Anytime dining table for 2

joshd33

Heading out on the Magic in a couple days and are doing anytime dining. Are all the tables for 2 super close or can you ask for a more private table?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Haven't beenon the Magic but it seems that the two-tops are either set 2 inches apart or placed akwardly in the middle of the aisle.

If you want a real private two-top eat in the buffet. Most nights it is uncrowded.

We tried any time on the Liberty. First night we got the very close tables

but later found a great waiter and assistant. From that point on we asked for him and were given a 4 person table in his section. This was a booth with much more room between the tables nearby.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I wonder if they'd let us ask for a booth? I guess it depends on how busy they are at the time as I'm sure they would like to keep those avail for parties of 4. Maybe if we go in between peak times.... Oh well, not a big deal either way, just thought I'd ask. Thanks again!

It looks like you've gotten some pretty comprehensive answers on this and the only thing I can add is a photo - this is from the Freedom, last year. Not all the 2-tops are this close but the majority are so you will feel "chummy" with the adjacent table. ;)

100_2224.jpg

It looks like you've gotten some pretty comprehensive answers on this and the only thing I can add is a photo - this is from the Freedom, last year. Not all the 2-tops are this close but the majority are so you will feel "chummy" with the adjacent table. ;)

100_2224.jpg

A picture says a 1000 words, and yes this is how the 2 person tables are on the ships, even the ones in the middle of the dining room as this close; it is not really private

I'm fairly new to cruising, so not sure how the etiquette would rule in this case, but would it be okay to ask for a private booth or 4 top and give a little "extra?" to the maitre'd? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my table mates on my last cruise, but just curious in case we aren't in the chatty mood that we usually are in!

I'm fairly new to cruising, so not sure how the etiquette would rule in this case, but would it be okay to ask for a private booth or 4 top and give a little "extra?" to the maitre'd? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my table mates on my last cruise, but just curious in case we aren't in the chatty mood that we usually are in!

Just ask early, get on line after you board and depending on what other people are requesting, often they will grant it without a problem. We find it doesn't matter if you tip of not, it more matters about the dining room itself and what other diners are requesting.

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

I hate these tables ...we have found on quite a few lines the tables for 2 are close .. and I am the one who has to decide if I want my butt to slide along the other table to get in and out or my front ... can never decide lol ..hubby is bigger so I get the squeeze!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived