Key West Pub Crawl suggestions needed

cruising mickey

Hello,

Fiance and I are booked on the Carnival Breeze (05/04/14) and will be in KW on our first port day. We're planning on doing a self guided pub crawl and are wondering which bars people would recommend as ones not to miss:confused:.

Thanks in advance

Schooner Wharf

Irish Kevins

Green Parrott

Captain Tony's

Hogs Breath

And find the Chart Room:)

If you're in the mood for some food at some point, Jack Flats or Flying Monkey. Jack Flats has some of the better bar food, Flying Monkey has outdoor seating so you can people watch on Duval Street.

Schooner Wharf

Irish Kevins

Green Parrott

Captain Tony's

Hogs Breath

If you're in the mood for some food at some point, Jack Flats or Flying Monkey. Jack Flats has some of the better bar food, Flying Monkey has outdoor seating so you can people watch on Duval Street.

Excellent suggestions above!

Irish Kevin's is more fun by day than many which tend to be sort of dead because of the piano bar. :D

Normally, Hog's Breath has a guy playing Jimmy Buffet sort of music in the bar area. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Excellent suggestions above!

Irish Kevin's is more fun by day than many which tend to be sort of dead because of the piano bar. :D

Normally, Hog's Breath has a guy playing Jimmy Buffet sort of music in the bar area. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Thanks for the moral support:D Yes Irish Kevins can always be counted on for entertainment:)

Schooner Wharf

Irish Kevins

Green Parrott

Captain Tony's

Hogs Breath

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions, they have all been greatly appreciated and taken under consideration. Working with my fiance, we have now come up with a dry run route. Please let me know any thoughts / suggestions as to the good / bad / etc. of our route (any thing that should be replaced, etc). Here goes:

Schooner Wharf Bar - apps and drinks

Conch Republic - drinks only

Sloppy Joe's - apps and drinks

Turtle Kraals - drinks only

DJ's Clam Shack - lunch

Flying Monkeys or LaTiDa

We also want to visit (to take pictures only) at:

Southernmost Point

Hemingway Houwe

Truman's Little White House

Again, any suggestions on how to improve this route will be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Just personal opinions:

Go for Sloppy Joes if you must, everyone does. But it's just a loud tourist joint. I'd still recommend Captain Tony's over it.

Same goes for Conch Republic - loud tourist place. Good luck getting good service at the bar.

I would still recommend fitting Irish Kevins into the mix.

If you like frozen drinks, the Flying Monkey and Fat Tuesdays are good. As well as the already mentioned places. I might actually be on the same cruise :))) Pub Crawl is a ton of fun.

Everyone's providing such valuable information, it's so great. Thanks so much. Bluerose......hope you do book the cruise and let me know if you do:)

Just personal opinions:

Go for Sloppy Joes if you must, everyone does. But it's just a loud tourist joint. I'd still recommend Captain Tony's over it.

Same goes for Conch Republic - loud tourist place. Good luck getting good service at the bar.

I would still recommend fitting Irish Kevins into the mix.

Just as a FYI,

We only chose Conch Republic since someone at work gave me a 2-for-1 drink coupon for there:o

I like Garbo's Grill for lunch - it's just a little silver cart, and you sit outside on benches or coolers, but the food is really fresh! Fish Tacos, Brie & Mango Quesadilla's are exceptional! But my son & husband liked DJ's Lobster Rolls when we went there (I prefer my lobster hot, with lemon & butter!) To me, Flying Monkey has better frozen drinks than Fat Tuesday, plus, you can go to Fat Tuesday anywhere. A lot of people like the shirts at Hogs Breath for a souvenir, they are really soft- Let us know what you decide to do!

I just returned from a long weekedn trip to KW with my husband for our anniversay and was also obsessed with the perfect bar crawl. what I found worked better was just strolling around and when we got hungry or thirsty, went somewhere :D.

The trip was mid June and thinking back now, the places that really stick out for me as being quintessentially KW (in my mind) are

BO's for lunch and Schooner Wharf (we had food there, but it was just OK) as they were very low key and non-touristy. We liked the drinks at Conch Republic but it felt very commercial.

We also did enjoy our drinks/time spent at Irish Kevin's, Hog's Breath and Sloppy Joe's. My piece of advice would be to avoid feelilng pressured to hit all the spots. That's how I started the trip and wasn't able to enjoy myself in the moment. When I slowed myself down and we just popped into wherever we were, it felt better. There were places I intended to go and missed, but loved the places we did wind up so all is good. Enjoy your trip!!

Dana

I just returned from a long weekedn trip to KW with my husband for our anniversay and was also obsessed with the perfect bar crawl. what I found worked better was just strolling around and when we got hungry or thirsty, went somewhere :D.

The trip was mid June and thinking back now, the places that really stick out for me as being quintessentially KW (in my mind) are

BO's for lunch and Schooner Wharf (we had food there, but it was just OK) as they were very low key and non-touristy. We liked the drinks at Conch Republic but it felt very commercial.

We also did enjoy our drinks/time spent at Irish Kevin's, Hog's Breath and Sloppy Joe's. My piece of advice would be to avoid feelilng pressured to hit all the spots. That's how I started the trip and wasn't able to enjoy myself in the moment. When I slowed myself down and we just popped into wherever we were, it felt better. There were places I intended to go and missed, but loved the places we did wind up so all is good. Enjoy your trip!!

Dana

Great Advice Dana. So much to see.....so little time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived