corks and caps beverage package

bakerintn

Here is a link to the NCL flyer on this program.

It does not list a price....I would appreciate learning about this package including the price.

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Corks-and-Caps-08052013.pdf

First I've ever heard or seen this. Hopefully someone will give us he details real quick so we can order this for our upcoming cruise.

:thumbup:

wasiii

Sent through the air with the greatest of ease from my Galaxy Nexus.

boy...the UBP for $5 more makes this package not look so good.

Perhaps the point of the pricing wasn't to make this package look good, but to give the guest more "motivation" to purchase the full package instead...

I was on the Jade recently and I thought it was $18 a day but correct me if I'm wrong

$18 a day would be an incredible bargain. Other than teetotalers, pretty much everyone would sign up for the package at that price. Unfortunately, it's not $18 but $44 (see below).

groupbeverageprogram.jpg

Quick question we are going with a group of like 12 cabins and noone wants to buy the package except 2 cabins Can they? I was reading and it says

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program

So does that mean because we are a group they can't and that everyone under 21 has to buy the soda card?

I agree with the previous comments and also have the same questions. I just saw this new program last night and inquired about the price ... Glad to see someone posted it here ... Thanks!

What if some people you’re traveling with simply don’t drink or, don’t drink that much each day?

I get it … they’re trying but … I think NCL needs to "un-complicate" these programs. They need to "Freestyle" them and build in some flexibility.

I agree with the previous comments and also have the same questions. I just saw this new program last night and inquired about the price ... Glad to see someone posted it here ... Thanks!

What if some people you’re traveling with simply don’t drink or, don’t drink that much each day?

I get it … they’re trying but … I think NCL needs to "un-complicate" these programs. They need to "Freestyle" them and build in some flexibility.

If only ONE person in the stateroom or group buys the package it more likely the program would be "shared". That is eliminated when both/all are required to purchase the program.

Unfortunately, there's always someone trying to cheat the system so they really can't be flexible. Royal has the same restrictions.

Unfortunately, there's always someone trying to cheat the system so they really can't be flexible.

Question: if someone is over 21 but has a documentable medical condition that they cannot drink alcohol do you think Norwegian would make an exception and let the other cabin-mates buy the UBP? Perhaps the non-alcoholic drinker gets the same package as those under 21 do?

Question: if someone is over 21 but has a documentable medical condition that they cannot drink alcohol do you think Norwegian would make an exception and let the other cabin-mates buy the UBP? Perhaps the non-alcoholic drinker gets the same package as those under 21 do?

I've read that the will allow that on Royal but you need to do it on board. NCL may do the same thing but I'm sure it would depend on what they consider acceptable documentation. I'd call & speak with a supervisor.

• 9 months later...

Can you get wine spritzers on this package, or would I have to order a glass of wine, and then go back and get a club soda ? It says it includes fountain soda, is club soda from fountain or can on ncl ? I think it will be worth it for us looking back at a previous cruise bar bill, we mostly drink wine and beer.

Can you get wine spritzers on this package, or would I have to order a glass of wine, and then go back and get a club soda ? It says it includes fountain soda, is club soda from fountain or can on ncl ? I think it will be worth it for us looking back at a previous cruise bar bill, we mostly drink wine and beer.

Good question, I'd like to know too. Corks and Caps might work out better for us than the UBP. ;)

Edited by dobiemom

I don't drink mixed drinks so the program would make sence for me, unfortunatly the wife only drinks mixed drinks, So we would both have to get the UDP. Alas, neither one of us drink enough to make the packages worth it for us, not 6 or 7 days straight. If money wasn't an object, we would purchase them just for the conveinience of not always signing a reciept.

If money wasn't an object, we would purchase them just for the conveinience of not always signing a reciept.

Even with packages, you always sign the receipt for alcoholic drinks - usually for sodas too.

If only ONE person in the stateroom or group buys the package it more likely the program would be "shared". That is eliminated when both/all are required to purchase the program.

celebrity don't have a problem.

unless they fixed it ncl computer system cannot do it anyway.

Yes you can, I just rang NCL.