Splendour of the Seas

Hi everyone! Next summer I am taking my first cruise on a non Voyager class ship, Splendour. We are staying in an aft JS and are super excited for this trip! I was just wondering what are some things to expect for differences, what are some favorite things about Splendour and if anyone wanted to share some AFT JS pictures with me !

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Next summer I am taking my first cruise on a non Voyager class ship, Splendour. We are staying in an aft JS and are super excited for this trip! I was just wondering what are some things to expect for differences, what are some favorite things about Splendour and if anyone wanted to share some AFT JS pictures with me !

Thanks!

I loved Splendour! My favourite things were the glass covered Solarium, and the delicious sandwiches at the Solarium cafe. We missed both of these things on Navigator, although we loved the ship itself. We also loved the fact it had so many windows. It made the ship feel very light. We were in a JS on Splendour, but it wasn't an aft one. It was great :)

I loved Splendour! My favourite things were the glass covered Solarium, and the delicious sandwiches at the Solarium cafe. We missed both of these things on Navigator, although we loved the ship itself. We also loved the fact it had so many windows. It made the ship feel very light. We were in a JS on Splendour, but it wasn't an aft one. It was great :)

The solarium is actually covered?! Thats neat! Is it still an adult area (primarily) ?

The solarium is actually covered?! Thats neat! Is it still an adult area (primarily) ?

Yes, all Vision class ships have covered solariums. The pool area is supposed to be for 16 and over, but the addition of Park Cafe tends to increase family traffic.

I enjoy the many indoor areas where you can see the sea (Cafe Latte-Tudes, the Centrum bar, etc.) I enjoy the outdoor seating area just behind the gym and the spa, away from the pool. I love the smaller and more intimate feel (though somehow it's still impossible to find a table in the Windjammer...) And I especially love the Splendour summer itineraries. Sailaway from Venice is fabulous!

Archived