Trip Cancellation Insurance Only

cruise10000

Almost all of the major insurers offer what you are asking. Travel Insured, TravelGard, etc. You could compare at places such as http://www.insuremytrip.com

Having said that, let me share my experience with my medical insurance provider. I also have international coverage. I asked specifically the following questions,,, and the answers.

1. Do you cover medical evacuation? YES, but only to the nearest facility

2. If I need follow up care, will you cover transportation back home to hospital of my choice? NO,,, see answer to question 1

3. If I don't have the funds to pay up front, will you provide documentation as proof of ability to pay? NO

4. If I happen to die, will you pay for or reimburse for repatriation of my remains? NO

5. Coverage will only be reimbursed at 50% for Out Of Network Coverage.

With all that being said, I still purchase medical coverage when traveling

Almost all of the major insurers offer what you are asking. Travel Insured, TravelGard, etc. You could compare at places such as www.insuremytrip.com

Having said that, let me share my experience with my medical insurance provider. I also have international coverage. I asked specifically the following questions,,, and the answers.

1. Do you cover medical evacuation? YES, but only to the nearest facility

2. If I need follow up care, will you cover transportation back home to hospital of my choice? NO,,, see answer to question 1

3. If I don't have the funds to pay up front, will you provide documentation as proof of ability to pay? NO

4. If I happen to die, will you pay for or reimburse for repatriation of my remains? NO

5. Coverage will only be reimbursed at 50% for Out Of Network Coverage.

With all that being said, I still purchase medical coverage when traveling

I always buy the full package as thewell . Some medical plans only give you a lifetime amount for overseas insurance.

Archived