Booking Haven. Do we need Vibe passes?

diskids2

Family of five all adults booking haven on breakaway in August 2014. Do we need to also get passes to Vibe? First time cruisers and the more I read the mire questions I have but absolutely love CC and am learning so much!

I sailed with a party of eight in mid July in various Haven staterooms...the upper sundeck of the Haven was nearly always empty and lovely! OK...no waterfall/bar etc. but drink service and Haven pools just downstairs. Even though none of us used the pools except on the last night, I don't think you need anything other than the Haven.

Have a great cruise!!:)

We did not get the vibe passes because we were traveling with my teens and I did not think hubby and I would utilize them daily.

The op is correct as there were always tons of chairs in the haven available on the upper decks- inside and outside. We actually spent the sail away on the haven deck in a little "bed" chair. Staff were always coming around offering drinks etc. Great view. It really depends on why you want the vibe passes. If you are looking for an adult only area or just quiet space and a chair. :). Loved the Breakaway Haven. :)

We did not get the vibe passes because we were traveling with my teens and I did not think hubby and I would utilize them daily.

The op is correct as there were always tons of chairs in the haven available on the upper decks- inside and outside. We actually spent the sail away on the haven deck in a little "bed" chair. Staff were always coming around offering drinks etc. Great view. It really depends on why you want the vibe passes. If you are looking for an adult only area or just quiet space and a chair. :). Loved the Breakaway Haven. :)

Exactly. Wouldn't waste the money on Vibe.

I would suggest not to get passes for the vibe - I feel its no big deal if your in a Haven suite.- . The Haven suite guests get their own private pool area with a lounge which is beautiful

Hi. Im booked in an S4 on the Getaway for June. When you say the staff came around and offered drinks, were they included? Im in an OS on the Sky in March and some alcohol is included and delivered to the stateroom. Just wondering about the Haven.

Thank you very much b

My husband and I were on the 7/7 sailing on the Breakaway where we were in an S5 suite. There was never a problem getting chairs on the sun deck, even on sea days, no chair hogs at all!! Bar servers came around offering drinks for the normal charges you would pay in any bar.

My husband and I were on the 7/7 sailing on the Breakaway where we were in an S5 suite. There was never a problem getting chairs on the sun deck, even on sea days, no chair hogs at all!! Bar servers came around offering drinks for the normal charges you would pay in any bar.

That is very refreshing to hear! Thank you!

We were on the July 21 sailing and LOVED the Breakaway.

Looking forward to experiencing the Haven on the Getaway.

Was there a sailaway "party" for Haven guests?

Did you book specialty restaurants during the week with your concierge or did you prebook them and was there a problem. We booked 4 specialty restaurants prior to boarding the Breakaway and want to do about the same for Getaway.

Cannot wait!

Unfortunately there wasn't a sail away party for Haven guests. I pre booked Tepanyaki, Ocean Blue, Moderno and Cagneys with the per cruise concierge, but I like to pre plan, i didnt want to get shut out I know quite a few people booked their reservations with the concierge when they got on board and had no problem eating where and when they wanted so either way works. We had dinner 2 nights in the Haven Restaurant which we loved also and sushi the other night. The Haven experience was the best of any cruise we were ever on. We too are booked on the Getaway in Febuary in a 2 bedroom suite in the Haven area, I am counting the days!

That is very refreshing to hear! Thank you!

We were on the July 21 sailing and LOVED the Breakaway.

Looking forward to experiencing the Haven on the Getaway.

Was there a sailaway "party" for Haven guests?

Did you book specialty restaurants during the week with your concierge or did you prebook them and was there a problem. We booked 4 specialty restaurants prior to boarding the Breakaway and want to do about the same for Getaway.

Cannot wait!

No sail away party in the haven. :(

Everyone was just outside and the waiters kept coming by. :)

I pre- booked Cagneys, ocean blue and Teppanaki. I booked jungle fantasy when I got on board.

When we were all brought to the haven awaiting our rooms to be ready,many people were at the concierge desk booking. :)

Everyone is different but if I stayed in the haven again, I don't know if I would do all the pre- booking. In my opinion, It took away a little of the freestyle concept. That's just me. :). I also was making other plans around the booked restaurants. And the haven restaurant was really nice. I booked ocean blue for Saturday, an it was a bit rocky and no one felt their best. I know we did not enjoy it as much as if we felt one hundred percent. :(

What times did you feel were good to pre book for specialty restaurants if you were also going to go to a show after, like Rock of Ages or Burn The Floor?

It is hard to say because I booked Teppanaki at 5 since rock of ages was at 7. When they changed rock of ages to 630, I had to leave Teppanaki before dessert, to make rock of ages. And we got there at 625pm. They have a few rows blocked off for haven guests, so we got a seat getting there only five minutes before start time.

It's just my opinion, but I would either not book specialty on show nights, eat after the show or go to the garden cafe before for a quick bite . I do not like rushing but that's me. In the specialty or MDR, you can't be one thousand percent sure how quick your service will be. I never thought it would be over an hour and a half at Teppanaki, but it was. And if you have kids, you are more rushed if you are dropping them off before the show.

Others have said that if they tell their servers they have a show reservation, they speed things up a bit.

I don't want to be rushed or stressed on vacation. That's just me though. Others may feel different :)

Archived