first cruise!! first post!!

sphall

Hey!

I've lurked on these boards for years and this is the first time that I'm posting.

I can't believe that I'm finally going on a cruise after so many years of hoping, planning and lurking.

Here's the question. We leave on Aug. 26th on the Enchantment of the Seas for a quick 4 day cruise. We are flying in on the 25th to MCO. I know about the hotels at the port and shuttles etc. I just don't know how to get from MCO to the hotel and back to the airport. Do we rent and drop off at the rental place and then how do we get to the hotel? Then after the cruise how do we get from the port to the car rental again?

Am I being a total newbie and it should be obvious?

Thanks so much!:)

Hey!

I've lurked on these boards for years and this is the first time that I'm posting.

I can't believe that I'm finally going on a cruise after so many years of hoping, planning and lurking.

Here's the question. We leave on Aug. 26th on the Enchantment of the Seas for a quick 4 day cruise. We are flying in on the 25th to MCO. I know about the hotels at the port and shuttles etc. I just don't know how to get from MCO to the hotel and back to the airport. Do we rent and drop off at the rental place and then how do we get to the hotel? Then after the cruise how do we get from the port to the car rental again?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Frankly, I think it's much easier to just take a cab instead of messing around with car rentals.

You should join the Roll Call for your cruise. This will give you the chance to speak with other people on your cruise about excursions, the ship and many other things.

Here is the link for your Roll Call for the August 26 Enchantment cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700978

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

Hey!

If you rent a car at MCO and drive to Port Canaveral and stay at a hotel there, you might want to keep the car until the following morning (morning of your cruise). If there are a number of people and/or luggage in your party, the easiest thing to do is drop off the people and luggage at the pier and then drive over and return the car (car rental places are very close to pier). Then the car rental company will take you back to the pier. Your luggage will already be on its way to your cabin and your family can wait for you in the building (easier to check in together). When you return from the cruise, do the same thing. (We - 5 of us- had to wait for ages to get all of us and luggage onto the rental car shuttle along with 50 or so other people. That's why it is easier for one person without luggage to get the car.) Returning a rental at MCO is very easy. It is well signed and the rental car company representatives are in the parking deck ready to sign in the cars and get you on your way (I don't think it took 5 minutes).

Have a great cruise!

If you rent a car at MCO and drive to Port Canaveral and stay at a hotel there, you might want to keep the car until the following morning (morning of your cruise). If there are a number of people and/or luggage in your party, the easiest thing to do is drop off the people and luggage at the pier and then drive over and return the car (car rental places are very close to pier). Then the car rental company will take you back to the pier. Your luggage will already be on its way to your cabin and your family can wait for you in the building (easier to check in together). When you return from the cruise, do the same thing. (We - 5 of us- had to wait for ages to get all of us and luggage onto the rental car shuttle along with 50 or so other people. That's why it is easier for one person without luggage to get the car.) Returning a rental at MCO is very easy. It is well signed and the rental car company representatives are in the parking deck ready to sign in the cars and get you on your way (I don't think it took 5 minutes).

Have a great cruise!

We always rent a car in Orlando and drive to PC. My DW likes to hit the outlet malls prior to the cruise.:( Lots of deals to be found on shoes, clothes and suitcases.:eek:

Thanks for all the replies!

I think that we'll definitely rent the car to the Hotel, but what about after the cruise? We leave in the afternoon from MCO. How do we get to the rental place?

Thanks for all the replies!

I think that we'll definitely rent the car to the Hotel, but what about after the cruise? We leave in the afternoon from MCO. How do we get to the rental place?

Every company has a shuttle that meets the Ships. Just go to the pickup area and a shuttle will be there in a few minutes. You'll be in you car in 20 minutes or so.

Archived