Manhanttan Cruise Terminal Busy Aug 3rd

Just received a notice from Carnival cruise line that port officials are warning that parking at the terminal will be very busy due to the number of ships in port on 8/3/13. :(

I will be driving in from CT and planned to park at the pier with an arrival time before 11:00am; to get a parking spot and to get on the ship ASAP as I am doing a 2 day to nowhere.

I tried researching the suggested alternatives from Carnival but they seem far away and less than convenient. None of us have issues walking and being a short cruise only one piece of luggage so does anyone have suggestions for alternate parking? Do you think I should try the terminal first, then head to alternative if full? From what I read driving around can be a real pain so thinking maybe better to go directly to alternative instead of getting stressed out driving around. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I just did some research, according to nycruise.com. There will be 2 ships, but this shouldn't affect parking. If I may, I would maybe try the garages adjacent and nearby. I see it is Carnival Glory, they usually dock at Pier 90 (50th street). I would suggest a parking garage local near there. Hope I can help. Good luck and have a ball.

We sail on the Splendor on the 5th. I did some checking and along with Carnival Glory, two Norwegian ships (Epic and Breakaway) are both in port over the weekend for 7 days cruises, so that amounts to approximately 4 ships full of people with cars in the parking lot.

My husband is disabled and can't walk so we are trying to come up with the best solution.

Only two ships at port on 8/3

Gem & Breakaway

I would get to the port as early as possible to guarantee a parking space.

Carnival Glory and Norwegian Gem. Norwegian Breakaway was there 8/4. Anyway this is in the past, so whatever ships were there are long gone.

Archived