what's with this pricing?

remydiva

just wondering why for the Sept 28 date, the oceanview cabins have been and still are MORE than the balconies? We booked one month ago and there were over 150 balconies in good locations still available when I looked a few weeks back..after final payment...and yet OV continue to be more money.

also, all the Sept cruises are on CB and likely will be too early for fall foliage...we are booked on the last one in Sept so the more pricey ones earlier in Sept have sold out!

Our cruise and roll call is near dormant so not a popular date ...anyone got ideas or past experience for the pricey discrepancy?

?ui=2&ik=5fedff7e25&view=att&th=14037c5685dc1a22&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=628613336fb8fee3_0.1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8JmxjrsNK_GNRp2JwK0Gza&sadet=1375325247238&sads=OE3st-tjyHdXwxa1mJOyUH6CLwg

just wondering why the oceanview cabins have been and still are MORE than the balconies? We booked one month ago and there were over 150 balconies in good locations still available when I looked a few weeks back..after final payment...and yet OV continue to be more money.

?ui=2&ik=5fedff7e25&view=att&th=14037ba3602244a6&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=8fcb192e837c8a91_0.1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8JmxjrsNK_GNRp2JwK0Gza&sadet=1375324675354&sads=o0uBNNSz0fG8m1u0vRAx_epYT5c

As the lawyer-types say, "asked and answered." If they have lots of balcony cabins still to unload while oceanview cabins are nearly sold out, then OCV are going to be at a higher price point so they can attract buyers to the balconies.

I saw the same type of pricing on some of the Alaskan cruises this summer. I even recall taking advantage of it on a Caribbean cruise a few years ago and for the first time ever, bought a balcony cabin.

Early September may be popular with people for better, i.e. warmer, weather. I have plenty of fall foliage where I live, so if it were me booking, I'd value warmer temps more than leaf colour.

just wondering why for the Sept 28 date, the oceanview cabins have been and still are MORE than the balconies? We booked one month ago and there were over 150 balconies in good locations still available when I looked a few weeks back..after final payment...and yet OV continue to be more money.

also, all the Sept cruises are on CB and likely will be too early for fall foliage...we are booked on the last one in Sept so the more pricey ones earlier in Sept have sold out!

Our cruise and roll call is near dormant so not a popular date ...anyone got ideas or past experience for the pricey discrepancy?

?ui=2&ik=5fedff7e25&view=att&th=14037c5685dc1a22&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=628613336fb8fee3_0.1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8JmxjrsNK_GNRp2JwK0Gza&sadet=1375325247238&sads=OE3st-tjyHdXwxa1mJOyUH6CLwg

Hi Remi,

Do you think the ocean views are mini suites? Some of the mini s are shown with only a window.

marge

Hi Remi,

Do you think the ocean views are mini suites? Some of the mini s are shown with only a window.

marge

The CB doesn't have window minisuites (only the Coral/Island do); it does, however, have full suites with windows. In neither case would their pricing show up under oceanview cabins, though. They're categorized as suites (or minisuites, as the case may be).

agreed suites (with window or otherwise) and minisuites would be in their own catagory...just plain weird iMHO.

I don't recall ever seeing anything like this...and it has been this way for WEEKS as I keep checking for any further price drops (one could hope right?)

As the lawyer-types say, "asked and answered." If they have lots of balcony cabins still to unload while oceanview cabins are nearly sold out, then OCV are going to be at a higher price point so they can attract buyers to the balconies.

Nope, still lots of OV available...just checked. Why would you pay $200 MORE for an OV than a balcony?

Nope, still lots of OV available...just checked. Why would you pay $200 MORE for an OV than a balcony?

Weird. I wonder if historically, OCVs sell out quicker and they're just preempting demand by pushing people up toward balconies? Doesn't make sense any way you slice it . . . Enjoy your balcony!

That is puzzling, It might well be due to demand but I think there maybe something more to this.:D

maybe the tiolets dont work in the balcony cabins, the carpets are stained and the beds are lumpy :eek:

I am on this cruise Oct. 12 and wondered the same thing. For almost all the dates, the OV category is more than the balcony. You would think that people who booked OVs would switch to balconies and things would even out. I sure would, anyway!

I also wonder why my date is less expensive than all the others. At least that's the pricing I get when I log in. Makes me worry - is there something wrong with the week of Oct. 12 that I don't know about??? Historically the prime hurricane week or something?

I am on this cruise Oct. 12 and wondered the same thing. For almost all the dates, the OV category is more than the balcony. You would think that people who booked OVs would switch to balconies and things would even out. I sure would, anyway!

I also wonder why my date is less expensive than all the others. At least that's the pricing I get when I log in. Makes me worry - is there something wrong with the week of Oct. 12 that I don't know about??? Historically the prime hurricane week or something?

I wouldn't think so, a quirk of timing/pricing perhaps.:D

Archived