Insurance Claim Question

ssbeagle

While on the Star my mother got very sick and had to spend some time in the medical center on the ship. We filed our personal insurance when we got home which only paid a portion. My question is: Will the Princess insurance purchased before the trip pay for any of the doctor's bill and how do you file? My mother doesn't have the brochure any more that would tell you how to file a claim. Any help is appreciated.

If you get a Princess brochure it has the information on it --- any of their cruise brochures. Didn't you get a Princess Travel Care document in the cruise tickets too? or maybe that is what she lost??

Yes the insurance will pay for the med center bills..Travel agent should be able t help or call Berkley (the ins. co.) at 800-453-4069..

Thanks for your answer. The cruise packet usually includes the insurance information in a separate little brochure and that's what she disposed of. Fortunately she kept the tickets. She was going to throw them away too but I told her they would be needed to file a claim. I really don't recall seeing the Princess Travel care document, just where it states on the ticket that she had the travel care. I will look into further. Thanks again.

I always purchase insurance with csa out of San Diego. They are about half the cost of Princess travel care and I had to use them this past March when I visited the medical center for a visit and medications. My primary insurance paid some and then csa paid the balance. I just sent to them an explanation of benefits from my primary insurance and that is all they required. No other tickets. They were great and easy.....

CMG

Archived