REAL cream or half-and-half onboard?

kangaand2roos

In another post it was suggested that the "cream" on the ships is in fact "creamer" (aka oil and corn syrup...yuck!!)

Does anyone know if there is real cream or h&h on the ships (Glory?) if not out on the Lido, then what about room service, coffee bar, or MDR? The room service says half-and-half. Is that the case?

Thanks!

Stacey

Bring your own small container of cream and keep it in your fridge in your cabin. Another option is to purchase a bag of the small creamer thingies with real cream in them.

I agree with you, we need cream in our coffee, we come from Canada and use real butter for baking and 18% cream for our coffee. We plan on bringing some with us for our next cruise.

They always have a pitcher of milk next to the creamer. You can also get a carton of milk from the buffet.

Thought the "fattest" milk they carry in the small cartons is either 1 or 2%. They have not had whole milk in cartons our last few cruises. Most other lines do, Carnival does not... :(

Tom

Thought the "fattest" milk they carry in the small cartons is either 1 or 2%. They have not had whole milk in cartons our last few cruises. Most other lines do, Carnival does not... :(

Tom

I've seen whole milk as well as 1%, 2%, and chocolate.

Bring your own small container of cream and keep it in your fridge in your cabin.

I'm not sure I'd keep real cream in the cabin fridges, they barely keep anything cool, much less cold and safe from going bad.

I've seen whole milk as well as 1%, 2%, and chocolate.

They used to carry it - but it was not on the Sensation last fall, nor the Breeze in March of this year. I asked several people, some in managerial positions. They indicated that they don't carry it any longer (in the small cartons). They do have it in gallons (Borden), and kept one in a cooler behind the line. Whenever I wanted any, all I had to do was ask.

Tom

Is fat better than oil and corn syrup?

WAY!!!!!!!!! If in doubt, real food trumps fake food, and most oils are heavily processed and corn syrup is total crap! I steer away from sugar and wheat and eat my food as unprocessed as possible.

Bring your own small container of cream and keep it in your fridge in your cabin. Another option is to purchase a bag of the small creamer thingies with real cream in them.

I agree with you, we need cream in our coffee, we come from Canada and use real butter for baking and 18% cream for our coffee. We plan on bringing some with us for our next cruise.

I use real butter, 50% cream (Oooh so good!,) and raw milk, all delivered to my door step by a local dairy. Very little sugar, no wheat, and the less processed the better! Yes I'm spoiled! And I've lost 25# since I've been eating This way and am within 5-10 pounds of my ideal weight!

I use real butter, 50% cream (Oooh so good!,) and raw milk, all delivered to my door step by a local dairy. Very little sugar, no wheat, and the less processed the better! Yes I'm spoiled! And I've lost 25# since I've been eating This way and am within 5-10 pounds of my ideal weight!

Good for you! Since I've switched to real dairy (highest fat content possible) and deleted sugars, starches, and processed foods from my diet, my blood pressure has gone down, and I've lost 20 pounds. That's only since June 15!

I really hope I can find real cream, or at the minimum, half-&-half, on our upcoming Valor cruise. I don't want to sabotage my diet now, when its going so well, and I'm feeling so good! :)

I'm not sure I'd keep real cream in the cabin fridges, they barely keep anything cool, much less cold and safe from going bad.

I think we will keep it in our collapsible cooler filled with ice. That should keep it safe, I hope! LOL I can make make due with what they have or visit the coffeebar. Hubby needs his cream, he is addicted to his Tim's here, Large double double!

Tim's is Tim Horton's coffee in Canada, kind of like Dunkin' Donuts in the USA.

Good for you! Since I've switched to real dairy (highest fat content possible) and deleted sugars, starches, and processed foods from my diet, my blood pressure has gone down, and I've lost 20 pounds. That's only since June 15!

I really hope I can find real cream, or at the minimum, half-&-half, on our upcoming Valor cruise. I don't want to sabotage my diet now, when its going so well, and I'm feeling so good! :)

That is fabulous for both of you! Never had 50% cream, whoa! The most I've tried is 35% and that is whipping cream here, I ran out of coffee cream and we had this in the fridge and thought, well it'll just be a bit creamier:D

I would love to have a local dairy that would make butter and cream and deliver at that ;)

My husband was raised on a farm and I remember when my Mother-in-Love would sometimes have fresh cow's milk. She would skim the heavy cream right off the top and pour it in our coffee. Yummo - and so many good memories of almost 50 years ago!

That is fabulous for both of you! Never had 50% cream, whoa! The most I've tried is 35% and that is whipping cream here, I ran out of coffee cream and we had this in the fridge and thought, well it'll just be a bit creamier:D

I would love to have a local dairy that would make butter and cream and deliver at that ;)

My cream is heavy whipping! Sometimes (it varies throughout the year because of the cows' diets!) it is so thick it barely pours!

The fairy also delivers local cheeses and, grass fed beef, and free range eggs! And if we didn't travel so much in the summer, we could also sign up for a produce co-op which they would also deliver weekly!

Archived