Intense Cardio Classes??

Does anyone know if the classes offered on the Caribbeam Princess are sweat your booty off intense? I am fitness instructor and always love a good class. Please inform if you have done any of the classes including Spinning .Many Thanks!!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

for gym music and workout music, I recommend european dance music.......

it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...

.....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ;) ....

.... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+

• 10 months later...

This will be my 4th princess cruise and although I love cruising because I can spend a couple hours at the gym, I am disappointed with most of the classes. The fitness instructors that I have had, didn't really seem to make us want to work hard. Every single one of them I thought was just going through the motions. In my opinion, they wanted to have you come and do the paying stuff, and the free stuff was on the back burner. I was also dissapointed that I have to pay for yoga and pilates classes, when to me, the instructors are there full time, they should be doing it for free. I understand paying for the spinning, because of the cost of the bikes, and getting dedicated spinners a bkie in the limited slots, but come on... paying for yoga and pilates!

• 2 weeks later...
This will be my 4th princess cruise and although I love cruising because I can spend a couple hours at the gym, I am disappointed with most of the classes. The fitness instructors that I have had, didn't really seem to make us want to work hard. Every single one of them I thought was just going through the motions. In my opinion, they wanted to have you come and do the paying stuff, and the free stuff was on the back burner. I was also dissapointed that I have to pay for yoga and pilates classes, when to me, the instructors are there full time, they should be doing it for free. I understand paying for the spinning, because of the cost of the bikes, and getting dedicated spinners a bkie in the limited slots, but come on... paying for yoga and pilates!

Based on this I would suggest to the OP that they jump on a treadmill or eliptical to get their cardio.

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know if the classes offered on the Caribbeam Princess are sweat your booty off intense? I am fitness instructor and always love a good class. Please inform if you have done any of the classes including Spinning .Many Thanks!!

No info on Princess, but I was on a transatlantic cruise on Celebrity Century last spring. As is typical of longer cruises, the average passenger age was older. I was amazed at how strenuous the free exercise classes were. The instructors were not unpleasant but they really pushed people to give it their all. I think they were lucky no one croaked in class.

Archived