Bringing soda/water onto the ship

4evercruiser

Depending on how many bottles you are bringing and if you are flying into port or driving, use either a carryon bag or get one of those collaspible luggage carts. Some of the sturdier ones will easily hold a case of water (16 oz sizes) and a case of sodas stacked on top of each other. Just remeber this has to go through security screening with you and some screeners will open cardboard cases and check each can or will look at each bottle in a six pack and shake a shrinkwrapped case of water.

I learned the hard way... Security will open your 12 pack of diet cokes and check each can. Then you are suck with an opened box of diet cokes to carry around, while keeping in the upright position. And they will also open your sealed case or 12 pack of water. It is really a hassle to try to keep the water together without the plastic around it.

So now I just put my 12 pack or water in my small rolling suitcase, that way it doesn't matter if they open the box or case... I can just close the suitcase and roll it onboard...

Bon Voyage, enjoy your cruise

Lately I just open my 12 pack up and put the individual cans in the rolling suitcase along with the wine. That way they don't have to go through the process of opening and putting them back in. I've noticed that they don't even seem to glance at it that way, but will take the entire package apart if I bring on unopened.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks, everyone. We have a small roll on suitcase that we will probably use to carry on our drinks. We plan on bringing on a 12-pack of soda and water. Luckily we live close to the cruise terminal and won't have to worry about flying and having luggage restrictions.

We didn't carry-on our soda or water. We taped our room tag on the bottles of coke and case of water, and left it with the porters. Both of these arrived at our room - no problem at all - and we didn't have to carry the soda or water with us while we waited for our room to get ready.

We didn't carry-on our soda or water. We taped our room tag on the bottles of coke and case of water, and left it with the porters. Both of these arrived at our room - no problem at all - and we didn't have to carry the soda or water with us while we waited for our room to get ready.

I thought you were not allowed to do this anymore?

I thought you were not allowed to do this anymore?

Technically you're not supposed to do that anymore because if something breaks open it could run into several suitcases and then Carnival is on the hook to fix the problem. I'm surprised they let it on that way.

Oh no......... No one said anything to us this past spring about leaving our soda and water with our larger luggage for the porters. Maybe things have changed since then? I had read to not pack soda or water in luggage in case the porters would toss it and then you would have a leak. If they can see what it is, they wouldn't throw it around???

Oh noooo... I had planned to bring our sodas in a rolling duffel bag but we were going to leave them in the unopened cardbox box (they're the refrigerator cases that hold 12 cans). I am guessing that we have to take them out of the boxes and pack them individually in the duffel bag?

A bit OT, but does Carnival have a restriction on the amount of soft drinks/soda that can be carried on? I only drink Diet Pepsi & drink a lot of it. A week of drinking Diet Coke doesn't appeal to me. Could I bring on 2 or 3 12 packs of Diet Pepsi, if we go with Carnival? TIA

I've got this whole water/ soda thing down to a science. I pack a collapsible duffle bag in my carry on suitcase. When we get to the airport, while hubby waits for our checked bag at the baggage claim, I move my stuff out of the carry on and into the duffle bag, which leaves the rolling carry on suitcase empty. Then, we buy a case of water and a 12 pack of soda on the way to the port. I take them out of their packaging and they all fit perfectly in the rolling suitcase. Easy peasy.

:)

Janis

12 bottles or cans per person. Each bottle or can can hold up to 20 ounces, so to maximize your diet Pepsi, get twelve 20oz bottles (or 24 if you can talk someone going with you to take 12 of yours).

Look at it as a chance to try something new like Coke zero. It really does taste different from diet Coke.

Oh - and while we are OT, take time to read up on Carnival's web site. What you can and can't take on board is all covered there.

12 bottles or cans per person. Each bottle or can can hold up to 20 ounces, so to maximize your diet Pepsi, get twelve 20oz bottles (or 24 if you can talk someone going with you to take 12 of yours).

Look at it as a chance to try something new like Coke zero. It really does taste different from diet Coke.

Oh - and while we are OT, take time to read up on Carnival's web site. What you can and can't take on board is all covered there.

Thanks for the info. I can get DH & DS to take some too.

At the moment, I'm researching which cruise line to book for our DS's (21) Christmas gift. I think we've narrowed it down to CCL & NCL. Those seem to be the best fit for him. When we decide which to book, I'll be reading like crazy. :p Beverage options are one of our many considerations, so I'm looking into that now. We've been discussing CCL's Cheers program. If we can carry my drinks on, we may only purchase the program for DS. He'll have his own cabin, so that shouldn't be a problem. DH & I will purchase our wine as we go. We would never drink 15 alcoholic drinks each & DH is happy with coffee & tea. DS would drink enough non-alcoholic drinks to make the package worth it, even if he doesn't drink his daily allotment of alcoholic beverages.

I've got this whole water/ soda thing down to a science. I pack a collapsible duffle bag in my carry on suitcase. When we get to the airport, while hubby waits for our checked bag at the baggage claim, I move my stuff out of the carry on and into the duffle bag, which leaves the rolling carry on suitcase empty. Then, we buy a case of water and a 12 pack of soda on the way to the port. I take them out of their packaging and they all fit perfectly in the rolling suitcase. Easy peasy.

:)

Janis

This is exactly how we do it! We always fly in a day early and I repack the luggage in the hotel the night before. I'm going to try FTTF this time so it should be much easier!

Archived