Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Nice to see that you took Mumm along for the visit.

I never knew that fish had balls,we'll you live and learn don't you.

This is a terrible admission ..

I don't need to bring it down! I may forget cucumbers but we have a wine fridge and a beer fridge always full ... and as you will see from the shape of the ice in the Pimms an ice machine. What home is complete with such things.

Food is always a phone call away ... but champers .. beer ... ice ... that's different.

:)

Sophia,

You are terrible. I confess. That is Pimms but au naturel. No fruit. Luxury will be having a fit because there's no Carmen Miranda in the bleedin' glass. And we're on our third. Sod lunch. I think of this place as being a beach hut with a ViSpring bed. So I'm sometimes a bit bad on the supplies front.

How about some inconsequential detail on your day. The importance is in the detail as the watercooler beckons .....

:)

I'm partial to a Pimms, very refreshing on a summers day...sod the added extras....whilst it makes the brew attractive one can have great difficulty getting to the liquid;)

My day has been quite productive for a change....finally got round to booking the Whisper for a quick soiree around the Caribbean in October, also grabbed a reasonably good deal with BA flights....so I'm a happy bunny right now:)

On more mundane matters....the annual MOT and service on the car went without a hitch and the said vehicle was returned to me this morning in fine fettle.....l celebrated with a glass or two of the Casa Blanco:eek: followed by an iceberg wedge smothered in ranch, crouton and bacon bits.

Sophia

I'm partial to a Pimms, very refreshing on a summers day...sod the added extras....whilst it makes the brew attractive one can have great difficulty getting to the liquid;)

My day has been quite productive for a change....finally got round to booking the Whisper for a quick soiree around the Caribbean in October, also grabbed a reasonably good deal with BA flights....so I'm a happy bunny right now:)

On more mundane matters....the annual MOT and service on the car went without a hitch and the said vehicle was returned to me this morning in fine fettle.....l celebrated with a glass or two of the Casa Blanco:eek: followed by an iceberg wedge smothered in ranch, crouton and bacon bits.

Sophia

Hate MOTs. Wife's car has these lights which keep coming on.:(

I wish I was rich. I yearn for 801/2 on Whisper again, but those days are sadly gone .... :)

It is always a result when you get something good out of BA. A few days ago I booked some forward " days away" ie those cheapo weekend out and back on the same day. I'm taking her for lunch in Vienna at the Swisshouse in a few weeks, our favourite fish and oyster place in Nice for a lunch in September, and a day at the Munich Christmas market in early December. All out early and back in time for cocoa.

Tempted?

Hate MOTs. Wife's car has these lights which keep coming on.:(

I wish I was rich. I yearn for 801/2 on Whisper again, but those days are sadly gone .... :)

It is always a result when you get something good out of BA. A few days ago I booked some forward " days away" ie those cheapo weekend out and back on the same day. I'm taking her for lunch in Vienna at the Swisshouse in a few weeks, our favourite fish and oyster place in Nice for a lunch in September, and a day at the Munich Christmas market in early December. All out early and back in time for cocoa.

Tempted?

I think those 'days away' trips are wonderful, not so good for me being up north....too much hassle organising the staff and one's puppy...:rolleyes:

I'd love to do that though....just take off for lunch somewhere other than the local chippy! :eek:

A quick weekend in our capital is on the agenda for the bank holiday weekend, meeting up with friends...and the train takes the strain!

Sophia

I think those 'days away' trips are wonderful, not so good for me being up north....too much hassle organising the staff and one's puppy...:rolleyes:

I'd love to do that though....just take off for lunch somewhere other than the local chippy! :eek:

A quick weekend in our capital is on the agenda for the bank holiday weekend, meeting up with friends...and the train takes the strain!

Sophia

The problem with the awaydays is that if you have a good day (like today) in Devon or back home, you wonder why you bother and end up cancelling. A day on the balcony with a Lionel Lobster or two ... and the bed is the home bed! I have a thing about beds and pillows. Do you? Always travel with our pillows.

Do you have any special meals or visits for your day in London? How long is it on the train?

Jeff, I've done some cartilage damage to my knee. Playing bloody tennis. No more. I shall resign myself to staid activities performed whilst drinking lots of alchohol.

On the pastilles, I like all of them except the orange ones. Horrid little things those are.

The Head Sommelier has just poured me another glass of Primitive. He's been responsible for all the catering for just over a week, due to my infirmity. :eek:I've shown the pics of your lunch to hopefully give him some inspiration, because it looks scrummy. We had some chicken pesto for supper.

The problem with the awaydays is that if you have a good day (like today) in Devon or back home, you wonder why you bother and end up cancelling. A day on the balcony with a Lionel Lobster or two ... and the bed is the home bed! I have a thing about beds and pillows. Do you? Always travel with our pillows.

Do you have any special meals or visits for your day in London? How long is it on the train?

Train journey is about one hour twenty minutes into KC. I'm meeting friends for lunch at Oblix on one day and Rules on another, been going there since 1971 and still like it! The rest of the time l shall be doing a bit of shopping and generally mooching about.

It's a beautiful day here so planning to sit in the garden with a book, haven't planned lunch yet, maybe some charcuterie:)

Sophia

Train journey is about one hour twenty minutes into KC. I'm meeting friends for lunch at Oblix on one day and Rules on another, been going there since 1971 and still like it! The rest of the time l shall be doing a bit of shopping and generally mooching about.

It's a beautiful day here so planning to sit in the garden with a book, haven't planned lunch yet, maybe some charcuterie:)

Sophia

Well,

All I can see is seamist at the moment so I guess it is a hot one today. It's another curry night tonight so it's a steak baguette for lunch on the balcony with something fizzy.

jeff

Jeff, I've done some cartilage damage to my knee. Playing bloody tennis. No more. I shall resign myself to staid activities performed whilst drinking lots of alchohol.

On the pastilles, I like all of them except the orange ones. Horrid little things those are.

The Head Sommelier has just poured me another glass of Primitive. He's been responsible for all the catering for just over a week, due to my infirmity. :eek:I've shown the pics of your lunch to hopefully give him some inspiration, because it looks scrummy. We had some chicken pesto for supper.

Tennis can be tough on the old knees. We devised our own rules for tennis. It is opposite to the proper rules. You lose a point if the other person doesn't hit it back. So basically when you are rooky players like us the idea is to place the ball in the opposite court in order for it to be perfectly placed for a return. A few years back we were lucky to find an elderly Indian man practising in the village tennis courts. He could barely move but offered to give us some coaching, It transpired he use to be the Indian team Davis coach and he made us run around!:)

We do no sports now ...just try to walk for an hour or so every day. Back in Hampshire we're so lucky with both an old drove road and also a coaching track in the village which are both lovely ancient walks. I love the history of drove roads and the coaching routes, particularly the toll roads.

Mist is starting to lift so hopefully out for a walk on the beach.

Have a great day everyone on the thread today ....

Tennis can be tough on the old knees. We devised our own rules for tennis. It is opposite to the proper rules. You lose a point if the other person doesn't hit it back. So basically when you are rooky players like us the idea is to place the ball in the opposite court in order for it to be perfectly placed for a return. A few years back we were lucky to find an elderly Indian man practising in the village tennis courts. He could barely move but offered to give us some coaching, It transpired he use to be the Indian team Davis coach and he made us run around!:)

We do no sports now ...just try to walk for an hour or so every day. Back in Hampshire we're so lucky with both an old drove road and also a coaching track in the village which are both lovely ancient walks. I love the history of drove roads and the coaching routes, particularly the toll roads.

Mist is starting to lift so hopefully out for a walk on the beach.

Have a great day everyone on the thread today ....

I like your tennis rules. It's time for me to stop playing now, too old and apparently too injury prone. I do enjoy walking and am lucky to live in an area with superb walks that aren't too hilly.

Speaking of drove roads, this area was a big goose farming area and they used to drive them to market 10 miles away :eek:. They dipped their feet in tar to protect them, apparently.

Hope you've had a pleasant walk on the beach, there really is nothing like sea air for giving one a bit of a lift.

We're doing curry tonight too. He's making a chicken madras, which I've never had before and suspect will be too spicy for me. We shall see.

I like your tennis rules. It's time for me to stop playing now, too old and apparently too injury prone. I do enjoy walking and am lucky to live in an area with superb walks that aren't too hilly.

Speaking of drove roads, this area was a big goose farming area and they used to drive them to market 10 miles away :eek:. They dipped their feet in tar to protect them, apparently.

Hope you've had a pleasant walk on the beach, there really is nothing like sea air for giving one a bit of a lift.

We're doing curry tonight too. He's making a chicken madras, which I've never had before and suspect will be too spicy for me. We shall see.

Good afternoon from a hot Devon!

Good luck with your madras ...... if you ever really get into rice may I suggest you take a look at the Zojirushi rice cookers. Changed our rice lives!

It's been gorgeous today .... walk, Pimms, sirloin sandwich with chips and I've ordered tonights curry and got my early birds discount. I have been

very frugal with the order and cut it down by ten quid!

Delivery Method: Delivery

2 Rice and Sundries Pilau Rice £4.10

1 Nan Bread Plain Nan £1.75

Tandoori Dishes Tandoori Mixed Grill £9.50

1 Massala Dishes Chicken Tikka Massala

Side: Rice £7.50

1 Curry Dishes Kurma Chicken £5.20

1 Curry Dishes Curry Chicken £5.20

1 Starters Chicken Tikka £3.10

2 Starters Sheek Keebab £5.40

1 Starters Prawn Puree £3.10

1 Starters Lamb Samosa £2.25

Let us know how the madras goes ....

4C4068CA-357C-4B6E-AF04-738D3FAE748B_zpsrhwkbmzi.jpg

521FB0FF-67DB-4F2C-8F8E-95D7DD6B6799_zpsstn4zqxx.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Rioja,I see

Had lunch at Santini in Ebury street today

Funny thing is they had lettuce wedge served with blue cheese dressing on the starter menu

Ten quid to you and me!!

Had a lobster salad with a bottle of Gavi di Gavi

Sounds like you did better than us today. Really fancy some fresh lobster. I wish I understood why it's so difficult to get decent fresh sea food. Why on earth do we export it all.

Terrible curry. Sulking..

:(

Yes,curry I find can be hit and miss.

We are going to our favourite out of London Italian tonight.

They always have Scottish Lobster and we have never had a better lobster Thermidor. I know exactly what my wife will order.

The Coach House at Ruxley is the place.its like going back in time thirty five years.

The chef is sixty seven and the waiters are all over fifty.

They also have a lovely old wooden sweet dessert trolley

Profiteroles anyone?

Edited by Mr Luxury

Terrible curry. Sulking..

:(

Sorry your curry was terrible. The selection you ordered sounded lovely.

The chicken madras was also terrible. Well it was probably quite good, if you like that type of thing but I don't. I like Tikka Masala, Korma, Passanda etc. I ended up having an M&S King Prawn Makhani out of the freezer :eek:

Also had a dreadful offering from Laithwaites, just to top the evening off. It was Italian red- again - and called Il Papavero. It's allegedly one of their best sellers, so either my palate is off due to infirmity :D or we had a bad bottle. The red wine vinegar in the pantry would have preferable.

It's another beautiful day here and I'm going stir crazy. Time to set up some seating for me and my cursed knee outside in the garden.

Sorry to hear of your bad curry day. Can't wait to get back to the proper kitchen. I think what upset me a about last nights curry was just the cheating. Prawn on Puri with no prawns but potato instead. Lamb Samosas with no lamb, just potato and peas and the size of a ravioli. Tripadvisor pen ready ......:)

I have a really great cheats method of a perfect curry. Taken me years to work it out. ;)

Hoping to have another great balcony day today.