Advantages to booking next cruise on board and kids sail free

trajan

Hi,

We are sailing on the Jewel Sept 21 Van to LA, two families with 3 kids in total. I've read about the advantages to booking onboard and I understand some promos can be carried over. I'm doubting this is the case but would the kids sail free promo carry over to a new booking or would we simply be giving them a deposit and then, our choice, waiting till next year when kids sail free comes back? And are there any other advantages you can negotiate for while on board? The cruise we would like to book is the Sun May 13 LA to Vancouver. Ty for any replies!

You don't actually book a cruise on board. The purchase a future cruise credit for $250. They immediately give you an on board credit for $100 to offset part of the cost.

You then have 4 years to sail. Wait until a sale comes up that you like and use the FCC as the deposit on your cabin.

Actually you posted the link for the official info for Norwegian's Freestyle Cruise Rewards (FCR). There is no current Future Cruise Reward (FCR) Program. Yes, I know many on CC call it that but it using the correct name helps to avoid confusion.

Actually you posted the link for the official info for Norwegian's Freestyle Cruise Rewards (FCR). There is no current Future Cruise Reward (FCR) Program. Yes, I know many on CC call it that but it using the correct name helps to avoid confusion.

Yep, you're completely right. Just waken up it seems that even I, always trying to use the correct name, can mix it up. :D :D

Hi,

We are sailing on the Jewel Sept 21 Van to LA, two families with 3 kids in total. I've read about the advantages to booking onboard and I understand some promos can be carried over. I'm doubting this is the case but would the kids sail free promo carry over to a new booking or would we simply be giving them a deposit and then, our choice, waiting till next year when kids sail free comes back? And are there any other advantages you can negotiate for while on board? The cruise we would like to book is the Sun May 13 LA to Vancouver. Ty for any replies!

Bookings cannot be done on board while sailing. You can only buy up to 4 cruise rewards per cabin for future cruises and get up to $400 credit immediately. So you are essentially paying $150.00 per cruise reward. Please note that these vouchers expire in 4 years.

Bookings cannot be done on board while sailing. You can only buy up to 4 cruise rewards per cabin for future cruises and get up to $400 credit immediately. So you are essentially paying $150.00 per cruise reward. Please note that these vouchers expire in 4 years.

Actually you can buy up to 4 cruise rewards per person. I know as we bought 6 one time between DH and I for an upcoming family cruise and a couple spares for us.;):D

Actually you can buy up to 4 cruise rewards per person. I know as we bought 6 one time between DH and I for an upcoming family cruise and a couple spares for us.;):D

Someone will probably ask, so here is the answer.... you can use only ONE per cabin. Would be great if you could use multiple... but they are not that stupid.

Archived