Advise on cabin selection B3 Thanks

atlantic cruiser

We are in 7009 on the Marina in a few days in the Baltic. I will let you know what we find of that cabin, but in all honesty, our cruise is so very port intensive I don't know how much time we will be out there! My hope is for good weather, but given the region, who knows? :)

Either way, we are very excited for our first Oceania cruise!

I guess I did not realize that it had 3 sides. It looks fabulous, with 2 open railings.The TA said we must have gotten someone else's cancellation, as she was surprised that it was still available. So excited about our first cruise, and from what I am reading on CC, really glad we booked Oceania for our first cruise. Thanks for your reply Canuck QC.....Your picture link explained it perfectly!

Fabulous first cruise & cabin choice!! Don't forget to ask your cabin attendant for the loungers. We hoped to get the same cabin for our upcoming cruise but was not available, the word is out now & they book quickly. Join your RollCall for your cruise asap & share or join private tours, far less than ship tours. Enjoy your cruise, guaranteed it is the first of many with O.

BonVoyage!

Fabulous first cruise & cabin choice!! Don't forget to ask your cabin attendant for the loungers. We hoped to get the same cabin for our upcoming cruise but was not available, the word is out now & they book quickly. Join your RollCall for your cruise asap & share or join private tours, far less than ship tours. Enjoy your cruise, guaranteed it is the first of many with O.

BonVoyage!

When we booked several months ago (I'd say February?) it was till a B4 category so all the better! :) They are B3 starting soon (date escapes me). We are actually on the front end of the ship in 7009, and I didn't read closely enough and thought you were responding to moi! Anyways, that ship looks amazing and we are very excited.

When we booked several months ago (I'd say February?) it was till a B4 category so all the better! :) They are B3 starting soon (date escapes me). We are actually on the front end of the ship in 7009, and I didn't read closely enough and thought you were responding to moi! Anyways, that ship looks amazing and we are very excited.

corpkid-Ce message est pour toi! you are going going to love the Marina, and 7009 looks like it has great open sided views...I understand why they changed the cabin class on extended balconies. I will watch for your review, enjoy your cruise.

Thanks all who participated in this thread with comments, explanations and photos, it is very informative. I was able to contact my travel agent and get us changed from cabin 7109, a B4 with a regular balcony, to 7108 with the extended balcony and one open side.

Cheers to you!

Of these on the whole ship fore and aft 7009/ 7109 and 7008/7109

My preference due to wind burble is 7008 on the sunset side of our cruise Tahiti to NY. I had to book the day the cruise opened to get it. There are only 4 of these open sided beauties...

I'm thinking you meant 7009/7111 and 7008/7108....

What I like with 7008/7009 is that you have a balcony 3 times the size of others. Larger than even penthouse suites . It has the dual advantage of a balcony, an aft cabin and a terrific extended view along the whole ship.

The forward superstructure acting as a wind deflector and being near the bow one gets to enjoy the view of the bow splay and feeling of at sea.

Dan,

I don't think you meant to refer to 7008 and 7009 as aft cabins. Perhaps you meant they had an aft-facing view?

The lucky people in those cabins will appreciate the balcony space and the wind block of the cabins that precede it. (I had cabins on the front of the Princess "hump" once thinking it would give great views, but there were incredibly windy when the ship was moving.) The best balcony for sun, shade, and other elements i have ever had was the crown loft I just had on Allure of the Seas - hands down!

THAT TYPE Of balcony did seem tunnellike to me.

With the exception of the 4 open sided cabins they are slightly more shaded. In my experience this effect is well worth the space for the 2 loungers and all for a B3$. The shaded/tunnel area nearer the doors is very welcome for warm weather itineraries plus you get more than enough sun on the half nearer the railing. We are disappointed we couldn't get an extended balcony for our upcoming cruise.

Archived