steak house

cjnix29

For guys, slacks and a collared shirt. For the ladies, a dress.

Thank you so much. So not anything like formal night? One more thing, please-My reservation is for the day we sail, do you think I miss anything by doing it the first night. I chose this night because I'm told you receive complimentary wine.

Thanks.

Thank you so much. So not anything like formal night? One more thing, please-My reservation is for the day we sail, do you think I miss anything by doing it the first night. I chose this night because I'm told you receive complimentary wine.

Thanks.

We loved the first night on our last cruise. Received our free bottle of wine and great service.

Thank you so much. So not anything like formal night? One more thing, please-My reservation is for the day we sail, do you think I miss anything by doing it the first night. I chose this night because I'm told you receive complimentary wine.Thanks.

If it's Elegant Night in the MDR, then it's Elegant Night in the Steakhouse.

When I sailed on Legend (granted, quite a while ago) the Steakhouse called my cabin to remind me that jackets were required for men. And it wasn't Elegant Night. Requested attire for all venues will be in the Fun Times for each day.

The only thing I can think of that you might miss is the Welcome Aboard Show the first night. I haven't been to one in years, but I hear they throw prizes to the audience.

We have taken our children you will get some dirty looks from rude people who feel children don't belong there... But my kids sat the entire time and didn't make a peep but we also brought their books with them to help keep them occupied... I pay just as much for my meal as those without children so I have every right to be there until they make it adults only..

Thanks.

You will miss meeting your table mates in the MDR. Other then that, nope.

You will miss meeting your table mates in the MDR. Other then that, nope.

Thanks to all of you kind people for your responses. This is my first steak house visit and I wanted to do it right.

Re: Table mates: You are so right. I love meeting my fellow cruisers. Since I hope to meet them the next night, they will be my surprise on the trip :).

We have taken our children you will get some dirty looks from rude people who feel children don't belong there... But my kids sat the entire time and didn't make a peep but we also brought their books with them to help keep them occupied... I pay just as much for my meal as those without children so I have every right to be there until they make it adults only..

If man, woman, or child is causing a scene, I don't care what they are paying. Kick them out.

Also, I think it's terrible when parents bring their kids but, the kids aren't eating. That's taking away money from the server and taking away seats from would be paying customers.

If man, woman, or child is causing a scene, I don't care what they are paying. Kick them out.

Also, I think it's terrible when parents bring their kids but, the kids aren't eating. That's taking away money from the server and taking away seats from would be paying customers.

How so? The chairs at the table would otherwise be empty.

How so? The chairs at the table would otherwise be empty.

If someone books a table for four but only two guests pay that takes away that table for four where all are eating.

Come on. You know this.

My wife and son (who's 10) and I will be at the steakhouse at least a couple of nights on our upcoming 7 day. He'll take up a chair, he'll show exceptional mannors, and his dad (me) will pay the $35 tab for his fare.

Anyone who doesn't like it - deal with it.

:)

If someone books a table for four but only two guests pay that takes away that table for four where all are eating.

Come on. You know this.

I think the two of us have always been seated at a table or booth for four. That's two wasted seats every time. I do know that.

At least there is a chance will eat and perhaps even order a soda.

The child haters can choose a later dining time if they wish to.

Unruly children and obnoxious drunks are the same in my book.

We brought our then-10 YO to the steakhouse on Pride in 2010. He loved the food - only problem was it was too much food. He did well with the appetizer and salad, but started to falter with the entree and decided to skip dessert entirely. The last few years he's been happy to dine on Lido with his older brother when we go to the steakhouse - although we've told them that they're more than welcome to go to the dining room if they want, since they love the meals there. However, he's now 13, he plays football, and his appetite seems to be growing. Somehow I think that next year, at 14, he'll be visiting the steakhouse again.:eek:

would the kids club be open so I could take my son there instead? I keep reading about strange hours for the club, so wasn't sure. He would sit that long for dinner, but can't say he would be overjoyed doing so!

Archived