Wednesday Night Hamilton Street Fair transportation

acctgtogo

Is it possible to go to the Wednesday evening street fair in Hamilton and still be able to use the ferry to return to the Dockyard or does the last ferry return too early? The ship has round trip transportation, but it is quite expensive.

Thanks.

In past years they've run additional, later ferry service from Hamilton to Dockyard during Harbour Nights. Although I haven't read anything specifically about this year, I suspect the same is true.

Thank you - I hope they run additional ferries, too. $29 round trip pp is a bit steep. The ferry would be a lot cheaper.

if no ferrys I would assume that taxis are available.does anyone have a opinion about taxis back to dockyard

Aside from the fact that taxis are more expensive than a ferry, and the trip takes longer; but you'll have door to door service, sort of. The fare, for up to 4 passengers, would be about $40.00 if the trip is started before mid-night. I think taxis are fine and if you are lucky, you may get a talkative driver.

SBtS

We went to Harbour Nights last Wed. Aug 7. The event is from 6PM to 9PM, and the ferries leave Hamilton every hour, with the last one leaving at 9:30 - so it wasn't an issue.

Thank you so much for the information. It is exactly what I needed to know.

We will be in Bermuda on October 9th. Do they still do the street fair then?

Thanks.

Right now, Harbour Nights will run until Wednesday August 28, 2013 unless extended; so far there have been no annoucements that it has. Check this forum regularly, it will be posted here.

SBtS

Archived