steak house

cjnix29

I think the two of us have always been seated at a table or booth for four. That's two wasted seats every time. I do know that.

At least there is a chance will eat and perhaps even order a soda.

The child haters can choose a later dining time if they wish to.

Unruly children and obnoxious drunks are the same in my book.

My wife and I have had tables for 4 but also tables for 2. Either way, if you go you pay IMO.

I feel the same as you, as I stated, about unruly adults or children.

Also, I think it's terrible when parents bring their kids but, the kids aren't eating. That's taking away money from the server and taking away seats from would be paying customers.

This happens? Really, are you sure? I can't imagine watching someone eating a 2 hour meal.

Also couples "take away" seats for 4 all the time. Have you never been to a restaurant?

Finally the steakhouse doesn't exactly have a waiting list, especially not the first night.

We've gone on 2 cruises. The first we were 1 of two couples dining at that time. On the second our luggage was lost so I went to see if we could change our reservation(since we had no nice clothes) and the response was, "Come whenever." :rolleyes: Which we did, and it was not full.

I believe the 2 of us were seated at a table for 4 both times.

To the OP, enjoy your first night and free bottle of wine. If you feel your child will enjoy himself, bring him too. Camp is not open the first night.

This happens? Really, are you sure? I can't imagine watching someone eating a 2 hour meal.

Also couples "take away" seats for 4 all the time. Have you never been to a restaurant?

Finally the steakhouse doesn't exactly have a waiting list, especially not the first night.

We've gone on 2 cruises. The first we were 1 of two couples dining at that time. On the second our luggage was lost so I went to see if we could change our reservation(since we had no nice clothes) and the response was, "Come whenever." :rolleyes: Which we did, and it was not full.

I believe the 2 of us were seated at a table for 4 both times.

To the OP, enjoy your first night and free bottle of wine. If you feel your child will enjoy himself, bring him too. Camp is not open the first night.

Yes it happens and I have been to the SH many times when it was full but I have also been when it was empty.

I've been cruising for a little bit now.

If man, woman, or child is causing a scene, I don't care what they are paying. Kick them out.

Also, I think it's terrible when parents bring their kids but, the kids aren't eating. That's taking away money from the server and taking away seats from would be paying customers.

She didn't say that her kids were not eating..nor did she say that they were causing a scene, actually she said that they did not make a peep.

we are taking our son (age 6) and I have no concerns. He goes out to eat with us every Saturday night at home.

I took him over thanksgiving (he had just turned 6) to the steakhouse on one of RCI's ships as we wanted a special meal for thanksgiving day. We went early and the food was great.

It was a nice meal and we both enjoyed ourselves. It was too much food (for me too!) but we just split somethings as to not waste.

I pay the same fee as you for his meal and if his simply breathing air bothers you that's your problem, not mine.

We ate on the first night on our Magic cruise last May. The only downside for us was that the food was so great, we were disappointed with the food in the main dining room the remainder of the cruise!! So we decided next time, we'll book the steakhouse later in the cruise.

Enjoy!! We loved it!

My kids are older now but dinner table manners have been drilled into them since they were out of their high chairs. I think you should be respectful of others if your child is a toddler than the steakhouse would probably be a long ordeal for them but if a little older and use to going out to dinner then go for it. People always comment on my kids eating almost anything and not sticking to the kids menu, that's because we've exposed them to lots of different foods and expect them to try it. My DS who is 13 now tries everything on Carnival's menus and so far has only not liked the frog legs.:D I have been seated with adults who are more picky than most toddlers out there and not much better behaved. I understand some people don't like children but how can they expect those children to become well behaved and caring adults is they are not exposed to experiences that teach them?

Steakhouse on first night is an excellent choice. The wine is decent, it's usually not crowded, and you can really relax.

As for kids, I don't have any myself. I love sitting next to well behaved children. I hate sitting next to badly behaved parents. I have nieces and nephews who I adore, and now two (and one more on the way) great nieces and nephews. My personal thought is that if you are a thoughtful parent, bringing your kids 5 and over to the steakhouse is a non-issue. Because you know your kids, and in the event that it turns out that your normally well behaved 5 year old maybe got too much sun and is cranky and doesn't want to be there, you will probably leave.

(It is my personal belief that no child under 5 should be in the steakhouse because it is just too long a time to expect them to sit still. And they don't want to be there. Selfish on the parent's part and unfair on the child. I don't get mad at the child, though.)

The problem comes in because EVERYONE thinks they are a thoughtful parent. Including the couple at the steakhouse who had kids crawling on the floor, under the table, and around the servers' legs. I am astounded that the children didn't end up getting hurt (way to easy to spill a tray of food for an unsuspecting server). Couple completely ignored the whole thing. Not fair, to anyone, I don't care if you are paying the 35 bucks for the child.

We ate at the steakhouse twice last October. First time, just my wife and I while my 4 year old son stayed with Grandma.

We raved so much about how great the food was, grandma really wanted to try it so I called and spoke with the staff about a reservation the last night for all of us. I knew my 4 year old would have no problems sitting through the meal, but I also knew he would not be able to eat all the food. They were more than happy to let us split some of our food with him. They just brought our plates with an extra empty plate for him. We didn't ask for any special concessions, but they even brought him a big dessert on the house at the end.

I totally disagree with it must be over 5 we took our youngest at 18 months... It wasn't much longer then the main dining room.... If kids were that big of an issue they would make it adults only hence the serenity deck... People will debate it back and forth weather kids should be there or not... There will always be people that agree and disagree that's life but kids pay their fare same as adults and if parents want to take them to the steakhouse they should be able to...

She didn't say that her kids were not eating..nor did she say that they were causing a scene, actually she said that they did not make a peep.

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. Just making a statement.

Including your family? :D
[quote name='SPKEMO']For the record, I hold any age person (from 0-100 years old) to the same standard. If you disrupt my dinner and that of those around you, get out. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

We enjoy the steak house multiple times during the cruise, however I will NOT be disturbed by your children. I specifically make my reservation and state I refuse to be seated by small children. My requests are always honored. I won't disturb you and your family, please don't disturb me and my husband. We have gone on cruises and choose to eat at the steakhouse every night simply to get away from the kids.

We're including our 11 y.o. DS in our steak house reservation. We have reservations for the first night also....and DS LOOOVES steak. After reading some of the posts regarding the amount of food served. I would hate for DS (or myself or DH) to waste any food so my question is, do we HAVE to order the appetizers or could we just bypass them? Also, would we be able to request takeaway containers if we're unable to finish dessert (I fully intend to try the cheesecake)?
As for dress codes, are women allowed to wear a capris? I was told that jeans and a collared shirt would be alright for the guys.

[quote name='dianeneste']Wow. I'm amazed at the prejudice against children on the boards. If children are allowed and you don't like children, then you probably just shouldn't go there.[/quote]

I don't think there is a prejudice against children. But there is a prejudice against[I] ill-mannered children[/I] (or ill-mannered adults, for that manner!:o )

When a child is polite, uses his/her "indoor voice", follows the rules and displays common courtesy, they are fun to have around.

It is the kids who cry, yell, cut in line, run down the hall, and who are allowed by lazy, indulgent parents to run around in the restaurant who are not welcomed with open arms. I'm mom to three now-grown kids -- when they misbehaved in a public place we left.

The Steakhouse has a very adult, reserved ambiance and not at all suitable to children under 12 no matter how well behaved. The seating is pretty tight so any fidgeting or noise on the part of any diner will effect not just their table. That being said, I am taking my kids to the Steakhouse on our upcoming Legend cruise and people will just have to deal with it... they are 27 and 24 now. ;)

[quote name='mephistoles']We're including our 11 y.o. DS in our steak house reservation. We have reservations for the first night also....and DS LOOOVES steak. After reading some of the posts regarding the amount of food served. I would hate for DS (or myself or DH) to waste any food so my question is, do we HAVE to order the appetizers or could we just bypass them? Also, would we be able to request takeaway containers if we're unable to finish dessert (I fully intend to try the cheesecake)?
As for dress codes, are women allowed to wear a capris? I was told that jeans and a collared shirt would be alright for the guys.[/quote]

Yes, you can take-away. We're always too full for dessert after eating there, but we take one to go to share later.

If its not adults only then why not? Just like a 4 or 5 star restaurant on land, dress appropriately and behave appropriately- this goes for EVERYONE.

My son WOULD be unruly (he just turned 4), so I would not bring him into a fancy restaurant, but I know my kid. Some children are very well behaved and would enjoy it. The OP never said how old her children were, for all we know they could be 10 and be able to hold a full conversation, be well mannered, and like the food. To the poster who assumed her children wouldn't be eating- why wouldn't they? I loved a nice filet when I was a kid! I went to fancy restaurants with my family and was able to behave. It all depends on the kid.

So to OP enjoy your FAMILY dinner in the steakhouse as long as your kids are well behaved. And if they are not, be able to recognize that and head to the Lido (no flames here- as I stated,my son would not be able to handle it so if I brought him I would be eating in the Lido every night!

Archived