Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

I am half Greek and half Swedish

The dessert appeals!

Eat dessert first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must have an interesting culinary set of juices. I bet you like kofta ... And being half a Swede is so much better than being half a turnip! :D

This is what it was like today ... I cannot help it .... but you only live once ....

2FB61C55-CC61-4BDF-9321-4935E1190928_zpstyztwoj6.jpg

Finally surfacing from mountain of boxes - we have somehow accumulated "stuff" from five properties. We already disposed of a load of it in a skip. However there is still an awful lot to cram into this one house - major sighs all round.

Didn't make the food festival although I hear it was a great success.

This retirement business really sucks - never worked so hard in my life! From first thing in the morning until last thing at night I seem to have something to do - if I sit down I see something so have to get on and do it - so much for catching up on crafts etc. As for cruising who has time to do that - the garden would be like the day of the triffids when we returned LOL

So far finding dining establishments disappointing - except for one we went to last weekend but that was over 3 miles down a single track VERY windy country road (amazing to think I used to whizz round these same roads in my mini with no fear many moons ago!)

As for temperature brrrr - 55 and very humid (hysterical laughter) try 86 and 100% humidity! Not sure how we (and four legs) will ever survive a winter here!

Mary

Which two?

Those canapes looked alright.

The inimitable Mandy and her husband Gordon....he's been my vet for over 12 years. She did tell me all about this trip but I had forgotten....almost gagged on me voddie when l saw her...:rolleyes:

She's exactly as you see her but actually has a heart of gold.

S:)

Finally surfacing from mountain of boxes - we have somehow accumulated "stuff" from five properties. We already disposed of a load of it in a skip. However there is still an awful lot to cram into this one house - major sighs all round.

Didn't make the food festival although I hear it was a great success.

This retirement business really sucks - never worked so hard in my life! From first thing in the morning until last thing at night I seem to have something to do - if I sit down I see something so have to get on and do it - so much for catching up on crafts etc. As for cruising who has time to do that - the garden would be like the day of the triffids when we returned LOL

So far finding dining establishments disappointing - except for one we went to last weekend but that was over 3 miles down a single track VERY windy

country road (amazing to think I used to whizz round these same roads in my mini with no fear many moons ago!)

As for temperature brrrr - 55 and very humid (hysterical laughter) try 86 and 100% humidity! Not sure how we (and four legs) will ever survive a winter here!

Mary

Hi Mary,

Hope things settle down for you soon, it must be rather a shock to the system!

Sophia :)

The inimitable Mandy and her husband Gordon....he's been my vet for over 12 years. She did tell me all about this trip but I had forgotten....almost gagged on me voddie when l saw her...:rolleyes:

She's exactly as you see her but actually has a heart of gold.

S:)

He didn't get much of a word in did he?

Been here 5 weeks now.... Finally got over the ready made meals and eating real food LOL Sadly no Waitrose yet other than a small convenience version in the middle of town. However both Waitrose and M&S Food are opening new stores early next year on the outside of town and should give Sainsbury's a run for their money who have the monopoly at present on this side of town.

Had a wonderful meal last night at a local establishment - I think it was made all the better because our server was from Chicago! Made me feel less homesick for the other side of the Atlantic.

Oh well off to battle the chilly temps and go and pick up a newspaper.

Mary

Well, I guess you are getting back into the swing of things ..... I'll doubt you go hungry in lovely Shrewsbury. Lovely market? Is the dog shivering yet? :D

Today is a lovely corn fwd chicken. That will mean chicken sandwiches in Hovis tonight! Mine with salad cream and red onion. Hers with Just the salad cream!

Planning what to eat over the next few days for our Monday 9am Ocado delivery. I'm thinking of some poached salmon with new potatoes and English asparagus with Hollandaise on Monday. Steak baguette on Tuesday with some frites. Kebabs with Greek salad and pitta on Wednesday, and on Thursday she is off up to London to have her hair done by it feels the most expensive hairdresser to ever snip. Still, it makes her smile. She has a new Amex BA Prem Plus card to hit in order to release our wad of joinup BA miles and eventually her 241, which will hopefully be Singapore. So, I'm thinking of just a bacon, mushroom and raw red onion sandwich! Nothing grand! And some wine.

They also have sides of salmon on offer and I am tempted to buy a couple and do some smoking whilst she is off chatting up expensive hairdressers and raiding Selfridges and John Lewis. I have a feeling she is coming back with a clutch of new expensive pillows. I have some Scottish malt whiskey cask shavings which I want to play with to smoke the salmon whilst she is off spending.

What is everyone eating and doing today?

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
apiditis

Well, I guess you are getting back into the swing of things ..... I'll doubt you go hungry in lovely Shrewsbury. Lovely market? Is the dog shivering yet? :D

Today is a lovely corn fwd chicken. That will mean chicken sandwiches in Hovis tonight! Mine with salad cream and red onion. Hers with Just the salad cream!

Planning what to eat over the next few days for our Monday 9am Ocado delivery. I'm thinking of some poached salmon with new potatoes and English asparagus with Hollandaise on Monday. Steak baguette on Tuesday with some frites. Kebabs with Greek salad and pitta on Wednesday, and on Thursday she is off up to London to have her hair done by it feels the most expensive hairdresser to ever snip. Still, it makes her smile. She has a new Amex BA Prem Plus card to hit in order to release our wad of joinup BA miles and eventually her 241, which will hopefully be Singapore. So, I'm thinking of just a bacon, mushroom and raw red onion sandwich! Nothing grand! And some wine.

They also have sides of salmon on offer and I am tempted to buy a couple and do some smoking whilst she is off chatting up expensive hairdressers and raiding Selfridges and John Lewis. I have a feeling she is coming back with a clutch of new expensive pillows. I have some Scottish malt whiskey cask shavings which I want to play with to smoke the salmon whilst she is off spending.

What is everyone eating and doing today?

Jeff

We had a delightful luncheon at the local pub..I may visit again at some point.

Food was excellent and enjoyed by all.

S :)

We had a delightful luncheon at the local pub..I may visit again at some point.

Food was excellent and enjoyed by all.

S :)

Lovely!

I spit roasted the chick chick but it was too big for one meal and sandwiches tonight, so the it is a chicken salad tommorow.

I gave her eggy sandwiches and champers and fresh melon outside instead this evening .....

93A95361-A1FD-486B-B1B5-C9D22D775B63_zpssdz8cnzz.jpg

33C2DD3A-4BC2-4A3B-88AF-207B4EEC0DB2_zps0xhmgs3c.jpg

I made white bean turkey chipotle chili with dark chocolate.

Now continuing the dreaded packing

Happy futbol all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildlife!!

Turkey with a Mousse!

You must both be really excited about your trip! Enjoy!

:)