Have AzAmazing Evening Questions ? Please Post Here !

Andy

Hi Bill, Thanks for the clarification. Our cruise is already booked, so we'll sign up for the Azamazing evening very soon. We were fortunate to be part of the very first one in Gibraltar, which was a truly great experience!

Hello Wacktle -

Thank you for your question seeking an explanation why a credit card number is required when you book your AzAmazing Evening Event. It's to ensure that we have your credit card information on file in case you cancel after the deadline for doing so without penalty.

Although AzAmazing Evenings events are complimentary and included on all except transatlantic crossings and voyages that are less than 7 nights long. A few select itineraries may not feature ports conducive to such events, in which case the AzAmazing Evenings event will be held onboard.

Nevertheless, reservationsare required for your AzAmazing Evenings event. After booking your voyage, please visit AzamaraClubCruises.com/AzAmazingEvenings to select the event for your voyage, then follow the instructions to reserve your place. If you do not pre-book the AzAmazing Evenings event online but decide to participate once onboard, you may sign up until the morning of the event, space permitting. To be sure there is room for you, we encourage you to reserve before boarding.

CANCELLATIONS: Because Azamara Club Cruises incurs costs for each participating guest, we ask that you let us know by no later than 10:00 PM the previous day if you decide not to attend. Confirmed guests who do not cancel by this deadline and do not show up will be assessed a cancellation fee of $100 per person. Remember that Onboard Credits (OBCs) cannot be used to pay for cancellation fees.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

:confused: I would be happy if I could just find the right keys to push to get reservations for the AzAmazing evening in Cabo on Feb 20/14. no matter how many times I try, the website refuses to register us.

Also would like to know what, if any, the AzAmazing event will be on the Mar 4 cruise out of Caldera.I find the Azmara site quite confusing. Perhaps I will just have to phone and hope I get to talk with someone who knows anything.:rolleyes:

:confused: I would be happy if I could just find the right keys to push to get reservations for the AzAmazing evening in Cabo on Feb 20/14. no matter how many times I try, the website refuses to register us.

Also would like to know what, if any, the AzAmazing event will be on the Mar 4 cruise out of Caldera.I find the Azmara site quite confusing. Perhaps I will just have to phone and hope I get to talk with someone who knows anything.:rolleyes:

Chada,

There are quite a few reservations that are "locked out" of the Azamara system. I'm one of several who cannot access shore excursions, online check-in, etc. on the web site. You are probably NOT pushing the wrong buttons. Azamara knows of the problem with some reservations and is working on fixing it, however slowly.:(

Call Azamara and the very nice young people who answer the phone will be happy to book your shore excursions for you.

If you go to the Azamara Club Cruises web site (not My Azamara)

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/

and click on the drop down for "Plan Your Voyage" Click the box for "Already Booked" then "Book Land Discoveries" This will allow you to put in your sailing date and you will get a PDF file with all the excursion information.

Don't worry if the first page says "Panama Canal" It's for our "Route of the Americas" cruise sailing on Feb. 18, 2014. The prices in the PDF are already discounted at 25% (that part of the first page is true).

I downloaded the file and printed it off so it was easier to work with. I've booked all my excursions with the ship, including the Azamazing evening on the phone and received email confirmation from both Azamara and my TA.

If you can't download the PDF file of the excursions, email me at kelliepoodle@yahoo.com and I would be happy to forward it to you.

azamazing-evenings-default-event.png

The Spirit of Panama — 6-March, Fuerte Amador.

Join us for an evening celebration at the National Theater of Panama, one of the country’s most beloved landmarks. Your night begins with sangria and tapas at lovely Plaza Bolívar ringed with restaurants and cafes. From there it’s a short stroll to the theater, which opened to great fanfare in 1908 and has been likened to a miniature version of Russia’s Mariinsky Theater. You’ll understand why as you enter and look up at the dreamy fresco ceiling and elegant gold arches. Tonight’s special entertainment is a medley of songs, music and dance telling the story of Panama from early indigenous people through the end of Colombian rule. This bright, vibrant performance will add to your appreciation of Panama past and present, as the country enters a new era with the opening of a second canal.

...in finding it incongruous that Azamara is offering a marvelous FREE AZAMAZING EVENING, & if we miss it, having promised to attend perforce, we will be CHARGED FOR IT????? Please see below.....

CANCELLATIONS: Because Azamara Club Cruises incurs costs for each participating guest, we ask that you let us know by no later than 10:00 PM the previous day if you decide not to attend. Confirmed guests who do not cancel by this deadline and do not show up will be assessed a cancellation fee of $100 per person. Remember that Onboard Credits (OBCs) cannot be used to pay for cancellation fees.

This is truly the gift that keeps on giving!!!!

Sorry, but the cancellation policy makes perfect sense to me.

If you were throwing a party at a banquet hall and were paying a set amount per guest, you would not be happy having to pay for people who decided at the last minute not to attend.

Likewise, Azamara doesn't want to incur costs for passengers who decide at the last minute not to attend the special Azamazing Evening.

I'm also confident that if a passenger developed a sudden illness or had an accident, that the cancellation fee would be waived.

...in finding it incongruous that Azamara is offering a marvelous FREE AZAMAZING EVENING, & if we miss it, having promised to attend perforce, we will be CHARGED FOR IT????? Please see below.....

Azamara is asking people to honor their commitments. I see nothing wrong with that. Aren't we all adults?

I don't think it incongruous at all. Just sound business practice. It's one thing Azamara incurring considerable cost for the benefit of passengers who attend. Why should they waste money by also providing resources for people who don't attend without recovering same?

I don't think it incongruous at all. Just sound business practice. It's one thing Azamara incurring considerable cost for the benefit of passengers who attend. Why should they waste money by also providing resources for people who don't attend without recovering same?

:)Amen to that.

Azamara is asking people to honor their commitments. I see nothing wrong with that. Aren't we all adults?

Does your above comment not infer that you have Actually taken the time to say youARE going on this evening???

The actual case being you are put down as GOING without being consulted

:confused:

[quote name='shintaro']Does your above comment not infer that you have Actually taken the time to say youARE going on this evening???

The actual case being you are put down as GOING without being consulted

:confused:[/quote]

I [B]booked [/B]the excursion myself. I believe that is the only way it works. [B]It is not automatic [/B]you have to either call or book it online like any other excursion. The $100 penalty is quite clear on the web site and the rep who booked it for me over the phone was also clear about it.

When I booked it, I made a commitment that we were going to attend.