How much is....

Boozebabe

Can anyone tell me how much a Bud Lt is on the Breeze? I need to buy a small cooler to use on-board and wondering if it would be worth buying the beer cooler package which comes with 4 beers and a cooler. OR buying a cooler before we go and buy beers one at a time on board.

A cooler would be one less thing to pack before we go. And I could bring souvenirs home in it.

Thanx in advance.

Thanks guys for the help. I'm trying to compare the cost of 4 beers and a cooler from home vs. buying the cooler/beer package from Carnival I don't need the cooler for the beer. Need it for something else. But the beer will be consumed. The last softside cooler I had leaked all over a hotel room. Next time I'll be sure to take some small trash bags to line it. Even if its new.

Thanks guys for the help. I'm trying to compare the cost of 4 beers and a cooler from home vs. buying the cooler/beer package from Carnival I don't need the cooler for the beer. Need it for something else. But the beer will be consumed. The last softside cooler I had leaked all over a hotel room. Next time I'll be sure to take some small trash bags to line it. Even if its new.

I put the ice in a ziploc bag when I use soft coolers and keeps everything cold with no leaks.

The cooler is worth it! Good size and tall for the longneck beers. We loved it~twice~ you can trade the beers that come in it for cold ones! Take one of the plastic buckets that the beers come in and put it in your cooler keeps it from leaking. The lido bar staff would take the cooler and fill it with ice and beer every time we ordered a bucket! Enjoy your cruise!

The cooler is worth it! Good size and tall for the longneck beers. We loved it~twice~ you can trade the beers that come in it for cold ones! Take one of the plastic buckets that the beers come in and put it in your cooler keeps it from leaking. The lido bar staff would take the cooler and fill it with ice and beer every time we ordered a bucket! Enjoy your cruise!

Does it leak? Does the lid close with the beer bucket inside?

Just checked CCL website,

The cooler, 4 beers, 2 koozies and a bottle opener is $39 so it is a good value considering beer on the ship is 5.95 plus 15%

And I assume it does leak if you need to put a plastic ice bucket inside it. :D

Thanks!

Thank you Debi! I may have to order that from bon voyage! We are carrying wine on too.

I looked at the wine packages too, The least expensive was 5 bottles of "barefoot" brand it was over $100 :eek: And that is very cheap wine usualy about $5 a bottle!!

We live near a winery so I'll be taking some good stuff!

The last 2 coolers I took I left plastic bags in them for the cabin steward to fill. I even opened the bag & placed it in the cooler. The cabin steward took the bag out, folded it neatly and placed it on the counter, then filled the cooler. IT LEAKED. At least it was in the bathroom. I always sit the cooler in the sink. But I'd like to get one that DOESN'T LEAK.

I'm going shopping today. I'll check some of them out before I order from Carnival.

do you carry a cooler every where? I couldnt do it. I just get buckets if I have to and ice is always in the room for drinks so I guess I dont understand what the cooler is for unless your diabetic I know you might need it.

I am an "Iceaholic"!!! There, I said it.

First of all the "ice bucket" in the cabin is actually an "ice cup". Second of all the ice melts so fast in them. When we get back to our room at night, it is half water. We have even gone so far as t wrap a bath towel around the ice bucket to help insulate it. Nothing works. Maybe ice buckets that actually had insulation would help.

Thirdly, I like LOTS of ice in any drink.

I bring some soft drinks and want lots of ice. I have grown tired of calling and calling again and again for more ice. I add ice to cold water. No, I don't carry the cooler around with me. Hubby & I will also bring the allowable amount of bottles of wine and I may want to chill one on the spur of the moment. I also like an icy cold Coke when I get up in the morning without having to call the cabin steward.

My little fetish isn't nearly as goofy as people who bring, fans, blenders etc. IMHO

My desire for loads of ice is my only quirky desire.

First of all the "ice bucket" in the cabin is actually an "ice cup". Second of all the ice melts so fast in them. When we get back to our room at night, it is half water. We have even gone so far as t wrap a bath towel around the ice bucket to help insulate it. Nothing works. Maybe ice buckets that actually had insulation would help.

I bring some soft drinks and want lots of ice. I have grown tired of calling and calling again and again for more ice. I add ice to cold water. No, I don't carry the cooler around with me. Hubby & I will also bring the allowable amount of bottles of wine and I may want to chill one on the spur of the moment. I also like an icy cold Coke when I get up in the morning without having to call the cabin steward.

y little fetish isn't nearly as goofy as people who bring, fans, blenders etc. IMHO

Best be for you would be to get a room directly below Lido restaurant. I like ice too and on the Splendor I stayed on deck 8 near the aft and was one flight of stairs from ice heaven. No waiting for steward, just a quick jaunt up to load my plastic lined soft cooler :D

My little fetish isn't nearly as goofy as people who bring, fans, blenders etc. IMHO

You could bring a larger folding cooler in your luggage and ask your cabin steward to keep it full, you'd have plenty of ice. We've done that a few times when we've had a group of friends with us and happy hour is in our cabin, we have plenty of ice for 30+ drinks.

Archived