Have AzAmazing Evening Questions ? Please Post Here !

Andy

WE are on the August 3,2014 Quest Mediterranean Holiday Voyage and I can't seem to find out when or where the Azamazing Evening is. We are so very excited since this is our first Azamara cruise. We are celebrating my son graduating from college and my recovering from cancer surgeries and treatment.

For those of you who were able to get thru the My Azamara maze and book the Azamazing Evening at Binh Quoi Village, check your email. It has been cancelled:( When I called they said they should have more info the end of November. Hopefully they will.

WE are on the August 3,2014 Quest Mediterranean Holiday Voyage and I can't seem to find out when or where the Azamazing Evening is. We are so very excited since this is our first Azamara cruise. We are celebrating my son graduating from college and my recovering from cancer surgeries and treatment.

If you have your journey booked go via the summary and choose "My Azamara" and try to get tru to the Book Shore Excursions option. At least here you can view all excursions offered and one of them will be the Azamazing Evening Event.

Good luck:)

We just received an email notifying us that the Azamazing Evening, Feb 10, Binh Qoi Village, HCMC - Journey Feb 3rd, Singapore to HK. - has been cancelled. Just checked "My Azamara" and it is still showing as scheduled. Anybody know what is up? Where and when will the re-scheduled evening be announced? After experiencing two evenings that were less than "Azamazing" this past summer, I am inclined to bypass the event entirely rather than have a re-scheduled evening impact plans already made in other ports.

If you have your journey booked go via the summary and choose "My Azamara" and try to get tru to the Book Shore Excursions[/url] option. At least here you can view all excursions offered and one of them will be the Azamazing Evening Event.

Good luck:)

Thank you oddjob16. So far all of the Shore Excursions have some fee associated with it. So does this mean that the Azamara Evening Event is not listed yet ? or does this mean that one of the ones already listed will be the Event but with out the fee?

We just received an email notifying us that the Azamazing Evening, Feb 10, Binh Qoi Village, HCMC - Journey Feb 3rd, Singapore to HK. - has been cancelled. Just checked "My Azamara" and it is still showing as scheduled. Anybody know what is up? Where and when will the re-scheduled evening be announced? After experiencing two evenings that were less than "Azamazing" this past summer, I am inclined to bypass the event entirely rather than have a re-scheduled evening impact plans already made in other ports.

I read the email I received from Azamara more carefully this am. It appears that they have modified the evening based on guest feedback. The event was "cancelled" then automatically re-booked with the updated description. So, no worries - just appears to be a change in some of the details of the evening itself.

In response to my email to the LeClub desk, I just got the following today:

" It will be held in Gustavia, St. Barts on March 22nd and it will actually be held onboard the ship on the pool deck that evening. The event is described as "Carnival, Calypso & Conga". It is not yet available to be reserved, but because it is being held onboard, it is not as critical to pre-reserve it." They say they expect details to be on the website, and available for booking, by the end of November.

No other details were provided at this time. Makes one wonder how different it will be from the usual fun White Nights event. In fact I wonder if we will even have a separate White Nights event somewhere else on the cruise. Staying on-board doesn't exactly sound too Azamazing; guess the devil will be in the details.

Hello Sanatee -

The same applies to the Azamara Quest officer assignments. Just waiting for a confirmation of the schedule.

Hello Mike and Carol -

The new Master of the Azamara Quest, Captain José Vilarinho comes aboard on November 9, 2013. His schedule is firm through the end of February 2014 and during the next few weeks his future schedule with Captain Carl Smith will be decided.

I can confirm that on the March 16, 2014 voyage, the Hotel Manager will be Philip Herbert and the Cruise Director, Russ Grieve.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

In response to my email to the LeClub desk, I just got the following today:

" It will be held in Gustavia, St. Barts on March 22nd and it will actually be held onboard the ship on the pool deck that evening. The event is described as "Carnival, Calypso & Conga". It is not yet available to be reserved, but because it is being held onboard, it is not as critical to pre-reserve it." They say they expect details to be on the website, and available for booking, by the end of November.

No other details were provided at this time. Makes one wonder how different it will be from the usual fun White Nights event. In fact I wonder if we will even have a separate White Nights event somewhere else on the cruise. Staying on-board doesn't exactly sound too Azamazing; guess the devil will be in the details.

Hello Mike and Carol -

Yesterday I received the detailed information about the Azamara Quest's 11-night West Indies Hideaways voyage and the AzAmazing Evening (AEE) event planned for Saturday, March 22, in Gustavia, St. Barts.

The description reads as follows:

CARNIVAL, CALYPSO & CONGA

Let one of the Caribbean’s native stars lead you on a journey through Afro-Caribbean musical traditions. You’ll love this rousing show that reveals the art of Carnival, a dynamic brew of music, dance and feathered costumes that finds its most famous expression in Rio’s famous Carnival and New Orleans’ Mardi Gras. Sway to singers and dancers performing classic Calypso, a harmonic blend of melodies and rhythms accompanied by steel drums, claves, maracas and horns. By the end of the show you’ll want to join “Jump in the Line,” an irresistible Conga dance made famous by Harry Belafonte. Your evening includes a Caribbean rum drink, of course!

Actually, the reason why the AEE is being held onboard rather than in St. Barts is there is no venue or enough transport available shoreside that can accommodate 550-600 guests. The downside of visiting smaller and more intimate ports is that our options are extremely limited. Another point, with no real entertainment on St Barts, all the entertainment is being imported from St Maarten - a Carnival, Calypso entertainer with Carnival dressed show girls - to provide you with a better understanding of the flavor of the destination.

I'll let you know about the separate White Night Event sometime later.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the updates on West Indies AE and Quest officers. Another CC member currently on a Quest cruise, just reported that Capt Carl said he would be on Quest in March. Hope that holds, since we've heard so many good things about him.

[

I see from the roll calls that a US guest had an email regarding cancellation of azamazing evening in Bankok. I checked land discoveries and sure enought the evening has changed. I tried to check out the hotel we will be visiting with no luck! There are several Gand hotels to choose from.

Really disappointed that I have had no official communication regarding this.

Does anyone have more info?

QUOTE=Host Andy;39358893]Hi Everyone,

In an effort to tidy up our forum, I'm asking our members to post your AzAmazing Evening questions on this thread... but only those questions pertaining to a specific sailing date. This will allow Bill Leiber a centralized location for your questions, and allow our members easier access to current threads.

As an example... if you have a question regarding the AzAmazing Evening on the Quest November 26th sailing, please post it here. As always, General questions & discussion about AzAmazing Evenings are welcome to be posted within a new or existing thread.

All existing AzAmazing Evening questions will remain in their current threads, and will be closed after the OP's question is answered.

Within the next few days, this thread will become a "Sticky", for easier retrieval. Please be advised this is a test, and I welcome your feedback.

Thanks very much for your support and consideration !

[

i see from the roll calls that a us guest had an email regarding cancellation of azamazing evening in bankok. I checked land discoveries and sure enought the evening has changed. I tried to check out the hotel we will be visiting with no luck! There are several gand hotels to choose from.

Really disappointed that i have had no official communication regarding this.

Hi Ara

it appears to be a problem with the website -part of the description is referring to a evening that happens on the itinerary that goes to Taipei

i spoke to the uk call centre on thursday who were emailing miami requesting correct info be posted and it would take upto 48hrs to correct but it's still wrong this morning

Bill - could you please ask shore excursions for the correct details

Thanks Sue

[

i see from the roll calls that a us guest had an email regarding cancellation of azamazing evening in bankok. I checked land discoveries and sure enought the evening has changed. I tried to check out the hotel we will be visiting with no luck! There are several gand hotels to choose from.

Really disappointed that i have had no official communication regarding this.

Hi Ara

it appears to be a problem with the website -part of the description is referring to a evening that happens on the itinerary that goes to Taipei

i spoke to the uk call centre on thursday who were emailing miami requesting correct info be posted and it would take upto 48hrs to correct but it's still wrong this morning

Bill - could you please ask shore excursions for the correct details

Thanks Sue

Hello Wandering Words -

So that I can better serve you, I want to make sure that I understand your source of confusion. Please let me know if I'm on target or steer me in the right direction - Thanks!

First, I have assumed that you're vacationing on the Azamara Journey's 13-night Discovering Vietnam & Thailand, January 21 - February 3, 2014. I'm confused about your report of finding an email stating that the AzAmazing Evening was cancelled and changed and confusion about the hotel that would be used.

Perhaps I'm off-target from a posting from "2fromTO" reporting receiving an email stating that the AzAmazing Evening, Feb 10,2014, Binh Qoi Village, HCMC - Journey, Feb 3, Singapore to Hong Kong had been cancelled. In a later report and after reading the email "more carefully," it seems the content was modified based on guest feedback. When the new copy was posted, it was first cancelled and then reinstated with the correct details.

I've checked our website and Land Discovery brochure for the January 21, 2014 voyage and have found the identical information describing the event that will occur on Thursday, January 30, 2014 in Bangkok:

Discovering Bangkok's Ancient City — 30-January, Bangkok

Celebrate a Thai festival at Dusit Maha Prasat Throne Hall in the Ancient City, a lush 200-acre site of splendidly reproduced temples, shrines, palaces and stupas. Throne Hall, the Ancient City’s crowning masterpiece, is the site of tonight’s Loi Krathong ceremony and entertainment. The Thai love their festivals, and this is a particularly lovely one as lotus-shaped containers (krathong) are launched over the water (loi), symbolizing release of negative emotions and behavior. Your evening also includes a variety of regional dances, such as the tricky and challenging bamboo dance, crafts demonstrations by local artisans, and Thai delicacies and desserts paired with local beers and Mai-Tais.

Important Note: The event will be held after dinner is served onboard the ship. Specific departure time will be provided onboard.

I am waiting for our shore excursion and AzAmazing Evening team to reconfirm that this information is indeed correct. So please stand-by for a reconfirmation.

Sorry for the confusion and if I'm missing something, please let me know!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Anxiously waiting for news about our August 3,2014 sailing AzAmazing Event on the Quest. It seems to be the only one for the Quest that is "Coming Soon".

It is fun to read through the others. I check everyday. I just can't stop myself.

Hello Wandering Words -

So that I can better serve you, I want to make sure that I understand your source of confusion. Please let me know if I'm on target or steer me in the right direction - Thanks!

First, I have assumed that you're vacationing on the Azamara Journey's 13-night Discovering Vietnam & Thailand, January 21 - February 3, 2014. I'm confused about your report of finding an email stating that the AzAmazing Evening was cancelled and changed and confusion about the hotel that would be used.

Perhaps I'm off-target from a posting from "2fromTO" reporting receiving an email stating that the AzAmazing Evening, Feb 10,2014, Binh Qoi Village, HCMC - Journey, Feb 3, Singapore to Hong Kong had been cancelled. In a later report and after reading the email "more carefully," it seems the content was modified based on guest feedback. When the new copy was posted, it was first cancelled and then reinstated with the correct details.

I've checked our website and Land Discovery brochure for the January 21, 2014 voyage and have found the identical information describing the event that will occur on Thursday, January 30, 2014 in Bangkok:

Discovering Bangkok's Ancient City — 30-January, Bangkok

Celebrate a Thai festival at Dusit Maha Prasat Throne Hall in the Ancient City, a lush 200-acre site of splendidly reproduced temples, shrines, palaces and stupas. Throne Hall, the Ancient City’s crowning masterpiece, is the site of tonight’s Loi Krathong ceremony and entertainment. The Thai love their festivals, and this is a particularly lovely one as lotus-shaped containers (krathong) are launched over the water (loi), symbolizing release of negative emotions and behavior. Your evening also includes a variety of regional dances, such as the tricky and challenging bamboo dance, crafts demonstrations by local artisans, and Thai delicacies and desserts paired with local beers and Mai-Tais.

Important Note: The event will be held after dinner is served onboard the ship. Specific departure time will be provided onboard.

I am waiting for our shore excursion and AzAmazing Evening team to reconfirm that this information is indeed correct. So please stand-by for a reconfirmation.

Sorry for the confusion and if I'm missing something, please let me know!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Thanks for following this up -The website error has now been corrected - the problem was with the online booking screen- the event was described as you have listed however when you clicked 'More Details' it was describing a different event taking place in Taipei

Sue

Hi Bill

Thanks for following this up -The website error has now been corrected - the problem was with the online booking screen- the event was described as you have listed however when you clicked 'More Details' it was describing a different event taking place in Taipei

Sue

Hello Sue -

I can reconfirm that the information that is presented now is correct.

Here is a summary of the computer glitch - When the AzAmazing Event was changed for 2014, we needed to set up a new code with the new description, duration, etc. Due to system limitations, we cannot just "move" guests to the new code, but we have to cancel and rebook them manually. Therefore, all booked guests received a cancellation notice via e-mail explaining that we made some changes to the program and listing the short description of the revised event. All guests were rebooked the same day on the new code / program and would have received a confirmation e-mail showing they were rebooked with the new code and AzAmazing Evening name. (Tour descriptions would not have shown on this confirmation.) This all took place on 11/04/13. The computer system refreshes overnight, so the following day, we found that the incorrect long description was uploaded - the one uploaded was for Taiwan. Once again, since the system refreshes overnight, the incorrect long description would have remained viewable for 1 day for any guest that would have gone on our website and downloaded the brochure.

Enjoy your forthcoming Azamara experience!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

When the AzAmazing Event was changed for 2014, we needed to set up a new code with the new description, duration, etc. Due to system limitations, we cannot just "move" guests to the new code, but we have to cancel and rebook them manually. Therefore, all booked guests received a cancellation notice via e-mail explaining that we made some changes to the program and listing the short description of the revised event. All guests were rebooked the same day on the new code / program and would have received a confirmation e-mail showing they were rebooked with the new code and AzAmazing Evening name. (Tour descriptions would not have shown on this confirmation).

Unfortunately, the practice you describe above was not consistently implemented as notification was not sent to all guests when the AzAmazing Evening at Ho Chi Minh City [Journey cruise starting 3 February] was improved; that inconsistency only added to the confusion...

Some [2fromTO, for instance] got the cancellation e-mail; others--like me and friends with whom I'm traveling--did not... My notification--though I didn't recognize it as such at the time--occurred when I unexpectedly got a new e-mail confirmation of all tours I'd booked on that leg of the trip and had no idea why [i'm not enough of a Sherlock Holmes to recognize that the related tour number had changed; I just assumed it was another IT glitch and filed the document away after noting that all of my tour plans--by tour name and including my AzAmazing Evening reservation--were properly enumerated]...

It wasn't until I caught up with the related posts on this Forum that I understood what had occurred... It was fine--I certainly appreciate that Azamara tweaked the offering to improve it--but it was perplexing... And then, not all guests are Cruise Critic members...

I don't want my comments to come across as further proof that no good deed goes unpunished... But I rather suggest that Azamara could get far more mileage/far less confusion when communicating good news if such announcements were written from a guest-focused perspective--highlighting improvements and telling guests what to expect administratively--and then sending them consistently [no, we didn't miss it] to all guests for whom valid e-mail addresses are available...

Thanks, Mike

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sure this has been asked before, but why does the website need my credit card information when I only wish to register for the free Azamazing event? What will the information be used for?

Hello Wacktle -

Thank you for your question seeking an explanation why a credit card number is required when you book your AzAmazing Evening Event. It's to ensure that we have your credit card information on file in case you cancel after the deadline for doing so without penalty.

Although AzAmazing Evenings events are complimentary and included on all except transatlantic crossings and voyages that are less than 7 nights long. A few select itineraries may not feature ports conducive to such events, in which case the AzAmazing Evenings event will be held onboard.

Nevertheless, reservationsare required for your AzAmazing Evenings event. After booking your voyage, please visit AzamaraClubCruises.com/AzAmazingEvenings to select the event for your voyage, then follow the instructions to reserve your place. If you do not pre-book the AzAmazing Evenings event online but decide to participate once onboard, you may sign up until the morning of the event, space permitting. To be sure there is room for you, we encourage you to reserve before boarding.

CANCELLATIONS: Because Azamara Club Cruises incurs costs for each participating guest, we ask that you let us know by no later than 10:00 PM the previous day if you decide not to attend. Confirmed guests who do not cancel by this deadline and do not show up will be assessed a cancellation fee of $100 per person. Remember that Onboard Credits (OBCs) cannot be used to pay for cancellation fees.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises