Need Hotel Recommendation for FLL

berbet

Just yesterday, I booked a room at Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale through Cheaptickets.com for $59 plus $5 service charge ($64.00). This did not include the taxes. It is .05 miles from the cruiseport, and they offer free parking while we are on the cruise, free shuttle to the port, and a free buffet breakfast. Needless to say, I quickly booked it for the night of December 23rd. Our cruise leaves for 9 days on the 24th. Hope this information helps.

Kathleen

Thinking of booking the Hyatt pier 66 nfor a post cruise in November for three people - Is ther any parasailing or scuba dive operators nearby - also restaurants?

Ron

There are several restaurants on the property. There is a revolving rooftop lounge, there is the Pelican Bar that serves a variety of food, and is quite good, while you overlook the intracoastal. There is also a more formal restaurant inside. You can also catch the water taxi from the property to go to Las Olas Blvd. area. THey also offer what you are looking for by way of water sports through their "aquatic center". http://www.aquaticcenterofpier66.com/water-sports.htm

Hi Bicster, welcome to one of the friendliest boards around and welcome to the WONDERFUL world of cruising. Can't help with your hotel question as I too am looking for a decent hotel in Ft Lauderdale for a winter cruise.

My cruise is 2-12 on the Liberty. Where are you headed? Enjoy the anticipation, it is half the fun. You will find lots of helpful folks and gain very useful knowledge on this board.

Hi Cathy:

Sorry it took so long to reply.I am going in the HAL's Volendam 12/26/05 (New Year's cruise).1st cruise with HAL but am looking forward to it. My husband and I wanted more traditional, conservative cruising. Tired of NCL-Crown, Sea and Dawn, most recently. I did like freestyle for flexible dinner hours but people don't dress up that much.This board is definitely the best. Easy to read and respond-I checked out others. I finally booked Amerisuites-don't have a computer @home so I always can't have access to check on priceline, hotwire + I'm hesitant to do this.

Does the Amerisuites you all are talking about have a liquor store and restaurants in walking distance?

Does it have a shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the port?

TIA

Joanna

The Amerisuites on 17th street does have an airport and port shuttle - do not know about liquor stores - check out their website - they usually have nearby stuff listed. Or better yet, ask Princessaddict.

Ron

Hi:) Yes, the Amerisuites has liquor stores, grocery stores and restaurants

all within walking distance.

A brand new Publix is within a 5-7 minute walk. There will be new

restaurants opening in the same shopping center.

Next to the hotel is a Mexican Place and next door to that is Outback.

You can walk to all of these places. (And I have...stayed at Amerisuites twice)

and walked alot.

Thank You so much for that information. I just booked the Amerisuites for $160, Seems to be the most inexpensive place around. Although with breakfast included and not having to rent a car like you do when you leave from Port Canaveral, I think we did good LOL

Do you get breakfast coupons? Because she didn't put any children on the ressie, she said if she puts children, they charge $20, but she said kids stay and eat free, so it is a glich in the system.

Anyone know how much to get a cab or limo from the port to the airport? And if anyone used a limo, how much was it and who did you use?

I appreciate all this help

Joanna

Thank You so much for that information. I just booked the Amerisuites for $160, Seems to be the most inexpensive place around. Although with breakfast included and not having to rent a car like you do when you leave from Port Canaveral, I think we did good LOL

Do you get breakfast coupons? Because she didn't put any children on the ressie, she said if she puts children, they charge $20, but she said kids stay and eat free, so it is a glich in the system.

Anyone know how much to get a cab or limo from the port to the airport? And if anyone used a limo, how much was it and who did you use?

I appreciate all this help

Joanna

You just booked the Amerisuites on 17th ST for $160? Is that for one room? Is it during the big boat show? I recently got two romms there on Oct 18 for $50 each!

Ron

Yes, it is the Amerisuites on 17th street. It is for one room, I held it without a credit card through Amerisuites directly, because Valuetrip doesn't go to Feb 2006 yet. So I'll reprice it when it gets closer. It is during Presidents weekend if that matters.

Who did you book through?

Archived