Early check-in or Luggage drop off question

kiramoli

How much should a cab be from the airport in BCN to the pier and should we convert money ahead of time for that as I am assuming they do not want USD.m

Depending on traffic, plan about 30 minutes from airport to dock. Cost is <$50US, depending on your luggage, including tip. And, yes, they expect Euros, not US $. Your local bank should easily be able to make the conversion (depending on the amount you're exchanging), just make sure there isn't a lead time needed (if you're in a small town and they have to "order" it). If you wait until the Barcelona airport moneychangers, you will typically pay a higher exchange fee.

Depending on traffic, plan about 30 minutes from airport to dock. Cost is <$50US, depending on your luggage, including tip. And, yes, they expect Euros, not US $. Your local bank should easily be able to make the conversion (depending on the amount you're exchanging), just make sure there isn't a lead time needed (if you're in a small town and they have to "order" it). If you wait until the Barcelona airport moneychangers, you will typically pay a higher exchange fee.

Or you can find an ATM at the airport (usually not a problem) and get the money there (my bank doesn't charge me any ATM fees).

You will be charged for every suitcase in the trunk (even the "little" hand bags) - don't be surprised by this. The fares can vary widely - depending on route taken, traffic and the honesty of the can driver - think NYC taxis before fixed rate were introduced.

During one of our stays in Barcelona we had 4 separate trips to the airport (one was for a short visit to Mallorca) and we paid 4 very different prices :( Unless things have changed since then and they too have fixed prices?

Definitely no US$ - Euros only.

You will be charged for every suitcase in the trunk (even the "little" hand bags) - don't be surprised by this.

The "...in the trunk..." portion raises an interesting question.

Are you allowed to bring the smaller carry-ons in the body of the taxi for no charge, then? There would be plenty of room for me, a rolling carry-on, a tote, and my purse.

The "...in the trunk..." portion raises an interesting question.

Are you allowed to bring the smaller carry-ons in the body of the taxi for no charge, then? There would be plenty of room for me, a rolling carry-on, a tote, and my purse.

Yes, you are (and should), though I am not sure about the carry-on; tote & purse, no problem. You can always try the carry-on as well.

Here is a site that may answer many of your questions about taxis in BCN:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/transport/taxi/00-taxi.html

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-spain-transport.html

See you in BCN Ruth :)

Archived