeks ago? Or could be copying some other lines who use letters and numbers for categories. Suppose it is easier to understand what a category is if it has I, O, B or S in front of it.

Archived