Galapagos Xpedition July 2013

ginal

Cruise director was Bitinia Espinoza last trip.Three previous cruises it was Jorge Parrales whom I believe to be a bit better. There are about six naturalists and they rotate frequently...all are good.

Most important men are Hotel Director Fernando and maitre D' Mychal...incredible workers...hope you get them.

I've done both the original itinerary and "A".. In my opinion the best excursion by far is Punta Suarez ,Monday afternoon only on "A". best variety of creatures and th only plac you can see the waved albatross. The cliffs and blow hole are also beautiful...lots of Blue Footed and Nazca Boobies.

No shots are needed unless you travel Ecuador extensively.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope---no bathrooms on nature walks. This was a huge concern for my mom and me--but, the Pangas run constantly-so they will take you back to the ship anytime. (It was my husband who had to be run back!!!) He kept drinking coffee before the trips.

It Quito- plenty of potty breaks-but put a small pack of Kleenex in your backpack. Only one stop had to use my stash of paper. Remember TP paper is on the wall-not in the stalls, so grab it before you go in the stall.

On the two towns again take Kleenex or TP for room, most bathrooms had paper, but better safe than sorry.

If you are just doing Quito and Galapagos-NO shots... BUT if you are going anywhere else-YES. We went to a Passport Health to go over this, but our doctor would have been just a s good. In fact went to GP, said heading to Galapagos and he fixed us right up. Seasick patch, altitude sickness, etc.

Remember to get altitude sickness medicine. I STRESSED over this for months....so glad I took lots. It felt like tremendous sinus/headache. Everybody was using them especially the 2 days we stayed in Quito on return.

Thanks for the advice, got some Diamox for the altitude sickness and we are leaving Quito that night at 12:30am so we won't be there very long when we return from cruise. No shots, except flu shot and will bring extra charmin to go. Thanks for the advice

Archived