Advise on cabin selection B3 Thanks

atlantic cruiser

Have option on Riviera of cabin 7004 or 7008,7009. Have no experience on this ship. Have read these can feel tunnel like in nature but that 7008,7009 avoids this by being angled. Could anyone elaborate, not sure how the view changes if any? Thanks

The verandas of the cabins forward of 7008/7009 are about three times as deep as a "standard" veranda

124426.jpg

at the point where the verandas get wider on deck 7, they are angled and have more exposure to the elements

125332.jpg

In the photograph above, deck 7 is at the level of the blue line, drawn on the side of the ship, and the angle of the veranda of 7009 is very evident.

Thank you for the information. This cabin would obviously be a better choice over 7004 as being more open correct?

That depends on when and where you are sailing. 7008/7009 have a more exposed orientation, but the wind can sometimes make a veranda inaccessible.

If your voyage places your veranda in "the open" more often than not, I'd try for something more sheltered.

P1010247small.jpg

Otherwise, go for it! :D

We were in 7004 on the Riviera Tahitian Breeze in April. 7004 is actually slightly smaller than the other B3 cabin 7115 we have been in. We were surprised. The wall that the desk is on juts outs another 6 to 8 inches narrowing the cabin. The deck was fine.

And how about 7000? I have a hold on it - the only available B3 with the larger deck - for Tahiti to Chile in 2014. I fear the anchor noise, since all ports are tendered and think the anchor will probably be dropping some time around 0630!

Any experience there? We had been in the forward-most stateroom on Regatta a few years ago and it was somewhat of an issue.

Thanks for your help.

Donna

And how about 7000? I have a hold on it - the only available B3 with the larger deck - for Tahiti to Chile in 2014. I fear the anchor noise' date=' since all ports are tendered and think the anchor will probably be dropping some time around 0630!

Any experience there? We had been in the forward-most stateroom on Regatta a few years ago and it was somewhat of an issue.

Thanks for your help.

Donna[/quote']

Noise didn't bother us but there was a lot of creaking etc. I have no idea about 7000. I don't know what is behind that cabin.

I have no idea about 7000. I don't know what is behind that cabin.
Yes you do, because it is printed clearly on the deck-plans.

140536.jpg Cabin 7002 is behind cabin 7000 in the sense that it is one cabin closer to the back of the ship.

The blank space on the plan in front of cabin 7000 is where the officers' cabins are located; each of which features an over-sized porthole.

062327.jpg

Yes you do, because it is printed clearly on the deck-plans.

I meant the big white blob of empty space which I didn't think of as in front of us. That's probably because I was always heading down the hall and the cabins were behind me. It doesn't say on the deck plans it was an officers quarters nor does it say that 7004 has that protruding wall. I never saw an officer come out of the door but I did see the cruise director go in and out.

I have no idea what you mean by "protruding wall" :confused::confused:

The wall behind the desk comes out into the cabin about 6 to 8 inches more than the rest of the wall so you lose some space. When we entered the cabin my husband asked me if this cabin was smaller than the others and I said it wasn't suppose to be. We thought it was strange since the space between the bed and the desk was very narrow compared to our previous cabins. It doesn't show on the deck plans. No big deal. The cabin is noisier than than the aft ones we have been in but noise doesn't bother us.

LOL, now I understand what you mean , but I miss the days when the cabins were NEVER uniform, and finding "the right one for you" was the most interesting part of booking any cruise.

001153.jpg170348.jpg

Imagine if you will, that all of the outside cabins in this pink deckplan (the Hanseatic), were sold at identical prices.

LOL, now I understand what you mean , but I miss the days when the cabins were NEVER uniform, and finding "the right one for you" was the most interesting part of booking any cruise.

001153.jpg170348.jpg

Imagine if you will, that all of the outside cabins in this pink deckplan (the Hanseatic), were sold at identical prices.

I have enough problems with fore and aft, port and whatever that other side is called let alone trying to figure out cabin size. I am just happy to be on the ship.

After looking on the deck plans and reading all of this I think any veranda cabin from 7011 to 7109 is not too good. Looking down you will see the top of the lifeboat, looking forward you will see the forward bump out, looking aft you will see the aft bump out.

Correct, plus 7111 & 7108 have an open side.

This is my FIRST post, so please "bear" with me. What do you mean that 7111 has an open side? From the picture it appears that one side is a solid wall, and the other side is a railing Is that correct? Or are both sides open with railings? That would be super, but it might infringe on the privacy of the cabin ahead, 7009.

Thanks in advance. This is our first cruise ever!! And we are booked into this room. I have many more questions on other subjects that I will post in the appropriate spots.

This is my FIRST post, so please "bear" with me. What do you mean that 7111 has an open side? From the picture it appears that one side is a solid wall, and the other side is a railing Is that correct? Or are both sides open with railings? That would be super, but it might infringe on the privacy of the cabin ahead, 7009.

Thanks in advance. This is our first cruise ever!! And we are booked into this room. I have many more questions on other subjects that I will post in the appropriate spots.

Cabin 7111: one side is a solid wall, opposite side is an open-railing. Front is open therefore 2 sides are open giving you an excellent view. You would have to be standing at the railing to infringe on their privacy. Here are some photos I took.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1720671&highlight=cabin+7111

I guess I did not realize that it had 3 sides. It looks fabulous, with 2 open railings.The TA said we must have gotten someone else's cancellation, as she was surprised that it was still available. So excited about our first cruise, and from what I am reading on CC, really glad we booked Oceania for our first cruise. Thanks for your reply Canuck QC.....Your picture link explained it perfectly!

Archived