Experieced Conquest's "The Point" Restaurant?

ChekdBob

Leaving on 7/10 on the Conquest. Could some of you please share with me your dining experiences at "The Point". What are some of the menu selections? How was the beef? Or is seafood the choice? Atmosphere? Crowded? Noisy? Hard to get reservations? How early should we make reservations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks SO Much!!

ChekdBob

Leaving on 7/10 on the Conquest. Could some of you please share with me your dining experiences at "The Point". What are some of the menu selections? How was the beef? Or is seafood the choice? Atmosphere? Crowded? Noisy? Hard to get reservations? How early should we make reservations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks SO Much!!

ChekdBob

Here is the menu. Its best to make reservations soon after boarding the ship. A very elegant and refined atmosphere. $30 per person, expect close to 2.5-3 hour meal.

STARTERS

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, Wrapped in Rice Paper and Classic Bourguignonne

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce

SUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tuna, Shrimp and Unagi with Pickled Ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1 oz. of Sevruga Caviar with Traditional Condiments and Buckwheat Blinis An Extra $29.00 Charge will Apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal Black Tiger Prawns with American Cocktail Sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC Fleuron and Fresh Cream

BAKED ONION SOUP “LES HALLES”

A Parisian Classic

SALADS

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

With blue cheese, warm bacon dressing.

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, Radicchio, Tomato Wedges, Purple Onion Rings and Watercress Choice of House, Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing

SIDES

BAKED POTATO WITH TRIMMINGS

SAUTEED MEDLEY OF FRESH MUSHROOMS

YUKON GOLD MASH WITH WASABI HORSERADISH

SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE

GRILLED FRESH VEGETABLES IN SEASON

CREAMED SPINACH WITH GARLIC

ENTRÉES

Our Steaks Are Hand Selected and Aged for 30 Days to Our Specifications. Carefully Handled and Perfectly Cooked.

BROILED NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK

14oz of the favorite cut for steak connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTER HOUSE STEAK

24oz of the best from both worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9ox for the true Gourmet

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage-braised sea bass over young spinac and mango salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

served with drawn butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

with blackberry port wine reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

double cut lamb chops

served on five-bean cassoulet and rosemary jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

center cut from the highest greade milk fed veal

Sauces Available

THREE PEPPERCORN SAUCE

WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE

SAUCE BEARNAISE

DESSERTS

CITRUS CHEESECAKE WITH HAZELNUT BISCUIT

Burnt Basmati and Mango Ravioli with Almond and Marcarpose Jam

WASHINGTON APPLE TARTE TARTIN

Served with Chocolate and Leon Balm Salad

CHOCOLATE TARTE WITH BITTER CHOCOLATE PATE

Raspberry & Pineapple Croquant, Tiramisu Notre Façon

FRESH FRUITS

Assembly of Tropical Fruits and Berries in Season, Served with Homemade Sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

The filet mignon was fabulous, the lobster pretty good (a little dry as always when broiled, but nicely presented), the shrimp cocktail great, onion soup not to my taste (very beefy), desserts only so so EXCEPT for the apple tatin, which was wonderful.

I've eaten at the Point Restaurant twice on 2 different Conquest cruises. Do they not have the Joe's stone crabs anymore? 2 years ago they did. I'll be sailing Conquest again in November and expect to eat there again. It is a bargain!

We had a party of 14 have dinner at the POINT and it was fabulous. There are many pictures of the food from the POINT including appetizers in the FOOD & FUN link below of Conquest food. You will not be disappointed. The price has gone up $5 since we sailed in February (or so I read here) - but it would be worth it. Also, there is no longer Surf & Turf which WAS beautifully presented and delish!! Sushi app was good, fresh caesar salad, 24 oz Porterhouse, filet......shrimp cocktail and more...it was all great!! Go when it is not a formal night. ENJOY:D

The lobster bisque is absolutely to die for. There is even a lobster claw in the bisque. The lobster tail is the best I have ever had. The mushroom medley is delicious. It is worth every penny spent on it.

We'll also be on the Conquest 7/10. The Point is great - just go there hungry as it's non-stop service.

I wholeheartedly agree!

The Point is well worth the extra money spent. And trust me, you will not leave hungry. The amount of food they serve you is tremendous. So make sure you stop eating around noon..... the day before! ;)

My DH and I ate in the Point in Dec. Our experience was fine but not as great as some. I think this is due to the fact we ate early and it was after a day in port. It was a rush to get there and we were so early it was dead. No live music, etc.

The food was great. I did have the surf and turf and am sorry that they don't offer it anymore.

I will plan on doing this again!

We are going on the Conquest in November....never have been in any of the "Alternative Dining" venues.

Can you tell us, can we make reservations prior to cruising??

If we wait until we're on board, is it difficult to get reservations?

You cant make reservations ahead of time. You will have to wait til you are onboard. We had a supper club reservation for a Thursday at 7:30 and it was not crowded at all. I think we were the only people in the place other then the crew dining. The supper club only seats 100 people a night from 6- 10.

Just off the Conquest yesterday. Ate at The Point and it was definitely the best meal we had on the ship. I'm not exactly sure what has happened to Carnival's food overall but unfortunately not as we remembered. However, The Point was exceptional. Had the trio of escargots, lobster bisque, caesar salad (really no different than what you get in the dining room, just made in front of you so the lettuce isn't wilted), surf and turf (which was really good), baked potato and the mushrooms as a side. Had the citrus cheesecake for dessert, which was good, but my DH had the chocolate one and it honestly was better. DS had the apple tartin and liked it as well. DD tried the crab cake app. which was really good and DH had the shrimp cocktail which he rated excellent. DD also had the french onion soup which I thought was tasty, very rich! Enjoy, you can't go wrong. We ate there the second sea day (Tuesday) and this worked out great. We checked the menu on the TV for dinner that night and nothing overwhelmed us so this is how we chose. Definitely try to get the time you want. We asked for 7:30 and they tried to give 6:00 but DH asked again and they stated it would work. This time was perfect. Just a hint, we didn't even think about dancing to the live music until another couple did. Once someone started quite a few participated. Don't be bashful, it is very romantic and quiet. Much different experience.:)

We sailed the Conquest June 26 - July 3. We ate at The Point that Tuesday night. Be prepared for your dining experiance to be it least 2 hrs. It is worth every penny and every minute. My favorite was my BF baked onion soup! The best we've had. We both had the Surf & Turf. The chocolate dessert was absolutely wonderful! I love the way they presented everything. Just a little advice here. Make sure you go very hungry. Have fun on your trip.

Archived