Summit Sky Suites 6131 and 6147

turtlemichael

Given a choice between 6131 and 6147 on Summit which one would you pick? My understanding of the differences are:

6131 - standard sky suite, bigger balcony with good views forward, partially uncovered.

6147- nicer finishes, bigger bathroom, a touch darker, standard suite balcony and hope they don't pound the piano too loudly next door (unless you are invited in!).

Four of us are traveling, we have both of those Suites.

from what I have read, and pictures, I would take 6131.

I like the balcony. Also I have read that 6147 has a small closet.

Still, you have the two best sky suites afloat. :D

I just booked a corner FV, but I know I am going to miss the bathroom of the sky suite. :cool: :confused: oh dear, what to do??? what difficult choices we deal with. :D

I agree, 6131 is probably the better choice!

That is SUCH a dilema, FV or SS bathroom!!! :rolleyes: Each time we have a FV I just love it & the bathroom is not an issue, BUT, when we have a SS, that bathrom is a DREAM!!! 7_3_110v.gif

I'll be in 6147's sister suite, 6146 in December on the Mille. We took a tour of 6146 last March and it is a fantastic suite. It's a companion suite to the PH, with a connecting door and it's usually the first Sky Suite to be taken. The closet isn't small at all. My family will be in the PH, so we'll open the connecting door and have one huge room.

We were in 6146 on the Infinity last week. It is MUCH nicer than 6132 (our friends were there and it's the same as 6131). HOWEVER, the pods do vibrate in the aft and make a lot of noise if you like your balcony door open like we do.

Gee, this is easy, 6147. It is the Penthouse Suite, we were in it several times on our last cruise, thanks to our tablemates who were staying in it. I am sure you must mean another SS near 6147????

Given a choice between 6131 and 6147 on Summit which one would you pick? My understanding of the differences are:

6131 - standard sky suite, bigger balcony with good views forward, partially uncovered.

6147- nicer finishes, bigger bathroom, a touch darker, standard suite balcony and hope they don't pound the piano too loudly next door (unless you are invited in!).

Four of us are traveling, we have both of those Suites.

Gee, this is easy, 6147. It is the Penthouse Suite, we were in it several times on our last cruise, thanks to our tablemates who were staying in it. I am sure you must mean another SS near 6147????

I'm sure the OP is talking about 6145, the SS that is connected to 6147 penthouse. ;)

• 3 months later...

Apologies. I did mean 6146.

As I meant to say, we had 6131 and 6146. I was in 6131 the week before last and our friends were in 6146. The pluses of 6131 were that it seemed to have a nicer finish than some other sky suites and maybe it was marginally larger. The closet space was huge and almost walk-in. All fixtures and fittings were in top notch condition. It was a beautiful cabin.

The possible negative was indeed the balcony. It was very windy at sea compared to others. It is also virtually entirely exposed to above and forward. I really found it disconcerting to be on it and look up and see people in the next couple of cabin (I saw things I am much too young to know about). The extra size is a plus but it is virtually impossible to avoid looking at others and it has no privacy.

6146 on the other hand is superbly finished and larger with an entrance hall. The bathroom is as big as some cabins. The balcony was also larger than the standard sky suite and probably about the same footage as 6131 albeit a different shape. The negatives are very limited closet space and you can hear that darn piano next door. There was also more vibration at various times. But really, both are very good and if a cabin is the important part of a cruise for you, both are very good and you can't go wrong with either.

You all seem to know A LOT about all of the staterooms so I figured I would ask here... What should I know about Sky Suite 6121 on the Summit? The Good, the bad, and the ugly. Tell me it all. This will be my first Celebrity cruise, my first cruise for more than 7 days, and my first time in a suite. Can everyone see us on our balcony? Please do tell more about how great the bathroom is. I am interested in all of it, good and bad. Thanks in advance!

No, "everyone" can't see you on your balcony, but some people will be able to! No balcony is really "private"! The bathroom is all marble & has lot's of nice counter space, storage & a full sized jacuzzi tub, 7_3_110v.giflot's of room to move around in compared to regular balcony cabin bathrooms. You will enjoy the added space in the SS, they're very comfy! :D

I checked. It is IMPOSSIBLE to see our balcony from 6131. We are many doors away from you. I don't even know if we are going to be on the Summit at the same time. I am sailing on 1/2/06, are you?

Hi Stacy...we'll be on with you! Great cabin choice...see you soon.

Karyn

I checked. It is IMPOSSIBLE to see our balcony from 6131. We are many doors away from you. I don't even know if we are going to be on the Summit at the same time. I am sailing on 1/2/06, are you?

Stacey, sadly I'll only be there in spirit. I was being a touch flippant and liberal with the truth. Now if you were in 6129 it would be a different issue!

Karynanne thanks for the vote of confidence in my cabin choosing abilities. I got an AMAZING deal! I was a little scared about my choice but posting on these boards has gotten me some great feedback and I am A LOT LESS nervous now than I was before I posted questions here. I am really looking forward to my first cruise more than 7 days long, my first cruise on Celebrity, my first time in a suite on a cruise, and my first time in Hawaii. I look forward to meeting you Karynanne. Not too much longer now!

Karynanne I think I saw you on the roll call for 1/2/06 L.A.-Hawaii-L.A. Summit trip. Have I been smoking too much crack or am I correct? Are you going to the CC party onboard?

Yes, Stacey, we're on the 1/2/06...We'll be at the CC Party. We always meet the greatest people. This cruise should be a wonderful one! Looking forward to meeting you also...

Karyn

Yes, Stacey, we're on the 1/2/06...We'll be at the CC Party. We always meet the greatest people. This cruise should be a wonderful one! Looking forward to meeting you also...

Karyn

We are on Summit to Hawaii just before ya'll are. We sail December 18th. We will try to take care of her. :)

Karyn

A double-bubble. :)

I was just checking out the "pnony formalism" thread and saw your post. I would never post on that thread because the folks there are a little too intense about a DRESS CODE! I don't mind dressing up so much, but my b-friend HATES it! That is one of the main reasons for choosing a suite. We can have dinner in our cabin if we want. I may even convince him to don a sport coat and tie and get him into the dining room for 1 formal night. I hope we aren't chastised because he isn't in a suit. I don't really care. The main reason I am posting is that your reply on that thread said something to the effect of " now, where are my pills.." I wish you were on my cruise. I think we would get along really well. It sounds to me that you are like my b-friend and myself. We just want to have FUN and RELAX! What we are wearing is sooooooo secondary. Have a great time on your sailing!

You all seem to know A LOT about all of the staterooms so I figured I would ask here... What should I know about Sky Suite 6121 on the Summit? The Good, the bad, and the ugly. Tell me it all. This will be my first Celebrity cruise, my first cruise for more than 7 days, and my first time in a suite. Can everyone see us on our balcony? Please do tell more about how great the bathroom is. I am interested in all of it, good and bad. Thanks in advance!
Stacy, here is a list of M-Class Sky Suite Photos

Summit Sky Suite 6099

Summit Sky Suite 6116

Infinity Sky Suite 6118

Infinity Sky Suite 6132

Infinity Sky Suite 6146 (scroll down)

Constellation Sky Suite

Thanks for the great pictures. Georgia huh? I lived in Cherry Hill, New Jersey for about 4 years. Some good times were had there. I remember Cherry Hill having a really big mall when I lived there in the early 80's. Thanks again for the photos. I am looking forward to this cruise soooooooo much. Are there any other things I should know? This is my first Celebrity cruise, first time in a suite, first cruise more than 7 days, and first time in Hawaii. Any advice is appreciated.

Archived