Allure of the Seas recent Boarding (All Aboard times)

Hi

We are going on Allure this week!

We just received letter that due to budget cuts the debarkation is taking longer!

Has this affected Allure Embarkation significantly?

We were planning on arriving at 11!

What are your recent experiences!

Thanks in Advance!

Ed

When we went in April we had a leisurely breakfast and then shopped at a dollar store for a few things and then Radio Shack for a card for my husbands camera. By the time we got on which was about 1 PM our rooms were ready and we went off to meet our friends. The lines at check in we're negligible.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just sailed last week. We arrived at the port around 10:15. Dropped off our luggage and had a quick check in. Sat around in the holding area a bit longer than expected ,but not bad. They started calling the suites etc around 11:45. We were on board by noon or just after.

Lisa

I arrived for my Oasis Cruise at 11:00 am. Was slightly upset when I saw the "Boarding Time 2:00 PM" But we were on the ship by 12:30. :)

They seem to board in sections. When the upper level of the cruise terminal is full, they run that batch of guests through then hold the next batch until the upper level is full again.

Thanks

I know this can change from week to week.

Has anyone cruised Oasis or Allure in the last 2 months and have some feedback?

Thanks again!

Sailed on 7/14, received same e mail - however arrived at port at 11 am and onboard within 20mins.

Thank you for the info. We were going to go to the pier at noon but now have decided to get there earlier. I think I read that suite guests can go to their cabin immediately and not have to wait until 1:00 p.m. This will be a bonus!

If possible let us know when boarding starts.

Have a great cruise!!

We just sailed last week. We arrived at the port around 10:15. Dropped off our luggage and had a quick check in. Sat around in the holding area a bit longer than expected ,but not bad. They started calling the suites etc around 11:45. We were on board by noon or just after.

I was on the same cruise and rolled in a bit later. 12:45 flight, pee'd around before getting our luggage (which was off the belt and waiting for us), wandered over the the RCI podium where a busload of folks were waiting for us. :o

Pretty much just walked onto the ship (no line at check-in).

Getting off the ship was just as easy. Went to the dining room a couple minutes early only to find that they'd already called our number. Got off, got our stuff, got through customs and on the bus within a half hour.

No worries, no hurries.

Just to let you know a slightly different experience... 6/8/13 Oasis sailing. When we checked in (~10:15), we were told boarding should start around 11:15. However, it didn't start until Noon. I think that's the exception rather than the rule, but just so you know it could happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Allure!

Update:

For boarding we arrived at pier at 11

Boarding started shortly after and boarded at 11:30

For the return this morning:

People on our group that did self debarkation were out of ship and on a taxi to Airport at 7:45AM

Group that left ship at 8

We're all done and waiting for pick up at pier at 8:25AM

Group that left at 9 AM

Waited in huge line inside ship

Waited in huge line in customs

And finally at taxi line at 10:15AM

I recommend arriving earlier than noon, the lines will be shorter and the wait time will most likely be shorter as well. I work at Port Everglades and lately the lines for check-in have been huge between 12 and 1pm because of the letter. For some reason Royal Caribbean keeps sending the letter out, even though disembarkation has been running much smoother lately. In the last couple weeks, embarkation has been starting between 11:15 and 11:30 for the Allure and the Oasis for the most part.

Archived