Laundry & Drink Package Questions?

Crez4jc

I have booked our cruise aboard the Wind Surf February 8, 2014. I remember reading somewhere about a laundry package we can purchase. We will be spending a few days in St. Barts, post cruise, and I'd like to take our roll-a-boards there with clean clothes in them.

Also, I remember reading about a drink (alcohol) package we can purchase. Does anyone know the cost of that? Do they allow you to bring alcohol back from the stops? Different islands usually have their own beer that we like to try, and sometimes like to bring a six pack back on board with us. Will there be a fridge in our cabin?

We haved used the laundry package and the cost was about $109 for two of us unlimited laundry. They do a very nice job on it. I'm not sure of the cost of the drink package, but the cost did not make sense for us. You can find it on their website. You may bring in wine and drink it on board for a $15 corkage fee at dinner or no fee in your room. All other booze is taken by the ship and returned to you at the end of the cruise. I don't know how much this is enforced.

We will on board the Surf Jan 18, and can't wait. We find the laundry package to be very helpful....especially if you are traveling before or after the cruise....and it is nice to go home with clean clothes! We don't think the alcohol package is worth it, unless you are drinking morning to night! The drinks are reasonably priced.

• 4 months later...

Have been on 4 Windstar cruises-no one has ever checked our tote bags coming back on board, if you keep it small and low key you should have no problems-dispose of empties in public trash cans. The drink package did not make sense I would have to drink all day to hit that $---Have not used their laundry service.

The laundry package might be worth it if you have extended stays before and/or after your cruise. If you think you would only have a few items per person you might want laundered, their individual piece prices are quite reasonable.

I have always felt that the drink package would not make sense for us.

The laundray package is great. You can pack less and have clean clothes going home or to your next stop. There is no dry cleaning so put only washables in the laundry bag. They even press the t-shirts and men's shorts. Liquor package - we did not buy at $108 a day and had a total bar bill of about $350 for the entire week. Drinks are reasonable. The people we met who bought the booze package hung out at the bars and were sloshing them down the last night to get their moneys worth!:rolleyes:

The laundry package was fantastic and well worth the price. Items came back very clean and pressed. I brought along a mesh laundry bag and out my underwear and socks into that with a note on the slip to just wash and dry the bag with the items in it.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...