Regatta, Insignia and Nautica refurb info.

computerworks

(11:43 a.m. EDT) -- Oceania Cruises will invest $50 million to upgrade three of its small cruise ships during a six-week dry dock next year that will see the suites, staterooms and most public rooms transformed.

The refurbishments to Regatta, Insignia and Nautica will include completely new bathrooms in the ships' Owner's and Vista suites, as well as an overhaul of the casual dining venue the Terrace Cafe and the addition of the Baristas coffee bar.

Additionally, the ships' only indoor smoking areas will be completely enclosed and an air filtration system added. The ships' restaurants, the Grand Dining Room and Toscana, will be expanded with more tables for two. And the Canyon Ranch SpaClubs will receive new steam and changing rooms.

"We are excited by the opportunity to bring some of the best features of our O-class ships to Regatta, Insignia and Nautica," Kunal S. Kamlani, president of Oceania Cruises said in a statement announcing the changes.

The dry docks are scheduled for April 24 to June 6, 2014, with Insignia and Nautica being refurbished in Marseilles, France, and Regatta in Vancouver, Canada. Insignia will debut May 8, 2014 in Barcelona, its first sailing for Oceania after a two-year charter. Nautica will return to service May 16 in Civitavecchia and Regatta will return from dry dock June 7 from Vancouver.

If they are adding space to Toscana and the GDR, what happens to Polo? I think I know the answer ...

I agree another laundry room would be nice but I don't find the lack of a second one to be a disincentive. I've never had problems getting a machine, you just have to go when fewer people are doing so ... A sea day is not one of those times!

Mura

I

I agree another laundry room would be nice but I don't find the lack of a second one to be a disincentive. I've never had problems getting a machine, you just have to go when fewer people are doing so ... A sea day is not one of those times!

Mura

Agree

I am excited about the changes and being back on Nautica in July 2014.

"The ships will receive a $50m upgrade in a six-week timeframe that includes the refurbishment of suites, staterooms and select public rooms, some in the colors and décor/style found on the new Marina and Riviera. "

The above quote from todays Seatrade Insider seems to indicate that staterooms (all?) will get some attention during the drydocks- not just the suites. Can someone who knows, e.g.

FDR, indicate if all staterooms will get some upgrading and the details of what is planned.

We too are very interested to see how the ships are 'refurbished' and we'll have a chance to compare we will get off Nautica on March 10th and get back on July 13th!! With a Baristas and a grill in Terraces, that alone should be great. Now if we could get bigger bathrooms!! We'll see.:rolleyes:Arlene

We too are very interested to see how the ships are 'refurbished' and we'll have a chance to compare we will get off Nautica on March 10th and get back on July 13th!! With a Baristas and a grill in Terraces, that alone should be great. Now if we could get bigger bathrooms!! We'll see.:rolleyes:Arlene

Arlene,

Your first two wishes will probably come true.

The third one? Not very likely :(

Paul

I was glad to read that they are "enclosing" the smokers in Horizons - as they do on the O class ships.

I believe they are going one step beyond O class ships by completely enclosing the smoking area ( with closed doors?) and ventilation.

O class ships do not have a closed in space for smokers.

I believe they are going one step beyond O class ships by completely enclosing the smoking area ( with closed doors?) and ventilation.

O class ships do not have a closed in space for smokers.

What they have on Marina is better than what they have had on R -- at least the partial enclosure helps. CLOSED DOORS - I'll vote for that. LOL

Sept 6th leaving from Barcelona will be our very first Oceania cruise (we are Belgian and were hesitating because my husband doesn't speak much English).

We will be on the Nautica.

Our travel agent recommended this saying the ship, the food, ...just everything was great and now we read the ship is due for refurbishing.

We took a "concierge" level cabin.

Can anyone re-assure me that we will be satisfied?

Thanks.

Polo Grill stays as on the "O" class ships.

The Grill in the Terraces Cafe is like on O class ships and additional to the Polo Grill .

From Oceania Media Release : " Oceania Cruises' flagship restaurant, the Grand Dining Room as well as Toscana, the line's Italian restaurant will be expanded with more tables for two. "

Badly worded just Corporate "spin" to say that the Main Dining Room and Toscana the number of tables for two persons will be increased .

Sept 6th leaving from Barcelona will be our very first Oceania cruise (we are Belgian and were hesitating because my husband doesn't speak much English).

Our travel agent recommended this saying the ship, the food, ...just everything was great and now we read the ship is due for refurbishing.

Thanks.

I can reassure you that there is nothing wrong with the ship. Oceania shipa are routinely refurbished in drydock every couple of years; that's why they are always in great condition. The refurbishing being discussed is special because it includes some things brand new to the ships.

Lemailu,

I agree with Don.

Don't worry about the ship's condition - she is just fine.

Chances are very good that you will enjoy the cruise. In fact, you may not want to sail with another cruise line after Oceania :)

Bon voyage.

Thanks.

I was on Nautica in May for 3 weeks (my third time on her)

My favorite O ship -- in fine condition. The refurbishing is just going to make you want to sail on her again.

Nautica (and Regatta and Insignia) are not glitzy new ships with climbing walls, surf ponds, light enclosed discos and a mega-shopping strip. They are traditional, elegant ships with an ambiance that is more residential in nature. Having been on the Celebrity Solstice recently, after having not sailed except on O for a number of years, I was reminded of those differences. I prefer the quieter and more relaxing residential nature of O at this time in my life. I would not have made the same choice 20-30 years ago. Only you can make the decision about your choice of ambience.

However, rest assured all O's ships are immaculately maintained, and we have always found any needed repair item reported to the room steward or butler has been handled promptly. I'm excited at the concept of a Baristas and the additional capabilities being added to the Terrace Cafe on the R ships. But they are enhancements, not needed repairs or updating.

Sail Nautica with a carefree mind and enjoy!

Is Nautica a new ship? No. But she is like Lauren Hutton - a beautiful and classy lady, no matter her age!

I would vote to drop Toscana, in favor of the wildly popular Red Ginger.

It would be the perfect mix of variety and lite dining rather than the heavy Italian venue

They could very easily offer both Polo and Toscana in the main dining room on some nights.:rolleyes:

Archived