Vantage/Getaway pricing for January

Cristaltips

I've been looking at a cruise to the Caribbean for January for a week or two. Hadn't booked it as I needed to sort out work etc beforehand. I notice this weekend that Getaway fares have been brought in for this particular cruise and the prices have gone totally haywire. I'll try to explain. Last year we stupidly paid a "Future cruise deposit" of £50 each whilst on ship and to get the benefit of that, have to book a Vantage fare. This weekend, the balcony cabins that were £2149 (GC grade) are marked as "Sold out". A GE grade has come in at the same price but is only on a guarantee basis. So if I want to use my future cruise deposit with a Vantage fare, and pick my cabin, I now need to go up to the next grade (GA) and pay £2289.

Do P & O want to keep their customers? It doesnt look like it to me.

This subject has been done to death on here - there are literally 30 or 40 threads all about the new fare structure. I think I will be speaking for the majority to suggest you write off the £50 early booking money and look for the best Getaway deal. And these may well continue to fall - watch closely as they can rise too !! But unless there are very specific reasons for you wanting to book a vantage fare I would look for best Getaway price.

That's the point. I don't want a Getaway. I work hard all year and for my main holiday I want to know where my cabin will be and book the dining option I want. If I'm doing a cheapie as a last minute extra holiday, that's a different issue. BUT I do not intend to be manipulated by P & O into paying more and more for a Vantage. The £50 isn't really the issue here although nobody wants to lose £50 these days.

Well you have already answered your own question. You just have to bite the bullet and pay the money. And don't expect a reduction later - no one has so far ever reported a vantage fare ever being reduced.

Have a great holiday.

I've been looking at a cruise to the Caribbean for January for a week or two. Hadn't booked it as I needed to sort out work etc beforehand. I notice this weekend that Getaway fares have been brought in for this particular cruise and the prices have gone totally haywire. I'll try to explain. Last year we stupidly paid a "Future cruise deposit" of £50 each whilst on ship and to get the benefit of that, have to book a Vantage fare. This weekend, the balcony cabins that were £2149 (GC grade) are marked as "Sold out". A GE grade has come in at the same price but is only on a guarantee basis. So if I want to use my future cruise deposit with a Vantage fare, and pick my cabin, I now need to go up to the next grade (GA) and pay £2289.

Disappointing but not surprising, another set of customers P&O are alienating. Long live these threads, why should poor business practice be ignored. P&O have a lot of thinking to do to get it right before schedules for 2015/16 are released. They have a lot of ground to make up. Another ship on the way and passenger satisfaction decreasing by the minute. Before the flaming starts. They have to compete in a market that is growing and that means not alienating swathes of the cruising population.

Sorry, what is the gripe. Are you complaining the prices have risen before you could book? Or that The guarantee prices are higher why mention GE. You say the only ones available are GA, so the rest are sold. Or are there lower ones at a getaway price.???

Gan Canny

Dai

Sorry, what is the gripe. Are you complaining the prices have risen before you could book? Or that The guarantee prices are higher why mention GE. You say the only ones available are GA, so the rest are sold. Or are there lower ones at a getaway price.???

It must be nice to always view the world from your P & O rose tinted glasses. I'm not prepared to get into a debate with you. Others seem to understand what I mean. Let's just wait and see how it all pans out, shall we?

It must be nice to always view the world from your P & O rose tinted glasses. I'm not prepared to get into a debate with you. Others seem to understand what I mean. Let's just wait and see how it all pans out, shall we?

I still cannot see your problems whichever glasses I wear. You seem to be complaining that you cannot use your FCD because the band of cabins you want is sold out and you would have to pay for a higher priced cabin how is that the fault of P&O. And how is that anything to me likening P&O.?

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

Archived